Blue cat annouce Axiom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom

:) Right now it's still in restricted beta while we are working on writing some kind of a user manual!

BTW we have just posted more information about the current status of Axiom on our blog: what's up with Axiom, the new multi effect processor and amp sim for guitar and bass.

We are getting close!

Here is sneak preview of Axiom in action to help you wait until it's available, hopefully very soon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0011fLmNzM

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Here is sneak preview of Axiom in action to help you wait until it's available, hopefully very soon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0011fLmNzM
Does this mean that Axiom doesnt have its own IR system?

That would be disappointing :(

Actually, with Blue Cat's Destructor as an amp sim, you do not need it :-). But since Axiom is fully open, you can add any plug-in you want, include impulse loaders.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Actually, with Blue Cat's Destructor as an amp sim, you do not need it :-). But since Axiom is fully open, you can add any plug-in you want, include impulse loaders.
Still, for a guitar amp plugin, having to rely on a secondary cabinet sim is always a bit annoying.

I love destructor, but it's still often much better sounding with cabinet impulses in my experience.

It's indeed a matter of taste, especially when you are used to it. We may actually add our own IR loader in the future, but it's definitely not in the plans for the initial release.

Personally from my own experience, I find that Destructor's own post filter sounds better then using IR's, much more flexible, also in the video there I actually prefer the sound form Destructor's own modeling then the IR's example, but that's my 2 cents ;) but then the open architecture of AXIOM allows to use external IR if you need it, cheers
"Zen attitude est the best attitude"

My two cents --

I strongly prefer using my own loader -- 3Sigma's Impulsive -- because it has so many more other features than any internal loader is likely to have. Give it a try if you haven't already.

That said, I agree with hve that the filters in Destructor that emulate cabs are really excellent and highly tweakable as-is. Most importantly, for me, is that they do not kill tone.

I actually tend to stack a set of stereo IRs at the end of the chain, in the very last Master slot -- with the internal filters still on. I know that's wrong, but I like the result a lot.

@GreyLion: nothing can be "wrong", as long as it sounds good to you!

Give the peanut gallery absolute freedom,
and they want a more limited choice...
Limit their choices, and they want more freedom :ud:

The only way to defeat such a mindset
is by defeating the peanut plugin collection decisively :hyper:

(and ironically still allowing the best of the collection
to be used inside the soon arriving Starship Axiom.)
:party:

Yeah. This is KVR. We'll see a whole lot of 'Why didn't you also include', ranging from polite requests to tantrums.

Thing is, Axiom is designed precisely so the user can themselves include anything they want, almost anywhere in the signal chain.

It's a re-think of the whole ampsim paradigm, and long overdue, IMHO.

GreyLion wrote:Yeah. This is KVR. We'll see a whole lot of 'Why didn't you also include', ranging from polite requests to tantrums.

Thing is, Axiom is designed precisely so the user can themselves include anything they want, almost anywhere in the signal chain.

It's a re-think of the whole ampsim paradigm, and long overdue, IMHO.
I appreciate this sentiment, however my concern was that there wasn't an IR loader included in the effects.

I know you can use VSTs (I own a few blue cat products, big fan of late replies for this), but given how well Blue Cat's other plugins are made, I was looking forward to seeing their implementation of an IR loader.

Sure. I get that. I'd kinda like to see their take on that, too, and a couple of other guitaristic items, myself. But I can see why that would be for a later point release or v2, as the filters are pretty fine.

Frankly, I'm finding that I'm not using the built-in FX much, though they're perfectly good. (Except for Late Replies, which blows my mind.) I've spent too many years throwing money at collecting VSTs, many of which focus on exquisitely doing that one thing they do. If somebody doesn't have that sort of inventory on hand, they'll have a different attitude about it. And I'm still not yet through being delighted with Impulsive.

I agree with glokraw that if you try to be all things to all people, you'll fail. More immediately, if BCA is going to do an IR loader, I'd prefer to see it as a separate plug, just so it would be easier to use with other programs and instruments.

But this is all down to preference, and I respect your bringing it up, as cab IRs are very much on point when talking about guitar-related software.

Axiom will be what Amplitube should have been.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:It's indeed a matter of taste, especially when you are used to it. We may actually add our own IR loader in the future, but it's definitely not in the plans for the initial release.

Everything else is in Axiom, why not that?? It would only make sense.

Return to “Effects”