What is the best concert you've ever went to?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donkey tugger wrote:Public Enemy in Leeds in 1989.
They played at City Gardens back then too. It was the only time they felt the sudden need to check everyone at the door for guns
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Timfonie wrote:I'm waiting for someone who mentions a concert of last year as his favorite one.
Hey hey hey
I still listen to new music
but my arthritis acts up,I don't see the stage so well anymore,and I'd have to take my meds with me

not the good ones either
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

golly, do I have to pick just one . . . ?

Weather Report 1977 - Shorter, Zawinul. Jaco, Acuna, Badrena - all completely lit that night
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Saw Bob Log III and Thomas Truax last night. That was pretty fuckin awesome 8)

Don't know about the best but last great I've been in was the goodbye tour of HIM when they visited in my city.

Dead Can Dance, Washington DC...I think around 1993. Indescribable.

Honorable mention: Skinny Puppy, Vivisect VI tour, Columbus, OH, 1987.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

KISS in '76
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Skinny Puppy, Down the Sociopath tour in 2015. They played all old stuff, nothing later than The Process, and a bunch of songs off that. It was my first time seeing them and as perfect as set list as I could've hoped for. This show inspired me to start writing music again.

Pig on this last tour was also pretty incredible, Gunter and En Esch on guitars, played a bunch of songs off Nihil as well as Secret Skin from Pig vs KMFDM. Small crowd too.

VNV Nation's Compendium tour was also amazing. That's my top 3 of all time, I think.

First ever concert of King Crimson
First ever concert of The Average White Band
The Sex Pistols at a private warehouse party in London
Free in a pub in Tooting Bec, South London
Fleetwood Mac at the Nags Head Pub in London
Kraftwerk in the Musik Halle, Hamburg. 80’s
Ultravox in Amsterdam. 80’s
Roni Size in Amsterdam
Björk in Amsterdam
Brian Wilson. Smile tour in Amsterdam
Gary Numan, ABC, Cheap Trick, B52’s, Talking Heads in New York. 80’s
Goldfrapp in Berlin... Tales Of Us tour. I cried for twenty minutes it was so amazingly beautiful.

Absolute best... Prince at a private after party gig in Hamburg

God! So many great concerts that it’s impossible to leave it at just the one.

Anna Von Hausswolff - "The Miraculous" Tour. It was in a medium sized theater hall and the sound was incredible. Loud enough but perfectly clear.
I've been on some memorizable festivals, but this short little concert was the one I've enjoyed the most.

. . . or the Clash "Combat Rock" tour 1982
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Whitesnake :)
I was partying with the Band afterwards it was awesome :tu:

Yeah, well my girlfriend did a gangbang with Wet Willie and another band I can't recall. It was an R&B act.

Other memorable shows for me: Grateful Dead in Charlotte. Looks like 1973. They'd just gotten the Owsley-bought wall o' speakers. And this was by far the least loud rock show I have experienced. It was CLEAN. Lotta people shouting TURN IT UP but they never did, not even a little. I had a couple hits off a stranger's doob - I had a seat quite close to the stage, somehow - so I went to the back of the house to hear what the sound person had to really aim for and I could hear everything. The interplay between the players was phenomenal. It was space jazz.
Only time I ever went to a Dead show, I'm not a joiner like that.

Bob Dylan comeback tour with The Band. 1974.

Hendrix, May 9 1969. With my mother, I was too young (12) to go to a concert without my mother was her view.
Chicago Transit Authority opened. And they were good. My drum teacher the next Saturday asked me which drummer I preferred. He liked Danny Seraphin better than Mitchell. I did not agree.

Zappa, had to be early 1978. He tried three times to do Strictly Genteel as an encore but the audience would not sit down per his admonitions. Third time he stopped the show and got out of there. Backstory, this venue saw people crushed to death in a rush at, I believe t'was a Who show, prior to this and FZ believed the cops were going to start hurting people in reaction. "I don't want y'all to get your heads bashed in...". He'd explained this was an orchestral composition to be played by six people. Bummer, I really wanted to experience that.

Last time I went to a concert that I can recall was Skeleton Crew, Fred Frith and Tom Cora, must've been 1987.
Frith swung by the house (RIO connection to the band I was working with) to borrow the Marshall 50W Combo. Great amp. Great show, quite unique really.

War. Wet Willie and War. Low Rider, remember that one?

Another memory, Ike and Tina Turner was one of the acts at an outdoor show, one of these all-afternoon deals with like ten bands or something. And it began to rain so it's decided that the show has to move to Park Center, which kind of adjoined Memorial Stadium (cf the Mahavishnu opening for Allmans story) but somehow I and someone else were shit out of luck with no tickets to get in Park Center even as we'd bought tickets. So the way we get in to the rest of the show indoors was the Ike and Tina Turner truck swung by and picked us up and we went in as 'with the band'. The singer I was arranging for was pals with this local UA Records promo guy-cum-pimp ("Ron Hart, baby" - WIST) and procurer of cocaine for Ike and so forth so that's why. No, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either but that actually happened. I used to get in shows by appealing to someone in the band to go in carrying somebody's guitar or like that. But I remember this one act because 'Ike and Tina Turner truck'.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”