Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Adsr are giving away Focal goodness, of course it's my lucky link so please everyone enter :D

https://www.adsrsounds.com/giveaways/wi ... cky=164055
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

mutantdog wrote:
mgw38 wrote:Hi Rational, please forgive me if I am crossing a line here but what happened to the red pill?
Without going all HPC in here, the whole red pill thing has gotten overrun by paranoia and conspiracy theories. The bitching on this forum about copy protection can be quite relaxing in comparison.

Unless George Soros buys iLok or Steinberg, that is. ;)
Butch Vig Vocals records everything and sends it to Mossad. I have definitive proof but I can't share it - this isn't a secure line.

:lol:

:) Heh. Yeah....

I was thinking the exact same thing after I made my posts last night. Was wondering if I'd get called on it.

All I can say is that old habits and GAS die hard. :(

I guess that having things on my want list for so many years, and when they finally pop up for close to a borderline compelling price I reengage the addiction. Then it instantly turns into hmm..... what else is on sale right now again. And bam. Instant amnesia.

The struggle is real.

Glad I'm not addicted to alcohol or drugs. This one is hard enough.

Point taken. Thanks 12 step brothers. lol. I'll go look elsewhere instead of checking in here regularly. Gotta kill this habit!

Rational wrote:
All I can say is that old habits and GAS die hard. :(

I guess that having things on my want list for so many years, and when they finally pop up for close to a borderline compelling price I reengage the addiction. Then it instantly turns into hmm..... what else is on sale right now again. And bam. Instant amnesia.

The struggle is real.

Glad I'm not addicted to alcohol or drugs. This one is hard enough.
Talking of which, been trying to cut back on GAS but then just noticed that Best Service have Gospel Musician's Neo Soul Keys Studio at half price. Been watching the demos on youtube with Jamal on keys and it sounds amazing but not sure if it's mostly his playing (which is quite likely) but given that I've already got Velvet, Addictive Keys Mk 1, the Scarbee Electric Pianos and Lounge Lizard lite, is this really going to give me anything I don't already have.

Rational wrote:I guess that having things on my want list for so many years, and when they finally pop up for close to a borderline compelling price I reengage the addiction. Then it instantly turns into hmm..... what else is on sale right now again. And bam. Instant amnesia.
This couldn't be more true :hihi:

Rational wrote:I guess that having things on my want list for so many years, and when they finally pop up for close to a borderline compelling price I reengage the addiction. Then it instantly turns into hmm..... what else is on sale right now again. And bam. Instant amnesia.
There is a very fine line between engaging in bargain hunting as a - maybe even obsessive - hobby or as a behavioral addiction. Identifying that line for yourself and acting on it is something that needs to be commended because that is actually really difficult to do. :tu:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
There is a very fine line between engaging in bargain hunting as a - maybe even obsessive - hobby or as a behavioral addiction. Identifying that line for yourself and acting on it is something that needs to be commended because that is actually really difficult to do. :tu:
This is so true. I have no use for the Kiloharts bundle, but I still have to keep talking myself out of buying it. GAS is difficult to overcome. :? :help:

:) Yep. Thanks guys. It's all true.

We don't 'need' this stuff. What we, "I" need is to stop looking and start using everything I already have more. A lot more. Using it a lot more will fulfill the desire. Going to try that. I'll report back.

3 hours and 45 minutes for me to NOT buy the Kilo hearts bundle. Come on willpower!

Futile.

Haha.

It'll be on sale during Black Friday for $153 at JRRshop for all that plus 5 other plugins. Better value to wait. Think of it like that.

I held off on Diversion a few weeks ago. I... Can... Do... This!

That kind of helps Rational!

Of course, if the next deal is Thorn, I'm screwed!

dandezebra wrote:Of course, if the next deal is Thorn, I'm screwed!

Thorn is awesome. I never regretted getting that one. I do however have some regrets of purchases I should of resisted.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Oh my goodness, yes. I fully agree. Mostly NFR libraries that I thought I needed.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”