The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote:As a child, I really thought old people with time became wise, mellow with wisdom and patience.

But nope, quite the opposite. The more I get older the more I realize old people are mostly a bunch of grumpy, grouchy and cranky winners.

And wagtunes pretty much admitted that.
I’d like to think that a majority of people as they grow older do gain more wisdom and patience, but all of us have character flaws....some worse than others. If Wags truly wants to change, it’s certainly not too late though. Being a grumpy old man who has a “get off my lawn” attitude and has absolutely no patience for his fellow human is no way to live IMO...and it’s absolutely destructive to spiritual growth and enlightenment. Personally, I wish him well and hope he has the strength and fortitude to change. :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Image
she was the real "peoples princess" :(

quantum7 wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:As a child, I really thought old people with time became wise, mellow with wisdom and patience.

But nope, quite the opposite. The more I get older the more I realize old people are mostly a bunch of grumpy, grouchy and cranky winners.

And wagtunes pretty much admitted that.
I’d like to think that a majority of people as they grow older do gain more wisdom and patience, but all of us have character flaws....some worse than others. If Wags truly wants to change, it’s certainly not too late though. Being a grumpy old man who has a “get off my lawn” attitude and has absolutely no patience for his fellow human is no way to live IMO...and it’s absolutely destructive to spiritual growth and enlightenment. Personally, I wish him well and hope he has the strength and fortitude to change. :tu:
The thing is, with the people at my church, I'm fine. In fact, everybody loves me. The minister has me cover for him when he goes out of town.

It's musicians I can't stand. Their egos are as big as a mountain. I have no tolerance for that crap.

And if you think I'm wrong, look at all the egos in this place. There will never be a shortage of testosterone at KVR and I just don't need it.

The me you see here is nothing close to the me in the outside world with normal people who don't think that they walk on water.

The ego that it takes to play 'holier than thou' at all the egos at KVR is astounding. Your church must be weird when your minister is out of town.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

wagtunes wrote:The me you see here is nothing close to the me in the outside world
Yes!!
That is exactly the point so many people make.
Your internet persona is fake.
You act like a total dick-arse (a "wagenheim" in the Urban Dictionary) just to get attention on the internet.
If you were "wagtunes" IRL, you would be dead.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

You know, when wagtunes was new here, i had a bit of a tête à tête with him, and wondered about that weird guy with his strange behavior. Now i frankly think a bit different about it, and, i think that all this ganging up on him wouldn't be happening, if people wouldn't take any word out of his mouth (or his hand, typing on the keyboard...) so damn serious. And, with that in mind, i actually find most thing i read from him here quite entertaining, amusing, and, human. Noone acts online 100% like in the real life, that is just not possible when you don't face your counterpart, and, often, the online world also can be a replacement, a place where you can act like "you want to be". I don't think that's really the case here though, wagtunes is just being himself, with a good portion of typical american overstatement, and acting all up. TBH, i almost admire the way he's still being himself, and that he's still here, after taking so much sh**, admittedly sometimes justifiable, for his posts. It may sometimes appear a bit hysterical, egocentric, and first world problem centered. But, frankly, if you can look past that, i don't think wagtunes is a bad guy at all. Or a "dick-arse" or whatever he is being called here frequently. ;)

Yeah, while I do disagree with the whole tack of writing a post to sum up personality of a person you or we don't actually experience in the fullness of life (having been at the receiving end one or three too many times), it is something to see a broadside at one's peers as all a bunch of rank egoists as the reason for a failure of one's own very ability to deal with musicians at all.

How do people that hire the very best they can find - as a matter of course - handle it?

I'm not a normal person (To be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society is no measure of health - Jiddu Krishnamurti) nor do I have any illusions as to my abilities traversing water on foot.
How do I comport myself with people who can do shit I can't do or have accomplishments I can never compete with? Respect. How is it that someone with a gigantic ego does what I want them to do? Respect both ways.
Dig it. It may well be too much to ask to insist on reflection, and it doesn't matter so much here, I gain nor lose nothing either way. But there's a suggestion for anyone that may chance upon it.

It occurs to me that music made in extreme insularity tends to be impoverished by that. I was actually thinking this about hip-hop and how it never panned out, this morning.

