Youlean Loudness Meter 2 - V2.5.2 - April 25, 2022 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Loudness Meter

mutantdog wrote:This seems like a bug to me....

I disable the distribution view, but when i later re-open the project and open the plugin window, the distribution is visible. According to the view menu, distribution is still switched off, switching it back on resizes the GUI, switching it off again removes the view but the GUI remains resized.

VST 2, 64-bit, Ableton 9.7, Win10.
Thanks, I will check this out.

Any news on development process?
CU
VK

And what of Freq-Balancer?

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:Any news on development process?
V2 is close to be finished. I am currently working on Export feature and after that I have to implement copy protection for PRO version + redesign GUI a bit and that is it. Unfortunately because I am using IPlug for this plugin I had to add a lot of new features to the framework so in order to have resizing, scaling, vector graphics etc. so that's why V2 is taking so long to do, but once I release it you can expect much quicker updates. Also you could expect GUI scaling and other features to show in plugins from other companies too since I am making all changes available on my GitHub and many companies are using IPlug...

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=485801&hilit=youlean#p6800087

If you have Facebook look here to see what else is coming:
https://www.facebook.com/itsYoulean/pos ... 4597235928
Last edited by Youlean on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MogwaiBoy wrote:And what of Freq-Balancer?
Unfortunately Freq-Balancer will have to wait until I finish Loudness Meter...

Youlean wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:And what of Freq-Balancer?
Unfortunately Freq-Balancer will have to wait until I finish Loudness Meter...
Freq-Balancer is an amazing help for starting mixers and fast handy utility for accomplished mixers. The new one will be a must buy.

Good luck with the Loudness Meter for now! And hurry :) :hyper:

Is it still developed?

I would like to make the following feature suggestion:
--> presets for digital streaming platforms / digital distribution (Youtube, Itunes / Apple Music, Spotify etc)

I'd love to see some more activity on this too. Even a 1.5.1 beta would give me some hope this ain't been abandoned.

I've made a mental list of some minor improvements i'd like to see implemented which i'll post here when i remember.

I've just seen that this has had a few updates recently, currently at v1.9.4 BETA. Looks like v2 is on the way.

I don't know if the dev is still following this thread but here goes anyway.

So I've been using the 1.9.4 BETA lately and it's definitely looking a lot nicer. I did find one graphical bug which I can't describe from memory but will try and reproduce. I'd really like to see at least one extra time iteration between 1 hour and 2 hours, i've used v1.5.0 for mastering a couple of albums that have been a little over 60 minutes long and zooming out to two hours seems a little over the top to visualise the whole thing.

Any ideas on what the PRO version will be priced at?

mutantdog wrote:I don't know if the dev is still following this thread but here goes anyway.

So I've been using the 1.9.4 BETA lately and it's definitely looking a lot nicer. I did find one graphical bug which I can't describe from memory but will try and reproduce. I'd really like to see at least one extra time iteration between 1 hour and 2 hours, i've used v1.5.0 for mastering a couple of albums that have been a little over 60 minutes long and zooming out to two hours seems a little over the top to visualise the whole thing.

Any ideas on what the PRO version will be priced at?
Thanks for the suggestions. For some reason I don't get email notifications for new replys here.

I can't speak akout pricing yet, but ut won't be priced (stupidly) high as other loudness meters.

Not sure if I add 1.5h mark but I will try. Ideally that window should be freely adjustable.

Hi Youlean,
Love your product - thanks for making it available.

Quick question on intervals for the various measurements. This is my understanding:
Momentary = 400ms
Short Term = 3s
Integrated = Mean to date

What interval then is Loudness Range calculated over?

Thanks,
Colin

colin_oz wrote:Hi Youlean,
Love your product - thanks for making it available.

Quick question on intervals for the various measurements. This is my understanding:
Momentary = 400ms
Short Term = 3s
Integrated = Mean to date

What interval then is Loudness Range calculated over?

Thanks,
Colin
Thanks!
Yes.
Loudness Range is calculate over same range as Integrated.

Minor bug in v1.95:

Clicking on the momentary, short term and true peak max values near the bottom left doesn't reset these values as it did previously. Also found a strange intermittent issue where using the scroll wheel to zoom in/out when the follow arrow isn't activated appears to move the visible region to an empty time period (activating follow button resolves this).

Another feature request:

Is it (or will it be) possible to add a "set current as default" function or some way to save user presets.

Win 10 (latest update), 64-bit, Ableton Live 10.

mutantdog wrote:Minor bug in v1.95:

Clicking on the momentary, short term and true peak max values near the bottom left doesn't reset these values as it did previously. Also found a strange intermittent issue where using the scroll wheel to zoom in/out when the follow arrow isn't activated appears to move the visible region to an empty time period (activating follow button resolves this).

Another feature request:

Is it (or will it be) possible to add a "set current as default" function or some way to save user presets.

Win 10 (latest update), 64-bit, Ableton Live 10.
Thanks, I will fix that tomorrow.

Yes, it is possible, though I will add that in future updates.

Return to “Effects”