FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gas pump wrote:Which doesn't translate into a high percentage of popular music being released with Fruityloops, on the contrary.
As I have asked you, what do you know we don't?

You are the one who is asserting that FL Studio is becoming less relevant and less used to make commercial music. It is you who needs to provide the evidence, if you want to make this point.

You don't like FL Studio or the company, it is clear. But that doesn't change reality, or your right to use another DAW and do something productive with your time.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

A firm that is being giving & developed for more than 12 years definitely deserves a platinum medal. Image-Line is a fast growing firm & their philosophy to make FL Studio as customize-able as possible to suit everyone's needs is unrivaled, needless to say they offer a future free-update to owners (unlike many major firms)..

Image-Line wrote:
gas pump wrote:Which doesn't translate into a high percentage of popular music being released with Fruityloops, on the contrary.

You are the one who is asserting that FL Studio is becoming less relevant and less used to make commercial music. It is you who needs to provide the evidence, if you want to make this point.

You don't like FL Studio or the company, it is clear. But that doesn't change reality, or your right to use another DAW and do something productive with your time.

Regards Scott
You seem to have conveniently forgotten your original claim.

"a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio"

I think the real question is, what do you know we don't?

I've simply outlined why I think your claim is false.

gas pump wrote:
Image-Line wrote:

Regards Scott
You seem to have conveniently forgotten your original claim.

"a large percentage of today's popular music is either made entirely or partially with FL Studio"

I think the real question is, what do you know we don't?

I've simply outlined why I think your claim is false.
There's a long list of FL Studio power users. Additionally I know from many of my colleague they use FL Studio as a sampler via Rewire or directly as VST for example in Cubase. "large percentage" has no real definition so a discussion about it is senseless :wink: On the other hand FL Studio has data about their customers so they'll know at least something when they claim it...

How about literally the most popular Hip-Hop song worldwide on the radio right now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceaB4D0jpo

I'm not particularly a fan of Tank God (the producer), and don't think this song is anything musically special, but it was indeed made on FL Studio. Granted, it's not a very technically impressive piece, but it's popularity that people are asking about.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Dude which is adding oil on to fire is clearly a mo*** and KVR moderators should do their job on this one.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Cant be bothered to school a pleb any further, apologies.
you calling me an idiot is a display of sheer unreal discrepancy between the truth and the said, scrub :D
Soundplex wrote:
Rameses wrote:You need literally one click to create a midi track, the next thing you'll need to do is hit "record".
You need 1 click to create a new pattern in FL Studio either and can play MIDI into any instrument of the project, even multiple I think.
Rameses wrote:The syncopation ("swing") in acid wasn't limited to only one syncopation type, it has over 20 different presets and you also can create your own ones which really is unique amongst digital audio workstations, if I recall correctly.
FL Studio has main swing and a per-channel/instrument swing multiplier to create an individual swing for everything you want. Additionally it comes with a lot of swing/quantization templates (of course you can create own ones) which can be applied with just a keypress.

I too think editing audio needs a rework. I dislike open Edison for it. For small things it's okay but you cannot do any bigger tasks for example edit 10 vocal-tracks from a 5 minutes song. This is pita.

I just saw I can choose the Fruity Layer but I remember it unfortunately was missing in a previous version. Is it back again or did I merge some versions by mistake? If it was my mistake, then please bring back FL Layer 8) Patcher is not even close the same for similar tasks.
It it fact needs more steps from launching the application to having a complete track in fl studio than in other DAWs, that was the thing that completely turned me off about it. It was too cluttered, unergonomic, unnecessarily complicated and that comes from a dude which developed an iterative algorithm on his own because he was bored.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Which doesn't translate into a high percentage of popular music being released with Fruityloops, on the contrary.
listening to a lot of music these days i could not tell you how it has been made. typically for this 'non'argument' is missing the point , the quality of the music itself and how does it affect you. FL is as good a creative tool as anything. i have made loads of music with it which i think is ok. i am certainly not worried about some bizarre criticism that my music is crap or not good enough because of the software it is made with. i am also a guitarist but have never been able to afford a nice guitar ( a semi-acoustic jazzy number would be lovely) but this does not stop me from playing it in spite of this.
i just do not understand these incessant posts on nearly every forum i frequent which are arguments about software music-making tools and their merits without ever stopping to consider or debate the quality of music. it's a waste of time. i have used nearly everything over the years and there is very little where i would start hating on another persons tool of choice or at least what they can afford. i could use FL stand-alone and produce. In the same way that i used Acid Pro for years. Even cakewalk ( which i am not a fan of but , again, it was what i had to work with, it allowed me to make music, that's the only important point. Nowadays i use reaper for mixing. it's a great setup being able to run FL for midi, in my personal opinion. Stop hating.

