Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

I'm wondering if those who follow GForce can tell me if the do sales regularly or at a specific time of year? Played with Oddity2 on a friends laptop last night and really fell in love with it, but cannot afford what will end up being $230CAD. I saw here that they did offer it for 50% off at one point.

Cheers,
James

Not very often,very random times,no black friday sales

how is this compared to korg odyssey
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Doesn't sound anything like it, and its GUI is too tiny and almost unreadable, even when enlarged on a 27" iMac. I sold mine a while ago.

Examigan wrote:
nicksohn wrote:
egbert101 wrote: For fat silky pad sounds, there are plenty of Minimoog emulations, like u-he Diva, Arturia Mini, The Legend, or even GForce's MiniMonsta. Sadly, NI Monark is monophonic.
I already got The Legend 2 days ago.. :hyper:
Not a Mini emu, but Repro-5 sounds really good. 8)
That sounds strange to me, I would never resort to a Minimoog emulation for fat silky pads, frankly. It is the last thing I associate Minimoog with.
Makes me wonder - again - what people mean by fat or silky pad...

Ed A. wrote:Doesn't sound anything like it, and its GUI is too tiny and almost unreadable, even when enlarged on a 27" iMac. I sold mine a while ago.
The GUI may be too small but the idea it sounds nothing like an Ody? No.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Ed A. wrote:Doesn't sound anything like it, and its GUI is too tiny and almost unreadable, even when enlarged on a 27" iMac. I sold mine a while ago.
The GUI may be too small but the idea it sounds nothing like an Ody? No.
Yeah oddity is still pretty damn close. The korg has a slight edge I think however the oddity is more versatile with its extra features. I do prefer the korg GUI though. It’s strange the Gforce made the imposcar with a larger size but not the oddity.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It’s strange the Gforce made the imposcar with a larger size but not the oddity.

Imposcar was made by third parties... that's why it is almost never updated. In fact, I believe... and I could be mistaken... but rumor was that one of the guys that helped make Imposcar now works for U-he. I remember when imposcar was released... and all the anticipation for imposcar 2... imposcar 2 took FOREEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR..... Imposcar1 was a true classic... one of the very first classics of software, and it was the first time analog guys played a software instrument and went... yeah... I can play that. Gforce makes some of the best player softsynths on the planet.... but they are rarely... if ever updated. You get what you get when you buy in... don't expect updates. It happens on a rare full blue blood moon eclipse.

Yeah I remember that wait. Took like 2 years. I think all their synths were contracted to different developers.

Dasheesh wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:It’s strange the Gforce made the imposcar with a larger size but not the oddity.

Imposcar was made by third parties... that's why it is almost never updated.
So why's Oddity 2 never updated?

Dasheesh wrote:Imposcar1 was a true classic... one of the very first classics of software, and it was the first time analog guys played a software instrument and went... yeah... I can play that. Gforce makes some of the best player softsynths on the planet.... but they are rarely... if ever updated. You get what you get when you buy in... don't expect updates. It happens on a rare full blue blood moon eclipse.
+1 The OG ImpOSCar version 1 still sounds amazing today, so fat and chunky. I finally started getting into programming it lately, and am in "analog" heaven. Barely even moves the CPU meter.
A well-behaved signature.

Regarding the ImpOSCar (which I really like) - what can I replace it with for nice long pads? How about Zebra? Which filters would replicate ImpOSCar filters?

AdamWysokinski wrote:Regarding the ImpOSCar (which I really like) - what can I replace it with for nice long pads? How about Zebra? Which filters would replicate ImpOSCar filters?
why do you want to replace it? opx pro ii, diva maybe. or on the digital side, ppg wave could be comparable. Has the brightness like imposcars digital oscillator and a nice analog filter.

Because it's quite expensive (I'm still demoing it) and I found I use it almost exclusively for long, bright, coldish pads. ImpOSCar interface is not very user friendly, but the plugin quite unique in the way it sounds. So, if I don't find any good replacement in synths that I already have - I'll have to buy it.

I find its filters most interesting and this is the element I try to replace..

AdamWysokinski wrote:Because it's quite expensive (I'm still demoing it) and I found I use it almost exclusively for long, bright, coldish pads. ImpOSCar interface is not very user friendly, but the plugin quite unique in the way it sounds. So, if I don't find any good replacement in synths that I already have - I'll have to buy it.

I find its filters most interesting and this is the element I try to replace..
If it's about cost, you won't find anything too similar, however I'd recommend picking up the Computer Music issue with Bazille CM. I think ti's $5 or something. BazilleCM is awesome, and some similarities to imposcar -
and also has 2 digital oscs into analog sounding filter sound. Very good at similar types of sounds and also has the duophonic mode, poly aftertouch, can do ring mod and all kinds of fm. it's amazing for a few bucks.

Return to “Instruments”