Sequench - acoustic guitar, sequenced synth, bass - laid back

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A piece based on a short sequence over which an acoustic guitar defines a theme and does some improvisation. Mostly a laid back feeling in which the bass and sequence establishes the foundation.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/sequench

Cheers.

nice production, bass is beefy and tight. i would have brought in the xylophone as a solo at about the middle too, for a little more "dueling banjos" type variation.

:EDIT:
just wanted to show why the bass sounds so good on this.
look at the steep roll off of the bass frequencies at around 50hz
cutting off any low end mud. its also mostly mono and center panned.
good job :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for the feedback ! Much appreciated. Indeed the bass sound is quite good and your feedback provides a very useful way of looking back at the settings, at the mix, the sound generation.

Ironically perhaps, I was getting frustrated with the bass sound up to the last moments when I decided to drop some compression and to go hunting for a better bass sound. So at that point it was done mostly as a spontaneous thing.

The little detail that gets me is the short time before the drum starts. There's a build up of sorts that announces the oncoming drum part but instead of it being a drum fill, or a cymbal sweep it's rather happening on the sides with a build up of ambient sounds. It's only hinted at in this piece and I'll see if it can be used somewhat more dramatically later.

What I don't like is the guitar noises. It's basically an improvisation although nevertheless I make way too much noise while playing and I need to spend some time with the placement of the two mics and the tube preamp and compressor.

Cheers.

Return to “Music Cafe”