Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rational wrote:Haha.

It'll be on sale during Black Friday for $153 at JRRshop for all that plus 5 other plugins. Better value to wait. Think of it like that.
That’s more than $10 each, if ever.
Better get the present deal at 28 plugins for $99.

Aren't the other plugs more expensive?

I've managed to resist Kilohearts too. I reckon i can hang on until the end of year sales then reconsider, I'd deffo grab Thorn next time it goes on sale though.

For now I've still got to deal with this half-price AudioThing voucher that keeps nagging at me.

dandezebra wrote:Aren't the other plugs more expensive?
I got the EQ bundle separately, as well as the synth (One) for $19, including the Reason version.

If ever? Maybe... But I asked KH via email and they said:

"Hi Rational,

I just looked it up, and if you get the kHs Toolbox and Multipass and nothing else, the upgrade cost to get The Works is $180 at the moment. That includes Carve EQ, Slice EQ, Disperser, Faturator, and kHs ONE, at a retail value of $375 if bought individually.

I understand that this is more then you hoped for, but as you point out we regularly offer discounts, and if they apply to a bundle they also apply to upgrades on that bundle.

Cheers / Per @ Kilohearts"

Emphasis mine.

R

Yeah, but you never know if they’ll offer the entire Works again for $153.
Since I don’t need/like Faturator as there’s already lots of distortion included in the Toolbox, the present deal was the better one for me.
Anyway, almost gone.
Last edited by Fleer on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleer, how much was your EQ bundle?

KHS one for $19 is not bad. I'd take that. It's a phat sounding little synth surprisingly for an upstart.

Do you have Disperser and Faturator? I'm thinking all 5 of those would push it over the $53 difference.

mutantdog wrote:I've managed to resist Kilohearts too. I reckon i can hang on until the end of year sales then reconsider, I'd deffo grab Thorn next time it goes on sale though.

For now I've still got to deal with this half-price AudioThing voucher that keeps nagging at me.
Have the same dilemna: do I save £25 by using the voucher or do I save £25 by not using it?

Think most of their stuff comes in three categories:
1/ Stuff I already bought/got as freebies
2/ Stuff for functions I already have covered
3/ Stuff that looks like it does something different to what I already have but don't really have much use for what it does

So that's me £25 better off :D

I have Disperser, but wasn’t necessary. Don’t care for Faturator, as explained. And I’m sure the EQ bundle will pop up again at a low price. Got them myself by exchanging doubles. Meanwhile, the Toolbox already includes a new EQ.
Last edited by Fleer on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleer wrote:Yeah, but you never know if they’ll offer the entire Works again for $153.
Since I don’t need/like Faturator, the present deal was the better one for me.
Anyway, almost gone.
I never liked Faturator until I needed it. :) It really helped me on my most recent track.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Did you try the distortion plugin in Toolbox?

Thanks. Yeah, I don't care for Faturator either. It sounds awful to my ear. At least the demo or two I looked at on YT.

I really like their modularity matrix layout (Multipass) as it's VERY efficient for daily usage/sound design and their trance gate. That gate sounds awesome.

No. Haven't demo'd their stuff yet myself.

And don't forget, these are still on sale right now: :)

https://sites.fastspring.com/harrisonco ... ct/mixbus4

https://hgsounds.com/product/augment-for-kontakt-5-7/

viewtopic.php?p=7019780

Sorry, I'm feeding the addiction, I know.

Push it in :tu:

Fleer wrote:Did you try the distortion plugin in Toolbox?
Yes, but I had a bass line that benefited immensly from something more radical.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”