Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

The v1.2 installer install v1.1.3 here (Windows 7, VST2), dated January 2017.

I uninstalled the old version first, just to make sure.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Re-download the installer, it should be fixed now.

Admittedly I don’t know what I’m doing with this yet, but it just dropped reaper. All I did was load a really big sample and start jumping through the wave form while playing sounds on a keyboard.

I really like it though. It will be extreamly useful and fun and creative if I can figure it out. It’s polyphonic!

discoDSP wrote:Re-download the installer, it should be fixed now.
Yep, all OK now. :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well, I had to RTFM :-x to figure out wth a “zone” was... but I got it now. This thing is pretty awesome... and yes you can do grain edits with it.

Does this have timestretch? If it did, like tal sampler, where you could slow it right down to freeze it ad scrub through the file that would get me interested.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Does this have timestretch? If it did, like tal sampler, where you could slow it right down to freeze it ad scrub through the file that would get me interested.
You can slow down or speed up the sample loop as a whole. If you want to do more advanced edits... you can, but it’s all about working in layers. It’s a matter of how much fun you are having with it... and I’m starting to have fun. It’s pretty advanced at it’s heart... very high reproduction and it’s very well thought out. It was purposefully kept light and clean... which I appreciate... but it’s all about finding work arounds and “ways” of doing what you want. It can be done.. but you might have to know what you are doing and find a work around to get it done. It goes for the layered and stack approach... which is how I work anyway. This would fit in my set up very well. It’s better made for keyboard players then sequencer artists IMHO. This is really my first go around with a dedicated sampler... but it works and feels more like a rompler.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTW... I haven’t had any more crashes so... probably a midi feedback loop or something... or just too many midi messages flying around earlier. Maybe something with the demo limitations. Seems pretty stable... even though I could probably push it too far if I wanted.

Welcome back, George. I'm glad you're feeling better.
So.
Am I going to be able to sweet-talk you into adding Scala Microtuning support?
-b
Boo-Frickety-Hoo.
-Dr. Evil

Dasheesh wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Does this have timestretch? If it did, like tal sampler, where you could slow it right down to freeze it ad scrub through the file that would get me interested.
You can slow down or speed up the sample loop as a whole. If you want to do more advanced edits... you can, but it’s all about working in layers. It’s a matter of how much fun you are having with it... and I’m starting to have fun. It’s pretty advanced at it’s heart... very high reproduction and it’s very well thought out. It was purposefully kept light and clean... which I appreciate... but it’s all about finding work arounds and “ways” of doing what you want. It can be done.. but you might have to know what you are doing and find a work around to get it done. It goes for the layered and stack approach... which is how I work anyway. This would fit in my set up very well. It’s better made for keyboard players then sequencer artists IMHO. This is really my first go around with a dedicated sampler... but it works and feels more like a rompler.
Cool, but that has nothing to do with timestretch. Any sampler can loop and play faster or slower. Timestretch (changing length and pitch interdependently) is enormously useful. Would be a nice mix here with the in-built sampling and zones. Halion is the only other one with all that.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
Cool, but that has nothing to do with timestretch. Any sampler can loop and play faster or slower. Timestretch (changing length and pitch interdependently) is enormously useful. Would be a nice mix here with the in-built sampling and zones. Halion is the only other one with all that.
Yeah, well... I haven’t come across time stretch yet, but I’m pretty sure you can do that in your DAW. That’s what I mean by work arounds. Right now Bliss is very dependent on your DAW being the heart of your set up. For instance... it doesn’t have an internal sequencer... it’s dependent on your DAWS. Of course... I haven’t even touched the affects yet. I’m still figuring out how to set up a patch at this point. I’ve figured out how to edit and layer it... but I’ve been focusing on a specific task for MY needs. There could be time stretch I’m still missing.

Dasheesh wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
Yeah, well... I haven’t come across time stretch yet, but I’m pretty sure you can do that in your DAW. That’s what I mean by work arounds. Right now Bliss is very dependent on your DAW being the heart of your set up. For instance... it doesn’t have an internal sequencer... it’s dependent on your DAWS. Of course... I haven’t even touched the affects yet. I’m still figuring out how to set up a patch at this point. I’ve figured out how to edit and layer it... but I’ve been focusing on a specific task for MY needs. There could be time stretch I’m still missing.
How on earth are you comparing sequencing with timetretch? And no your daw won't let you timestretch the samples inside a sampler that you are plying polyphonically. That makes no sense. It doesn't have timestretch, thats fine. There's no workaround, unless you consider using another sampler thar has timestretch as a workaround.

You know what I’m going to correct myself a little bit here... there IS a sync. You can sync the sample to the time of your project. With every sync option availabile. Maybe that helps you more. I still haven’t seen real time/time stretching. Where you turn a knob and adjust the time... but If nothing else there’s freeware for that!

Dasheesh wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
How on earth are you comparing sequencing with timetretch? And no your daw won't let you timestretch the samples inside a sampler that you are plying polyphonically. That makes no sense. It doesn't have timestretch, thats fine. There's no workaround, unless you consider using another sampler thar has timestretch as a workaround.

Most DAWS I know of let you render and then time stretch. Whatever.

Hi. I bought Bliss a month or 2 ago, and I'm loving it. But now I have a problem... I found some old Akai S5000 (.akp) programs but they won't load. I checked the log file and I got this:
Bliss> Plugin: Error importing program fileBliss/Ultimate/Keys & Pads/CLAVINET 1.AKP: ...ith/Documents/discoDSP/Bliss/Scripts/Formats/akp.lua:9: attempt to index global 'm' (a nil value)

I'm running Bliss on Ubuntu 16.04, Bitwig Studio 2.3.4, Intel i7 quad core 16 GB RAM.

I really want to be able to load these old Akai programs...

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Instruments”