Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I think I've around 10 Avengers in the project, all playing different presets from factory content. But the project is really huge, like another 30 instrument tracks, and each with plenty of effects in their channels.

I get the problem after reloading the project (maybe when another different big project was loaded before).

Interestingly, I've had this issue since I used Avenger and I got mine relatively early, but my thinking was it was an issue with j-bridging to 32, but now that I've finally made it into the 64bit world, and to my surprise it was still the same there.

When I start playing any instance of Av after reloading I just get a short click, a heavy, seconds-long full audio dropout, then I need to continue playing, after a minute or so it may be that I get like a second
of sound, then one by one, the healthy spans get longer, and the after a while it will perform perfectly with no issues as long as the session is running.

could you contact Rene with some more infos (samples used etc)

It's not a matter of which presets are used, but I get you. Will come up with precise steps-to-repro later. Not sure tho how to "contact rene"..

I experience this in latest Studio One 3.5 running 5 Avengers and 4 audio tracks but only for a very short instant, lasting miliseconds two or three times, after first opening and running a project. After I increased the audio buffer size to maximum the issue has seemed to subside.

6 year old Asus laptop G75VW-DS71

Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM
Memory 16GB, 1,333MHz DDR3
Hard drive 250GB and 1TB SSD's
Chipset Intel HM77
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M
Last edited by ilalin on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll try to see what happens when the audio buffer size is decreased.
Last edited by ilalin on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilalin wrote:I experience this in latest Studio One 3.5 running 5 Avengers and 4 audio tracks but only for a very short instant, lasting miliseconds two or three times, after first opening and running a project. After I increased the audio buffer size to maximum the issue has seemed to subside.

6 year old Asus laptop G75VW-DS71

Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM
Memory 16GB, 1,333MHz DDR3
Hard drive 250GB and 1TB SSD's
Chipset Intel HM77
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M

Also, please post your specs...

Issue solved. The very fact that nobody else seemed to have the issue made me look into some things more deeply, and so I found that Av was streaming content from the wrong HD. Once I pointed it to the content-file on my SSD, all was good. Thanx anybody answering!

While I'm here, any recommondation what's the best expansion? What I'm after is like "Deep EDM", which doesnt make too much sense maybe, but just take it that way..

yeah the Avenger Library should be on a SSD drive - its a huge performance improvement (startup per instance is reduced to around 1-2 seconds instead of ~15(!)seconds when you have the library on an external hard drive)

@msvs: maybe Rene can optimize the way Avenger is loaded, after some investigations I found out that Avenger loads every single preset file during start-up phase, which of course takes way longer on an external instead of an SSD... but not everyone has an SSD around here.

PLUS: it gets even worse if you have many expansions bought!

xanthos wrote:Avenger loads every single preset file during start-up phase, which of course takes way longer on an external instead of an SSD... but not everyone has an SSD around here.
I'll add this: a manual refresh button for the entire content. Right now, the only way to remove a sample/wavetable/shape I imported in my own library is to delete it, then delete and re-import a purchased expansion. Otherwise Avenger will not refresh the content and keep the deleted samples available in the browser.

xanthos wrote:yeah the Avenger Library should be on a SSD drive
IDK. My Avenger library is on a cheap WD Green internal SATA HDD. OS and VST dirs are on an SSD.

-> Just a quick check of Avenger within Savihost - first start after Boot!
---> Avenger is up in about a second.

In Logic (ssd) first instance loads in exactly 7 seconds. Second in 3.

maybe somebody in the know could post these facts that might help with the load time and Avenger performance in general.
1. Libraries placed on an SSD
2. Increase audio buffer to maximum during mixing

msvs wrote:could you contact Rene with some more infos (samples used etc)
As many dunno how to contact maybe u could implement a contact support button in the preferences :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”