Cheapest OK sounding acoustic drum VSTi?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DSmolken wrote:
toonertik wrote:Another one worth looking at...
And small download size compared to some others.
https://www.volkoaudio.com/product/volko-alaturka-drum/
This is excellent, and IMO still the best free percussion out there (I'd put the DiPinga Latin stuff second). Probably not very useful for the OP's particular need of laying out tracks to be rerecorded with a drum kit, but awesome in its own right.
Yup... got all the DiPinga stuff as well...
we did talk about him making a unit, with me recording my 4 congas and some old log/wood drums... then the emails stopped, not sure what happened to him.

That's really too bad, that stuff is really good and I'd hope there would be lots more. I remember his plugins were open source, so if the code is still up then somebody could download it and pick up where he left off.

And, well, if that doesn't work out and you want to make a freebie, I'd be up for it - log/wood drums especially, I don't think much exists as far as those go. I can do sample editing, SFZ mappings and Sforzando GUI, at least, and maybe get the instruments into some other formats as well. Just because I've made a commercial drum library now doesn't mean I want to stop making free stuff. PM me if you want to make this happen.

DSmolken wrote:That's really too bad, that stuff is really good and I'd hope there would be lots more. I remember his plugins were open source, so if the code is still up then somebody could download it and pick up where he left off.

And, well, if that doesn't work out and you want to make a freebie, I'd be up for it - log/wood drums especially, I don't think much exists as far as those go. I can do sample editing, SFZ mappings and Sforzando GUI, at least, and maybe get the instruments into some other formats as well. Just because I've made a commercial drum library now doesn't mean I want to stop making free stuff. PM me if you want to make this happen.
I don't have the facilities (small studio) now... BUT >> let me see if I can get some good recordings of the wood drums... I know the congas don't sound so good in this room, too much reverberation!
Had the DePinga thing worked out, they would have been freebies, so I have no problem on that level.

Sample your kitchen utensils, saucepans, cooking pots, and glasses. They can make an excellent and very original drum set. And the cheapest ever.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

VPROM A Linn Drum machine ROMpler. Formerly known as VLinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36sEaauoV7U

Not a VST, but Drum Drops makes some excellent fully sampled drum kits that are available as raw wavs, Ableton drum racks or Kontact kits. Excellent, excellent quality.

shidostrife wrote:Both Druminator and Westwood Drums from Audio Assault are quite good. The list price is $50 each, but they do deep sales sometimes. Got Druminator for free and Westwood for $5.
You could get one of them for $5 now with the coupon code "welcome"

dangayle wrote:Not a VST, but Drum Drops makes some excellent fully sampled drum kits that are available as raw wavs, Ableton drum racks or Kontact kits. Excellent, excellent quality.
Yeah, great stuff, and the the smallest packs are very inexpensive. Even the full-blown Kontakt versions are a good price.

Return to “Instruments”