Korg nanokey midi controller issue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have 2 windows computers, one connects to my midi controller fine, recognizes it in ableton and works fine,

the other computer does not recognize the device in ableton via usb, nor when i try to hook it up via Bluetooth.

any suggestions how i could troubleshoot to get it working? i know the midi controller is not broken, it some kind of setting on this one computer. Also on the computer that does not accept the nanoKEY, other controllers, keyboards, usb devices work fine. ive tested with 3 different cables, same results.

the weird thing is, in the device manager it is recognized, when i unplug it, it disappears. So the computer is recognizing it but all of my DAWS do not recognize the hardware.
WORKING: windows 7, works both usb 2,3
NOT WORKING: windows 10, does not work any usb 2,3.

any suggestions? things to troubleshoot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have you checked for driver updates?
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote:Have you checked for driver updates?
yes, i installed the latest
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download ... /551/3541/

Maybe you should uninstall the drivers, because the korg does not need drivers, its class compliant... Older Windows version didn't know about the existance of class compliant devices...

Tj Shredder wrote:Maybe you should uninstall the drivers, because the korg does not need drivers, its class compliant... Older Windows version didn't know about the existance of class compliant devices...
there is no option to uninstall drivers, just update or disable device. all of which i have done. What your saying is what i thought, most of these controllers are a plug and play, i haven't had to mess with drivers in years.

i tried to use the controller without installing drivers, then i tried to install that korg midi driver update, and it really didnt do anything, ive removed it, repaired, modified, manually installed it, used rollback drivers. everything. same message, asks for further driver installation.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:I see Bome's Midi Translator there. Is it in some way configured to use the nanoKEY?

AFAIK, in Windows, any MIDI device can only be used by one program at a time, so if the nanoKEY was used somehow by the Midi Translator, it wouldn't show up in other applications.
yes, i thought of that as well. but bome would have to recognize it as well, does not show up in options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i recently tried to test it on my friends computer who also is using windows 10, he as well could not get it to work, we tried the new drivers and really everything. It has something to do with the OS i think.I am out of ideas. :cry:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:Another thing to try would be to check for the infamous 10 MIDI devices limit. It isn't supposed to be present in Windows 10, but googling the problem suggests that KORG is using an old API that still has the problem, and KORG devices won't work if there are more than 10 (or maybe they only have to be among the first 10, not sure).

See https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/a ... DI-device-.

thanks for that man, i got it working!

what i did was delete the entry for the nanokey driver, and i guess it allowed the internal driver to work. oddly enough this got it working ok. weird. newer isnt always better.

cheers

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”