Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
dandezebra
KVRian

630 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:28 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Oh my goodness, yes. I fully agree. Mostly NFR libraries that I thought I needed.
Fleer
KVRAF

3767 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Rational wrote:Haha.

It'll be on sale during Black Friday for $153 at JRRshop for all that plus 5 other plugins. Better value to wait. Think of it like that.

That’s more than $10 each, if ever.
Better get the present deal at 28 plugins for $99.
dandezebra
KVRian

630 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:32 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Aren't the other plugs more expensive?
mutantdog
KVRAF

1609 posts since 21 Sep, 2007, from The Infinite Void

Postby mutantdog; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:35 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I've managed to resist Kilohearts too. I reckon i can hang on until the end of year sales then reconsider, I'd deffo grab Thorn next time it goes on sale though.

For now I've still got to deal with this half-price AudioThing voucher that keeps nagging at me.
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:39 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

dandezebra wrote:Aren't the other plugs more expensive?

I got the EQ bundle separately, as well as the synth (One) for $19, including the Reason version.
Rational
KVRist

464 posts since 30 Oct, 2009

Postby Rational; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

If ever? Maybe... But I asked KH via email and they said:

"Hi Rational,

I just looked it up, and if you get the kHs Toolbox and Multipass and nothing else, the upgrade cost to get The Works is $180 at the moment. That includes Carve EQ, Slice EQ, Disperser, Faturator, and kHs ONE, at a retail value of $375 if bought individually.

I understand that this is more then you hoped for, but as you point out we regularly offer discounts, and if they apply to a bundle they also apply to upgrades on that bundle.

Cheers / Per @ Kilohearts"

Emphasis mine.

R
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Yeah, but you never know if they’ll offer the entire Works again for $153.
Since I don’t need/like Faturator as there’s already lots of distortion included in the Toolbox, the present deal was the better one for me.
Anyway, almost gone.
Last edited by Fleer on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rational
KVRist

Postby Rational; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Fleer, how much was your EQ bundle?

KHS one for $19 is not bad. I'd take that. It's a phat sounding little synth surprisingly for an upstart.

Do you have Disperser and Faturator? I'm thinking all 5 of those would push it over the $53 difference.
shonky
KVRian

678 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby shonky; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mutantdog wrote:I've managed to resist Kilohearts too. I reckon i can hang on until the end of year sales then reconsider, I'd deffo grab Thorn next time it goes on sale though.

For now I've still got to deal with this half-price AudioThing voucher that keeps nagging at me.

Have the same dilemna: do I save £25 by using the voucher or do I save £25 by not using it?

Think most of their stuff comes in three categories:
1/ Stuff I already bought/got as freebies
2/ Stuff for functions I already have covered
3/ Stuff that looks like it does something different to what I already have but don't really have much use for what it does

So that's me £25 better off :D
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:49 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I have Disperser, but wasn’t necessary. Don’t care for Faturator, as explained. And I’m sure the EQ bundle will pop up again at a low price. Got them myself by exchanging doubles. Meanwhile, the Toolbox already includes a new EQ.
Last edited by Fleer on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgw38
KVRian

1007 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:50 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Fleer wrote:Yeah, but you never know if they’ll offer the entire Works again for $153.
Since I don’t need/like Faturator, the present deal was the better one for me.
Anyway, almost gone.

I never liked Faturator until I needed it. :) It really helped me on my most recent track.
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:52 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Did you try the distortion plugin in Toolbox?
Rational
KVRist

Postby Rational; Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:53 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Thanks. Yeah, I don't care for Faturator either. It sounds awful to my ear. At least the demo or two I looked at on YT.

I really like their modularity matrix layout (Multipass) as it's VERY efficient for daily usage/sound design and their trance gate. That gate sounds awesome.

No. Haven't demo'd their stuff yet myself.
Rational
KVRist

Postby Rational; Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:02 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

And don't forget, these are still on sale right now: :)

https://sites.fastspring.com/harrisonco ... ct/mixbus4

https://hgsounds.com/product/augment-for-kontakt-5-7/

viewtopic.php?p=7019780

Sorry, I'm feeding the addiction, I know.
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:06 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Push it in :tu:
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)