[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

id4kvr wrote:Looking forward to Version 4 at next month Musikmesse~~~
Don't get too excited, chances are its not gonna happen.

Riansky wrote:
Do you have the internal info from Presonus? Riansky... Anyway, I am optimistic about a new major version of Studio One at least 3.6, cause there is almost a year without any substantial functional update since 3.5 release, and as anybody knows Studio One dev team has worked with ARA2 integration for a while... Musikmesse is a perfect occasion for DAW to get a big update if it missed the NAMM.

id4kvr wrote:
Riansky wrote:
Do you have the internal info from Presonus? Riansky... Anyway, I am optimistic about a new major version of Studio One at least 3.6, cause there is almost a year without any substantial functional update since 3.5 release, and as anybody knows Studio One dev team has worked with ARA2 integration for a while... Musikmesse is a perfect occasion for DAW to get a big update if it missed the NAMM.
In my opinion Presonus does not want to give the ARA2 lead to Reaper so likely a Studio One version 3.6 or 4.0 which includes ARA2 at Musikmesse. A few have mentioned that Reaper 6 with ARA2 will debut at Musikmesse. BTW a S1 4 is possible in the Musikmesse 2018.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
id4kvr wrote:
Riansky wrote:
In my opinion Presonus does not want to give the ARA2 lead to Reaper so likely a Studio One version 3.6 or 4.0 which includes ARA2 at Musikmesse. A few have mentioned that Reaper 6 with ARA2 will debut at Musikmesse. BTW a S1 4 is possible in the Musikmesse 2018.
Presonus are ahead. With the recent purchase of the faderport 16 and their interfaces that integrated with Studio One Reaper is no competition, and on top of that it has better stock plugins. You get Movement for free with the Plug in suite. If you don't have the computer then Reaper is easier on cpu resources. Justin is going to sell Reaper one day I think.

beatmangler443 wrote:Reaper is no competition
Depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it.
beatmangler443 wrote:If you don't have the computer then Reaper is easier on cpu resources.
If something (anything) is easier on CPU resources, it doesn't depend on having the computer or not. If you have the computer, it's still easier on CPU resources.
beatmangler443 wrote:Justin is going to sell Reaper one day I think.
:lol:

I find that very unlikely. Also, you say it like it would imply something negative? At least that's the vibe I get from the tone. There isn't anything inherently bad in a sold DAW or a sold software project in general. Studio One already is a sold software project.
Last edited by Guenon on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh noes, did this just become a Reaper thread again?

chk071 wrote:Oh noes, did this just become a Reaper thread again?
Exactly, I hope not? It's supposed to be a Studio One thread.

id4kvr wrote:
Riansky wrote:
I don't and so don't you. I just said don't get too excited because you never know. Anyway, I'd be happy to see some kind of update indeed. 4 would be perfect but 3.6 would be good as well.

Guenon wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Reaper is no competition
Depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it.
beatmangler443 wrote:If you don't have the computer then Reaper is easier on cpu resources.
If something (anything) is easier on CPU resources, it doesn't depend on having the computer or not. If you have the computer, it's still easier on CPU resources.
beatmangler443 wrote:Justin is going to sell Reaper one day I think.
:lol:

I find that very unlikely. Also, you say it like it would imply something negative? At least that's the vibe I get from the tone. There isn't anything inherently bad in a sold DAW or a sold software project in general. Studio One already is a sold software project.
Justin is going to sell Reaper down the line. It was rumors about it years ago. Anyone Studio One is better end of discussion.

beatmangler443 wrote:Studio One is better end of discussion.
It would probably be safer to list specifics. That general statement is bound to begin a useless Studio One vs. Reaper discussion. They are different, and I use both. So depending on your needs, YMMV. :D

Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Studio One is better end of discussion.
It would probably be safer to list specifics. That general statement is bound to begin a useless Studio One vs. Reaper discussion. They are different, and I use both. So depending on your needs, YMMV. :D

If your posting in a thread about studio one and you use it over reaper you should know the answer.

I predict a PreSonus collaboration with Nektar to insure deep integration with the Panorama series (P1 especially).

:hyper:

beatmangler443 wrote:Justin is going to sell Reaper down the line. It was rumors about it years ago.
Again, I find that very unlikely. Also, if that sort of hypothetical transaction does take place at some point in time, I don't see how such an event regarding a completely different DAW is relevant here? Studio One is the topic (and that's software IP that was also sold, to the funding partner Presonus, the project becoming Presonus Software after the merge.)
beatmangler443 wrote:Anyone Studio One is better end of discussion. [sic]
Let me describe the format of that statement in a more general manner: [insert any tool here] is better [regardless of what individual needs there might be, varying from person to person, and what sort of background/expertise each such person might have, leading to informed requirements and appreciation of different functionalities and qualities], end of discussion. As such, just numbingly low-quality discussion. For one, I'd very much like to see more thoughts and predictions on Studio One 4 here, thanks :D

Improved Step-time Recording is what I'd really like to see...particularly being able to set rest periods between notes without having to do this all manually by hand... That alone would be enough to curtail the need of a dedicated drum editor for programming as well, with that basic sound tracker like feature.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

My prediction: We won't see Studio One 4 on Musikmesse 2018. :P

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”