Best budget master compressor?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Kotelnikov

Hi kvr music enthusiasts i've got something in my mind spinning last few days and can't resist to ask -
do you have favorite vst master compressor - can you recommend something not very expensive like DC8C or free which makes you final mix better?
Till recently my master chain was basic just for demos - maximazer+limiter ,but now i start releasing my own compositions and need some better tools and one is good compressor.Any suggestions?

TDR Kotelnikov
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:TDR Kotelnikov
This. And if you can afford - GE version is sublime..

TB bus compressor, Klanghelm comps, JS stuff in Reaper.

Melda Mcompressor with a custom shape compression curve with little tweaking in attack and RMS does the job and a msaturator to insert some character is one way of me mastering my track .for multiband compression in either use reaxcomp or mmiltiband dynamic(it pretty expensive though)
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Zexila wrote:TDR Kotelnikov

Probably the best at any price.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Can somebody teach me how to use Kotelnikov effectively? I've watched the tutorial video, but the plugin seems too smart for me. :P

Works on many songs:
Variety of Sound - Density MkIII (32 bit only)
Choose preset "big picture"
And its free :)

I am last person who have to teach another how to mix or master cuz my mixes still sucks ,but from what i know and try with compressors if need fat sound try attack 50-55ms,threshold -12-14 db,ratio 2,gain by hear and release 400-450 ...of coursce depends of the track not sure it's applicable every time on every mix but help me for fast master of audio demos...
Melda vs Kotelnikov please express opinion :)

Check out Waves. Best vst's around and always got crazy $29 deals on the go. Just saying...
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote:Check out Waves. Best vst's around and always got crazy $29 deals on the go. Just saying...
Which Waves compressor plugin precisely?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
ramseysounds wrote:Check out Waves. Best vst's around and always got crazy $29 deals on the go. Just saying...
Most of them I find are good. Different ones for different applications.
CLA3A for bass and kick, CLA2A for vocals, H-Comp for most things, DBX160 for vocals, C4 and C6 for 'mastering', CLA76 for vocals and drums, RVox for vocals, RBass for bass etc.
Depends on what you want to compress. Personally, I love 'em.

ramseysounds wrote:
Zexila wrote:
Most of them I find are good. Different ones for different applications.
CLA3A for bass and kick, CLA2A for vocals, H-Comp for most things, DBX160 for vocals, C4 and C6 for 'mastering', CLA76 for vocals and drums, RVox for vocals, RBass for bass etc.
Depends on what you want to compress. Personally, I love 'em.
We are in budget master compressor thread, can you suggest one for that application?

Zexila wrote:We are in budget master compressor thread, can you suggest one for that application?
I suggested 2

ramseysounds wrote:
Zexila wrote:We are in budget master compressor thread, can you suggest one for that application?
I suggested 2
Both on sale for 29 bucks right now. :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”