SKnote release Disto-S - A Distressor, fast and effective.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cprompt wrote: the new SKNote site is live :D
Thanks for the heads up, Ive got $188 credit :party:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

cprompt wrote: the new SKNote site is live :D
If you can not login use the "Forgot Password" button.
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Ive got $188 credit :party:
I've got about $140 :D

Luckily, there's still a few plugins I don't have that I have my eye on.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Ive got $188 credit :party:
I've got about $140 :D

Luckily, there's still a few plugins I don't have that I have my eye on.
Im playing the long and see what new releases emerge

Credit?

New site?

What? Where? How? I don't see a new site?

Ahhh... a new web shop. got it.

haui wrote:Compyfox, in my humble opinion, you need to learn when to shut up.
Oh look at that, another "guard dog"...

A couple of links for you:
viewtopic.php?p=6903637#p6903637 (middle section, from the cpromt response)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=428002 (especially page 14 and up)
viewtopic.php?p=6999288#p6999288 (excellent summary by Burillo)

Quinto Sardo threw a temper tantrum because of alleged "trolls and blackmailers" (emphasis: blackmailers), made his 2014 threats finally a reality to "leave KVR, because it's not relevant anymore" (also, his grasp on censoring dwindled), packed his things and left for GearSlutz. Only to continue his shenanigans there.

Disto-R is still not released, btw.

And now he's coming out with a "loyalty credits" system that only "people in the know" know about (technically, I'm still a customer - as my login still works, yet I got no information whatsoever), also say "maybe it's a test phase" yet again (yeah, just like the user account was "a test phase" - warning: sarcasm).

If you've never requested any support from SKnote, or you're on "good terms" according to his personal "notes black list" - it's to no surprise that you only speak highly of the company. The reality for a lot of users... is a bit different however.

So please... instead of telling me to STFU after 2+ months when Mr Sardo's temper tantrum went down, read up on the history of the company first, look beyond the edge of the plate, then comment. But I know, YMMV does always apply - and some people just know it better.

:shrug:

haui wrote:Sometimes it's the best to just let it go :)
Darn it! Now that stupid song is stuck in my head again! :x
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

One question: I still own the old Disto_64 and always thought that I will find the new Disto-S in my User download area for free (as upgrade to the old one)? But unfortunately there is still the old one available...
Do I have to buy the new Disto-S for 49bucks again?? I hope not....
How do you get yours??

Torsten11 wrote:One question: I still own the old Disto_64 and always thought that I will find the new Disto-S in my User download area for free (as upgrade to the old one)? But unfortunately there is still the old one available...
Do I have to buy the new Disto-S for 49bucks again?? I hope not....
How do you get yours??
Nope.

Did you download it and load it up, is should be Disto S, it hasnt been renamed on the download page.

His new webshop leaves a lot to be desired. A full page image with a 'shop now' button in the middle - it's not 1998 anymore, we don't need welcome pages on websites. And when you click on the product there is no detailed information for it at all, and no audio demos. If you want information on the plugins you have to navigate to a different section on the website - and there aren't any links to it from the webshop...

I see posts from Quinto around October 2017 saying that the download will contain both versions, but as of yesterday, it still doesn't, just one DLL, no READ ME or anything.

My understanding is that the internal IDs of the plugins are different, so we're just supposed to rename one or both of the DLLs if we want to have both available. Is that right?

Were there ever any updates to the original Disto? If so, how do I know if I have the latest non-S version, and if not where do I get it?

Really unnecessary confusion. All that's needed is a simple clear explanation in the download, and/or in the web shop.

dwozzle wrote:I see posts from Quinto around October 2017 saying that the download will contain both versions, but as of yesterday, it still doesn't, just one DLL, no READ ME or anything.

My understanding is that the internal IDs of the plugins are different, so we're just supposed to rename one or both of the DLLs if we want to have both available. Is that right?

Were there ever any updates to the original Disto? If so, how do I know if I have the latest non-S version, and if not where do I get it?

Really unnecessary confusion. All that's needed is a simple clear explanation in the download, and/or in the web shop.
Silly Wabbit, you still think you can believe anything Quinto says?????

What I find most troubling is that V2's Clean! mode was touted as "the most faithful to the hardware units".... yet now all of a sudden it's "completely different".

Second thing, in the video comparison that was posted, literally every single move Q did was the complete opposite of what I thought it should have been. In the end Disto-s just sounded way louder and more compressed with the wrong settings. Was certainly a frustrating watch and didn't inspire confidence at all.

So guys ,

Is Disto-S any good or ....?

Oh in deed it is.

Return to “Effects”