Alchemy´s ModFX like FX plug-in?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So after all this years i always love the ModFX inside Alchemy and even more in the latest Logic (but i think it´s mainly the same as in Alchemy 1.55).
I know it works with very very short delays (it goes way under 1/10 of a ms) and LFO and can achieve chorus and flanger like FX but for some reason i can´t reproduce the sound i can get out of it with any other delay, chorus, flanger or phaser plug-in....even a combination of those seems not give me quite the harmonic and interesting results which this little ModFX box inside Alchemy gives me.
Maybe user fault, so someone might have an idea what could achieve a similar FX.
It´s hard to describe so here is a short demo of what i mean.
First there is the sound without the ModFX (but already with FX) and then the same midi and sound with the ModFX on. This thing can go from subtle to really extreme but still more musical as other FX without going too easy totally out of control for some reason.
Here is what i´m searching for....maybe it´s an easy task:
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/alchemy-mod-fx

I saw that someone searched a similar thing in an older thread. Means mainly a delay effect which has a really wide range and high resolution between zero and 1 ms and it must can go to 100% feedback too.
I tried some things people recommend like Valhalla Ubermod and some others but there seems to be not such a wide range in way under 1 ms or even the slightest modulations/knob/slider tweaking is creating a giant and out of control change with high feedback.
There really seems nothing out there which can do what Alchemy´s ModFX can do. :o
Really?!?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have overlooked this cool thing till today...

martinjuenke wrote:Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have overlooked this cool thing till today...
I sometimes forget about it until i play with it in depth.
The closest i came to this is via a combfilter but it´s still not the same.
F.e. sustain a pad chord and turn the modFX on with 100% feedback, about 50% stereo setting, a very slow rate for the LFO and then play slightly with the delay time settings or modulate them.
These beautiful artefacts and harmonics it can create as well as those drone like subs are wonderful. At the same time it can sound like a flanger, phaser and chorus.
But the 32 pole phaser in Alchemy is great too. I love to modulate the number of poles for that glassy organic bleeps, blobs...whatever :D
I hoped i find that FX in the new Phat FX or Step FX but sadly it seems only in Alchemy.
So i guess i should load some stuff into Alchemy and experiment more with it. I even do not downloaded half of the extra content and latest additions for Alchemy.
Reminds me that it´s still one of the greatest synth of all time, especially for soundscapes and moving pads like things.
I also find still it has/had the best synth preset banks ever.
It´s a gem and for sure worth the price of Logic alone (as well as some other tools like Sculpture).
But yeah, i really would love to have this FX as plug-in. There is nothing like it so far.

Alchemy was a great thing. Sometimes I also miss camelphat and camelspace effects...

dune_rave wrote:Alchemy was a great thing. Sometimes I also miss camelphat and camelspace effects...
Buy a (used) Mac and Logic and there you are...

dune_rave wrote:Alchemy was a great thing. Sometimes I also miss camelphat and camelspace effects...
They were(are) great too. As Logic user i´m of course happy that they finally put now kind of version 2.0 of Camel Phat (called Phat FX) and Camel Space (called now Step FX) into Logic.
I had only Camel Space but lost the installer. Now i have it back and it´s even better.
The Camel Audio (R.I.P.) stuff is really great. I´m sure they will create more great stuff for Logic. But i also miss features from Alchemy 1.55 like microtuning and waveform import per preset which i still own but cannot making it work again for some reason. It loads but i cannot load any preset into it (maybe user fault).
Funny, i just watch Transformers 3 at the moment in TV and the modFX is exact what can create these Transformers morphing sound with a few tweaks. :borg:

I'm on windows, and stay there.
And since I've sold all of my camel stuff, when they finished camelaudio,
I had to find some replacement. It's not easy to replace such hybrid synth .

Cinebient wrote: I also find still it has/had the best synth preset banks ever.
Yes by far, better than Omnisphere's even - state of the art

aMUSEd wrote:
And with the new update a new cinematic soundset (visions) for free! :clap:

martinjuenke wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
And with the new update a new cinematic soundset (visions) for free! :clap:
I just checked that out now and it‘s great stuff indeed.
I also had time now to go in depth with the added Phat FX and Step FX.
Especially Step FX is super awesome. Best multi-FX i ever used. It seems to sound also much better than the old Camel Space.
The modFX here in combination with comb-filter comes close but still no way for the effects the modFX inside Alchemy has.
But since Alchemy loads samples, Apple loops and even full EXS24 instruments (4 of them per preset) i can live with it for a while.
But still wonder where the magic happens in the modFX since it‘s some years old but unique.

Yeah flanger / phaser not quite the same. https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advi ... d-flanging

This sounds like pretty a regular flanger to me. Sure you can't get it in anything else? I hardly ever use them, usually prefer phasers like AQ's new Stunning Phaser but just tried JS: Flange Baby built into Reaper and with a bit of tweaking got close to this sound I think.
ReaperFlangeBaby.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cinebient wrote:Step FX is super awesome. Best multi-FX i ever used.
I much prefer Tantra for that type of thing :shrug:

Yup - Alchemy is a monster

I just was playing around with EchoBode, with it's mod presets and I think you should demo that - might get you where you want to go
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Thank‘s for the suggestions.
But i tried nearly everthing now and there isn‘t anything like Alchemy‘s mod FX.
The different is when you start to modulate or tweak the delay between. It creates harmonics none of these other tools can.
Hard to explain and the results can sound really unique with some sound sources.
Others can sound nice as well but really doesn‘t sound even close if you tweak the parameters while playing chords inbetween a fraction of a ms.

Return to “Effects”