The official Hypernode for Kontakt thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hypernode

mgw38 wrote:Yes, nice stuff! Just a heads up. If you are like me and like to do a batch re-save after install to make sure that it is loading as efficiently as possible, Hypernode will take a really looooooooong time to batch re-save. ;)
If you have one, i also strongly suggest a SSD drive :) That helps speeding up things tremendously.

rigidaudio wrote:
mgw38 wrote:Yes, nice stuff! Just a heads up. If you are like me and like to do a batch re-save after install to make sure that it is loading as efficiently as possible, Hypernode will take a really looooooooong time to batch re-save. ;)
If you have one, i also strongly suggest a SSD drive :) That helps speeding up things tremendously.
Well, would have to be a 16TB SSD and I have a certain feeling that is a bit out of my price range. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Quick question since I'm planning on jumping on this: this works for Kontakt Player, right? The official website is a bit contradictory, since the Overview page says one thing, and the Pre-Order page something else.

Final answer could only be given by rigidaudio, but as far as I know it was planned as kontakt player release but that dont seem to work with NI cause of some problems with nks multi compatibility (and this instrument is 99 % multis), so for now it is only for kontakt full version. But if you rely on using the kontakt player better sent a support email directly to rigid audio I would think (or wait for answer in here, "official" release note was announced but still not here in the forum, so maybe there will be something official on this in it).

BeeDog wrote:Quick question since I'm planning on jumping on this: this works for Kontakt Player, right? The official website is a bit contradictory, since the Overview page says one thing, and the Pre-Order page something else.
That was the plan, but it didn't work out because of NI. They wanted to have NKS support, but that doesn't work for Kontakt Multis (NKM) files.

The official release is not for Free Kontakt player. The official release still need full retail version of Kontakt

phalgun_pandya wrote:The official release is not for Free Kontakt player. The official release still need full retail version of Kontakt
That is (unfortunately) correct.

Enjoying it so far. Doesn't synch properly and doesn't stop when hitting the spacebar which is pretty annoying.

Don't exspect updates soon with one man plugins like these......

kingryan wrote:Enjoying it so far. Doesn't synch properly and doesn't stop when hitting the spacebar which is pretty annoying.

Don't exspect updates soon with one man plugins like these......
Hi Kingryan,

Hypernode doesn't use syncing, the first received note on command will launch all sequencers, so if you e.g. sequence (record) and quantize it, it will be in perfect sync.

To stop it, (since it's a Kontakt instrument) you'll need to use the pattern change MIDI hot keys. (The yellow ones on the virtual keyboard). Sending a D-1 (Note number 14) will stop playback.

Already 19€ on VSTbuzz? I it was just released??!!

kingryan wrote:Already 19€ on VSTbuzz? I it was just released??!!
I wish I waited, hehe. Haven't had time to even try it once yet. Oh well, at least I supported a good idea.

I'm not sure that, even at only $23 USD (vstbuzz deal).. it's worth it to me.

I'm more interested in tweaking and using individual instances of the instruments.. in tracks triggered with my own pencil tooled (or recorded from a controller) data, into the piano roll in my DAW.

The percussion alone, would be incredibly useful.

But.. it looks like the instruments are only designed to be triggered from the included arranger? Which is weird.. but makes sense (I guess) considering the intended design of the instrument as a whole.

Just seems like a bit of a waste to lock all those instruments behind a mandatory, built-in sequencer. :?

progtronic wrote:
But.. it looks like the instruments are only designed to be triggered from the included arranger? Which is weird.. but makes sense (I guess) considering the intended design of the instrument as a whole.

Just seems like a bit of a waste to lock all those instruments behind a mandatory, built-in sequencer. :?
It doesn't make sense! When arranging it make sense, but It's a major design flaw when creating patterns etc. in conjunction with other instruments.

Also I think we should be compensated since the release has been recent.

Agreed, the syncing is flawed and not fit for purpose.

Sequencers start on the bar not a bar before. If hypernode has to wait for a bar or half to start there is either something wrong with kontakt or hypernode design is flawed.

topaz wrote:Agreed, the syncing is flawed and not fit for purpose.

Sequencers start on the bar not a bar before. If hypernode has to wait for a bar or half to start there is either something wrong with kontakt or hypernode design is flawed.
The design isn't flawed. Hypernode starts once you press any note within the accompaniment range.

Return to “Instruments”