Open Sound Control (OSC) is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just release the 3rd and final part of my tutorial about using Open Sound Control (OSC) with Bitwig!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEH7k1k ... okJ6SruEpq

Thanks for the videos moss! :)
Trying to figure out if a bidirectional step sequencer (drum machine) would be a possibility within open stage control, or due to the lack of scripting within the editor this is not an option as of now?

Krooked wrote:Thanks for the videos moss! :)
Trying to figure out if a bidirectional step sequencer (drum machine) would be a possibility within open stage control, or due to the lack of scripting within the editor this is not an option as of now?
I already have that on the wishlist from other people (very low priority).
Problem is that it needs to be a fixed grid.

yes I am talking to you, let me know the best way to contact you directly so I can proceed that way.

anyways I had a project opened a pretty big file and deactivated tracks were showing but greyed out in bitwig.

they were taking up space on open stage tablet so I clicked the x in bitwig to hide them

as soon as I clicked the x the cursor in the clip area disappeared in bitwig and open stage would not refresh.

restarting your script had no effect.

——

After mixing with the tablet some this afternoon I’m seeing that deactivated hidden tracks are not hidden from the view on the tablet, that may be part of it.
Last edited by sebastian_blu on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

moss, I also wanted to see if you got my note that vu meters don't show anything on live audio input

stop behaves differently then in bitwig, when I hit openstage button /stop the played moves forward. when I hit stop in bitwig it play ahead stays at last location point. thats cool if hitting /play during playback would start you at the previous playhead point

currently hitting /play on open stage while transport is playing does nothing. I think it should start you at the previously selected playahead

I see restart does that but seems a bit confusing, I thought that was just for going back to one

Automation control set to touch doesn’t really work with tablet. When I release the fader it doesn’t go back to where it started. It also just continues to write automation at the level I let go of it. Is this your experience Moss?

Also it doesn’t really function well in Bitwig Studio on the computer.
Last edited by sebastian_blu on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sebastian_blu wrote:yes I am talking to you, let me know the best way to contact you directly so I can proceed that way.
Please enter Bugs and Wishes on GitHub. There it is easiest for me to keept track.
You can also send me private messages on KVR.

Ok no problem I’ll collect what I have and send it your way. Thanks so much for all of it btw. Was mixing a session yesterday with the tablet and it is so much more fun with the tablet.

I really like where this is going the last weeks seeing you guy's actively involved into making OSC better and better and better. The only thing I'm still needing something like this to be possible: OSC{/track/@{parent.variables.n}/color, 0}. But this is really a luxury situation as it can do already so many things compare to TouchOSC. Strange right that this Open Stage Control project was a bit of an underdog. Seems the internet still has many secrets :). I made a little youtube video as well. Hopefully this helps to get the word out even more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_b99QcqT8

sebastian_blu wrote:Ok no problem I’ll collect what I have and send it your way. Thanks so much for all of it btw. Was mixing a session yesterday with the tablet and it is so much more fun with the tablet.
always best to file issues on the github repo (psssst Moss doesn't like those, so he solves them..) :hihi:

kdejaeger wrote: I'm still needing something like this to be possible: OSC{/track/@{parent.variables.n}/color, 0}. v=vl_b99QcqT8
Just curious about this. What is the goal you are trying to get to with that?

https://github.com/jean-emmanuel/open-s ... issues/191 the nesting would be useful in cloned of strips. You could put the color of a track in the mixer panel inside of the name as a css property. Or on the drumpads, I could the remove the separate label and put the name of the drumpad inside the pushbutton. I could highlight the drumpad when it's played with css. This is all possible now already, if you have no nested variables.

kdejaeger wrote:https://github.com/jean-emmanuel/open-s ... issues/191 the nesting would be useful in cloned of strips. You could put the color of a track in the mixer panel inside of the name as a css property. Or on the drumpads, I could the remove the separate label and put the name of the drumpad inside the pushbutton. I could highlight the drumpad when it's played with css. This is all possible now already, if you have no nested variables.
There is a way to stack buttons and names and led inside of panels that’s what I have going on my template. I’ll send u a copy on git. But making the buttons transparent. And putting led behind them. And stacking them all in a panel at the same zero point basically creates what your looking for.

Yea. That's indeed a creative solution :). Well found.

Return to “Controller Scripting”