inkwarp wrote:
Which doesn't translate into a high percentage of popular music being released with Fruityloops, on the contrary.
listening to a lot of music these days i could not tell you how it has been made. typically for this 'non'argument' is missing the point , the quality of the music itself and how does it affect you. FL is as good a creative tool as anything. i have made loads of music with it which i think is ok. i am certainly not worried about some bizarre criticism that my music is crap or not good enough because of the software it is made with. i am also a guitarist but have never been able to afford a nice guitar ( a semi-acoustic jazzy number would be lovely) but this does not stop me from playing it in spite of this.
i just do not understand these incessant posts on nearly every forum i frequent which are arguments about software music-making tools and their merits without ever stopping to consider or debate the quality of music. it's a waste of time. i have used nearly everything over the years and there is very little where i would start hating on another persons tool of choice or at least what they can afford. i could use FL stand-alone and produce. In the same way that i used Acid Pro for years. Even cakewalk ( which i am not a fan of but , again, it was what i had to work with, it allowed me to make music, that's the only important point. Nowadays i use reaper for mixing. it's a great setup being able to run FL for midi, in my personal opinion. Stop hating.

You do know that when you start a sentence, that you always start with a capital letter after a full stop ? Also, when you are addressing yourself, you should address yourself using a capital letter, rather than lowercase even in mid sentence, for example... with I, I'm, or I've. It really falls under the same reasoning that we use a capital letter for our own and others names...but from a reading perspective, it's easier to read also. 15 years ago on forums I was on, I didn't address myself with an uppercase 'I', because I didn't think it mattered, but it does, because it becomes important if you go onto further higher education, and particular jobs.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Rameses wrote:It it fact needs more steps from launching the application to having a complete track in fl studio than in other DAWs, that was the thing that completely turned me off about it. It was too cluttered, unergonomic, unnecessarily complicated and that comes from a dude which developed an iterative algorithm on his own because he was bored.
Ehhhmmm.. I fire up my template and FL is faster then Cubase or Studio One so.. :shrug:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

n/m

You do know that when you start a sentence, that you always start with a capital letter after a full stop ? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahand particular jobs.
a quick browse of profile reveals:
your name is scott - this is SO predictable. all the scotts i kinow of, they are prize planks.
you seem to spend some (allof your time i'm figuring) on forums typing self-aggrandising , vapid , empty, meaningless bullshit.
your 3d designs your music is drab and lifeless. that's what you get from a proize bullshitter
pedantic statements . from a fantasist. .. 'front of house man' lol. your CV is so fierce mate.
but no one would ever pay a penny for that garish bullshit you call a design so why persist in this ridiculous fantasy world? get real dude.
most of your posts contain some paragraph about your experience going back 'some years' to , lets say, an amiga. if you had any of the experience you say you have you wouldn't be still making stuff that looks like it was MADE ON AN AMIGA 15 F**kin years ago...
trying so hard to be someone, of worth.. but it ain't happening.
but, please, do spellcheck my post , it's the last resort of a talentless 'tard. you post on these forums ( and plenty more i don't doubt) every day... just a slow moving river of mediocrity.
if you were so experienced 'Scott', if you were someone. of some talent, you wouldn't spend your days spouting risible shite on here.

Ok, well I want to discuss the actual software and not what may or may not be made with it. Or who thinks it is awesome or sucks. I want to help get 12.9 B3 patched up and ready for release. Scott at image line, what can I send you to assist with my B3 crashing?

Stupid American Pig wrote:Scott at image line, what can I send you to assist with my B3 crashing?
Start by posting it in the 12.9.3 beta 4 topic here: https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=183720

Describe, in as much detail as possible, the specific steps it takes to get the beta to crash. Recording a screen-capture video would be even better!
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

AJYoung wrote:
Stupid American Pig wrote:Scott at image line, what can I send you to assist with my B3 crashing?
Start by posting it in the 12.9.3 beta 4 topic here: https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=183720

Describe, in as much detail as possible, the specific steps it takes to get the beta to crash. Recording a screen-capture video would be even better!
Indeed, please post in Looptalk Beta 4 thread if its a Windows issue and on the FL Studio macOS forum if its on Mac.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”