Here's "KVR Audio Forums" where one has to deal with ego clashes to little if any point; here's another slice o' life where nothing comes up with to really clash about, where agreement is the expectation ('so say we all'). And that's all there is.

Failure to acknowledge a whole wide middle here, isn't it.

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:The me you see here is nothing close to the me in the outside world
Yes!!
That is exactly the point so many people make.
Your internet persona is fake.
You act like a total dick-arse (a "wagenheim" in the Urban Dictionary) just to get attention on the internet.
If you were "wagtunes" IRL, you would be dead.
My Internet persona is a manifestation of the crap that I've had to deal with in the 21 years that I've been on the Internet.

Perfect example.

First time at a forum.

Me: Hey guys, wonder if you can give me a hand. I'm trying to <whatever it is> and I'm kind of stuck.

Asshole Response: Hey man, f**k off. We've been doing this for years and we had to learn the hard way. So go f**king figure it out for yourself.

That, in a nutshell, is what I've had to deal with in 21 years of Internet life.

Or...This.

Me: Hey, I figured out a cool way to do <whatever it is> and I made a video (like my Audio Term video)

Response: Hey man, go spam your shit someplace else. We don't want it here.

Now ironically, my Audio Term video was received well here. Not one person had a bad thing to say. I was truly stunned.

Point is, after a while, putting up with crap like this, you get to a point where you just say "f**k it, and f**k you" and you fight back.

And I've gotten damn good at doing that in 21 years.

Yes, I can be outspoken, especially if I think something is very wrong, but if you'll notice, I am NEVER the one to make the first attack on somebody. I'll address an issue or something that I think isn't fair and instead of arguing the argument, I get attacked personally. I'm either told I'm stupid, or I don't know what I'm talking about or whatever, instead of being civil and saying "Hey Wag, here's why I think you might want to reconsider your opinion on <whatever> and give it some more thought."

But that would be WAY too civil for the Internet. People know that they're sitting in front of a PC screen and nobody can see them so they think they can say whatever they want without repercussions. Well they can of course, unless they go too far and get a forum ban. I've been the cause of quite a few of them as I seem to push people's buttons.

But no, I am NOTHING like the asshole you see here in the real world. I make people laugh. I make them feel good. I go out of my way to help them if they need something. But yeah, even in the real world, if I think something is very wrong, I don't just sit back and take it. I'll speak up. I'll do it tactfully. But make no mistake about it. If after speaking my mind and somebody says "Well, we're going to do it anyway" I'm out of there. Life's too short to get sucked into shit that you know is just going to make you miserable.

So the last thing I want to do at this stage of my life is get involved with other musicians and have to deal with the whole "I think we should do it my way" crap. If I work alone, THEN I do it MY way and I'm perfectly fine with that.

That's how I finished a whole CD of 12 songs in exactly 30 days.

Try doing that working with somebody else.

chk071 wrote: if people wouldn't take any word out of his mouth (or his hand, typing on the keyboard...) so damn serious.
that's the problem with the internet in general.
a big part of the issue is humour is often a)geographically oriented and b) requires facial cues to discern whether someone is joking or not.

im rarely being serious when im online, but sarcasm can often be read differently.
im not saying im perfect by any means, i have my moments where i think "you dick!" and get in to it with someone. and im sure ive been the trigger for more than a few "you dick!"s over the years.

and in the distant past i have, due to my mental health issues, got to the point where the online became the majority of my life and reality slipped away a little.

wagtunes wrote:The minister has me cover for him when he goes out of town.
Steve's next sermon:
"The Devil Made Me Do It!"
:pray:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:The minister has me cover for him when he goes out of town.
Steve's next sermon:
"The Devil Made Me Do It!"
:pray:
That's actually not a bad sermon title. Do I have your permission to use it?

wagtunes wrote:Do I have your permission to use it?
Only if you post your sermon on Soundcloud so we can sample it.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Do I have your permission to use it?
Only if you post your sermon on Soundcloud so we can sample it.
You know, this lady at church records my sermons on her phone (when she remembers) but has no idea how to get it off her phone onto something else and I have no idea either.

Return to “Instruments”