Air Hybrid 3 Praise

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:I remember i had a big issue with it, where the sound stopped, when you tweaked a parameter. The unison? I can't remember. Made me stop using it immediately.
I haven't noticed that, yet.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Wow, are they buying up brands? I wonder where all the money comes from, smells fishy to me 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbB3iGRHtqA

All of their products rock. There are some problems as usual with plugins, but I always use it in something. I just found out it did the midi import. Very programmable, and sounds just as good as any other top synth.

Please, for the love of all that is fishy, update the GUIs (been working on for 2+ years)!

I've mentioned it on the Air thread, but if they did a GUI fix for even one synth, it would mean a lot!

Sounds a bit thin. But a nice synth for 1€.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Sounds a bit thin..
You really should try something besides the "Default" preset. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

dandezebra wrote:Please, for the love of all that is fishy, update the GUIs (been working on for 2+ years)!

I've mentioned it on the Air thread, but if they did a GUI fix for even one synth, it would mean a lot!
If I recall correctly, they promised a bigger GUI for Loom II but it never showed up. Instead we had couple of more polyphony :roll:

A company with very interesting politics but it's still a fact that that 1€ is probably the best 1€ I've ever used :lol:

i really like all my air synths....if i can get them to load without insta crashing my daw....which isnt very often im afraid. :cry:
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:i really like all my air synths....if i can get them to load without insta crashing my daw....which isnt very often im afraid. :cry:
Seems to be a DAW thing as none of my three Air plugins has so far caused any crashes in either Mulab or Mixcraft.
Or it has to do with iLok. Do you have any iLok plugins that don't crash your DAW?

i enjoy the air music collection and don't have any issues with them but i am reluctant to give them money again after seeing how long other people have suffered with issues and they do nothing

If you have a few AIR plugins you should look into the Akai VIP 3 software. It is available without a keyboard purchase, and has plugin maps for all of the AIR plugins and their presets. Runs as a standalone app or as a plugin in a DAW host.

Once you have imported the plugin maps, all of the presets from all of the AIR plugins you have will appear in a single modern preset browser, with tagging and search built in. There are plugin maps available for selected 3rd party plugins as well. But for the AIR stuff is all built in.

For example I find it a lot easier to browse the preset content in Hybrid using VIP, compared to that tiny little menu in Hybrid. In fact all of the AIR plugins seem a bit more usable this way.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I read your post and remembered I got VIP free quite some time ago so I fired it up to be greeted by this:
VIP 032218.png
I think we have a different definition of "Update"...... :lol:

I cringe every time I have to open the iLok license manager......... :scared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have not opened the iLok manager since I installed it half a year ago. It is probably outdated, but who cares, it is irrelevant for the plugins.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I have not opened the iLok manager since I installed it half a year ago. It is probably outdated, but who cares, it is irrelevant for the plugins.
Well you have to open it if you want to add new plugins like for example the free Soundtoys and Eventide plugins I have on this system.

I made the mistake of "updating" the iLok Manager once since it told me an update was available and it disabled all of my Air plugins. After much faffle I ended up installing an older version of the Manager and got my Air Plugins back. That's why I hate the thought of even opening the Manager but I'll try on this system. On my studio computer I may just delete the older VIP plugin or at least never open it again since I don't want to be nagged every time. I'd rather lose VIP than the Air plugins I use.

The strange thing is I just checked and my version of VIP is already in the iLok manager so I don't know why the pop up says it "now requires iLok"........ :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well that was a whole lot of unnecessary drama. I just downloaded and ran the update and every thing went perfectly. This isn't the first time I have updated an iLok based plugin that went so smoothly I momentarily found myself liking the iLok Manager.

So the pop up that I just got was completely misleading. Why would it say "now requires iLok" when it was already iLok protected and tell me to "get my authorization code" when I already had one...... :dog:

Return to “Instruments”