Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You devil you.

Fleer wrote:You devil you.
Yup, I faturated the hell out of that thing. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

In case anyone (in the U.S.) is looking to pick up a pair of Yamah HS series monitors, I posted some details about a sale + rebate stacking offer via Guitar Center in the Bargain No Chat thread.

Long story short: BOGO 1/2 off sale at Guitar Center, plus a mail-in rebate from Yamaha means you can grab a pair of HS8 monitors for $435 (minus sales tax). That's equivalent or better than what you'd pay for a used pair on Reverb or eBay.

I had been running the HS50m's for quite a while, and upgraded to the HS7's. Definitely enjoying the extra low frequency extension. According to the specs, they go about 12 hz lower than my previous little guys. :tu: The tweeters on this newer version are just a little bit brighter, but definitely not harsh at all. The HS8's were too enormous for my small desk. :lol:
Last edited by Tappistry on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats on the choice of the H7s. Much smarter and better sounding in the midrange than the 8s.

Too bad this is in store only or I'd be inclined to get another set of monitors. :)

mgw38 wrote:
Fleer wrote:You devil you.
Yup, I faturated the hell out of that thing. :lol:
It’s gas, I tell you ;)

Oh, too bad, I missed the KiloHarts deal. :cry: :tu:

I really liked the idea of the Multipass with the effects, but they all just seemed to make a lot of noise. AKA distortion. Other than on a guitar? I just don't use distortion. It gives me a headache. And it will probably be in the store if I change my mind...

And now they have another distortion thing. Though the reverse is kind of cool...

As Rational says, I really need to start playing with what I have.

And keep an eye out for more pianos. And maybe a cowbell or two.... :hyper: :dog:

I have no idea what the heck I would use the new Audio Deals Kontakt library for but I do like Yeti's and loud noises...

zadillo wrote:I think my big question is what the upgrade price would be after buying the Output bundle for $299 from NI. Basically, would upgrading from it to the complete bundle be less than $450? If so, it makes sense to buy the NI sale bundle first.
Had a reply from Output, to upgrade from the NI Bundle only, is $449.

kwilson wrote:Albion Tundra at Spitfire Audio half price (£199) for one day.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/apex/
It is only $199 if you are in the US. And don't want a hard drive.

kwilson wrote:
zadillo wrote:I think my big question is what the upgrade price would be after buying the Output bundle for $299 from NI. Basically, would upgrading from it to the complete bundle be less than $450? If so, it makes sense to buy the NI sale bundle first.
Had a reply from Output, to upgrade from the NI Bundle only, is $449.
Part of me really wants to grab this. But I'm not sure I would ever use even half of it.

dzilizzi wrote:

That is an outstanding value for an outstanding library. Too good to pass up.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

That is an outstanding value for an outstanding library. Too good to pass up.
Except for that I just got my arse kicked by the Sonokinetic Bundle a couple weeks ago...I soooo want Tundra though!

dandezebra wrote:I have no idea what the heck I would use the new Audio Deals Kontakt library for but I do like Yeti's and loud noises...
Mighty sweet indeed: http://soundbytesmag.net/points-of-kont ... ound-yeti/

Yes. More cowbell plugins. There's a severe dearth of those still. More cowbell please.

Rational wrote:Yes. More cowbell plugins. There's a severe dearth of those still. More cowbell please.
And maybe phased or distoted cowbells? With blackhole type reverb. And a slight hint of tambourine. :o :dog: :wheee: :wheee:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”