Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

DuX wrote:Speaking of game-changers, Diva was already a game-changer. Repro was game-changer nr.2. Just compare the quality of these even to other u-he synths. After working wit them it is hard for me to go back to GForce synths. They are good, but not that good. Good times ahead. :tu: [as always :lol: there's always something better lurking around the corner]

Gforce sounds amazing... and had a rep before U-he.
just letting you know... I'm keeping my pants on until The Cat is unleashed. It's game on after that.

Dasheesh wrote:Would not surprise me in the least if some guy had a top shelf filter design and licensed it. No where in that scenario would I be surprised. Just as likely that everyone loved the imposcar filter so much they imitated it though.
People aren’t emulating the imposcar filter, they are emulating the Oscar filter. Gforce licensed it to Spectrasonics. Cytomic developed an Oscar filter in the drop that they licensed to Ableton. And I’m sure others have done emulations of the Oscar filter as well.

how many presets has oddity2 ? on website it says over 1000 patches but i can see just 64 presets....any advice please?

deejay2 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am how many presets has oddity2 ? on website it says over 1000 patches but i can see just 64 presets....any advice please?
You have to load the other banks. It should open a folder of banks when you hit load and then you hve access to the rest of the presets.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:21 am
deejay2 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am how many presets has oddity2 ? on website it says over 1000 patches but i can see just 64 presets....any advice please?
You have to load the other banks. It should open a folder of banks when you hit load and then you hve access to the rest of the presets.
thank you for advice, are there any community presets for download as well?

deejay2 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:35 am thank you for advice, are there any community presets for download as well?
There are some additional presets available from the website if you're logged in.

Also I made some patches available for free in my signature.direct links:
Free patches for Oddity2, impOSCar2 and Oddity

oddity2 sounds great, minimonsta as well, really fat sounds, just both very small UI at 4K screen on windows, they should update it to be usable

thinking to get imposcar2 as well, where is best price now?

on my mac they are located at
/Library/GForce/Oddity2/

as already said, you have to click the "BANK - load" button and load the .pbk file

i have around 29 banks without having purches anything extra
(iirc in your gforce account, there are some to download)
with 64 sounds per bank this would make up to ~1856 presets

...if this answers your question...
:-)

muki wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:22 pm
(iirc in your gforce account, there are some to download)
with 64 sounds per bank this would make up to ~1856 presets

i cant locate any additional presets at my gforce account, where those are axactly?

deejay2 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm oddity2 sounds great, minimonsta as well, really fat sounds, just both very small UI at 4K screen on windows, they should update it to be usable

thinking to get imposcar2 as well, where is best price now?
ImpOSCar2 has a bigger, better GUI than MiniMonsta (which is unusable on most monitors).
GForce are selling it for £49.99 in their Xmas sale.
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/imposcar2/

Audio Deluxe have it for $64.99 https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/vi ... -imposcar2 and Best Service want $65.00 https://www.bestservice.com/imposcar2.html

It's one of my favourite VA's ... sounds great.
deejay2 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:42 am i cant locate any additional presets at my gforce account, where those are axactly?
My presets are located at C:\Program Files\GForce\impOSCar2\Patches ... I don't recall downloading extra presets but there are folders called Effect (containg 100 files) and Instrument which has 20 sub folders each containing many presets. I presume they installed with ImpOSCar2.

deejay2 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:42 am i cant locate any additional presets at my gforce account, where those are axactly?
yes, you are correct: there are none at the account
i must have confused it with VSM
anyway: they seem to get automatically installed with the (plugin) installer

I can confirm both above statements. The additional sound banks are the real power. Lots of good stuff there.

imposcar 2 UI is still great and beautiful on a big screen.

Very strange that Oddity 2 came out quite a while after imp2 and yet did not get a bigger UI.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:53 pm imposcar 2 UI is still great and beautiful on a big screen.

Very strange that Oddity 2 came out quite a while after imp2 and yet did not get a bigger UI.
I agree ... it's pretty dissapointing that Oddity (and Minimonsta) seem to have been abandoned. :shrug:

There must be a good reason for them to abandon these instruments. I love Oddity 2. It sounds great and somewhat unique. Those pad sounds are very impressive.

Maybe they have some problem with licencing or there is no programmer working in Gforce to update them?

Return to “Instruments”