Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
jordonpmusic
KVRer

29 posts since 18 Jan, 2018

Postby jordonpmusic; Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:22 pm Re: How to make your mix extra punchy and present while preserving definition and dynamic range.

If this is a joke I don't get it.
My latest release 'News to Me' features at #4 on Traxsource Essential Garage charts: https://www.traxsource.com/title/924594/january-29th
Rameses
KVRist

116 posts since 9 Mar, 2018, from Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Postby Rameses; Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:40 pm Re: How to make your mix extra punchy and present while preserving definition and dynamic range.

jordonpmusic wrote:If this is a joke I don't get it.

Although it isn't 100% designed as one it can be perceived as one.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ
Aro
KVRer

20 posts since 15 Mar, 2018, from Canada

Postby Aro; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:14 pm Re: How to make your mix extra punchy and present while preserving definition and dynamic range.

:-) That was enjoyable.
vurt
addled muppet weed

35019 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:09 pm Re: How to make your mix extra punchy and present while preserving definition and dynamic range.

Rameses wrote:
jordonpmusic wrote:If this is a joke I don't get it.

Although it isn't 100% designed as one it can be perceived as one.

how zen.
lwj
KVRer

29 posts since 3 Feb, 2018

Postby lwj; Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 am Re: How to make your mix extra punchy and present while preserving definition and dynamic range.

Seriously, a lot of your suggestions don't make a lot of sense.
The other ones seem overly complicated, a poor substitute for proper sound design and a way to get a really lifeless overprocessed sound. The opposite of a mix with definition and dynamic range, then.

My workflow is the complete opposite. I keep things as streamlined as possible and only use one or two well-judged effects on a sound, if any.. definitely no weird shit with harmonizers and multiband compressors. I love broad stroke equalizers and then glueing things together with slow compression and some saturators on sends. Saturation is really key if you're working in the box, picking the right type is 50% of it. Well-saturated sounds just sit together much better before you even start with compressors.
Reverb and delays I also keep as sendFX or sidechain them so once I have my sound dialled in, I just have two sliders (dry and wet) to worry about and don't have to go back into the plugin chain.

Your music sounds pretty cool actually. It's different. I like Triptych, reminds me of DJ Krush a bit.
But as I suspected the mixes sound very flat and lifeless to me.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Production Techniques