Native Instruments Effects underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IMO Native Instruments effects are underrated. They cover more or less all you need for daily mixing but are not in the focus of discussions here. Strange...

Um. Do you read here frequently? There's a lot of discussion about them. And, yeah, they're great. I use Replika XT the whole time, often use Phasis, and the Reverbs as well.

Replika, Phasis, Flair and Choral are sublime.

The processors too (Comp, EQ etc, a lot made by Softube)... ;-)

Driver is coo' too. :) Actually, i think i have yet to try an effect from NI which is really bad.

I agree, there's some really good processing effects in Komplete that tend to get overlooked. I've only recently discovered PassiveEQ and it's quickly become one of my favourites. The two reverbs in there are decent aswell, i particularly like RC48.

The VC compressors seem quite good too although I'd prefer them to have a more neutral default state.

Supercharger GT and replika xt are my favorites. Excellent tools.
dedication to flying

They are indeed great. My favorite is ReplikaXT so far. Best delay ever (o.k. beside for the range of 1 ms down to 1/1000 of a ms).
But they use some cpu cycles.

The Solid Mix plugins are good, but just kinda Meh sounding. Their other two vintage compressor/EQ lines are pretty great sounding, but there’s just something about them all that I found dreadfully uninspiring. It might be as simple as the GUIs, they are extremely clean GUIs, but very cold feeling, which is exactly how they sound to me.

Supercharger GT, Driver and Replika XT don’t suffer from the same things, so I don’t know.
Last edited by dangayle on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The comps in the Solid Mix Series are great as well as the Softube modeled vintage compressors. NI needs to focus on more great FX and less dj crap.

I love the Native Instruments effects vst's and the VC-2A is one of my most used plugins that I own. I use a lot of the NI plugins on a regular basis.

EvilDragon wrote:Replika, Phasis, Flair and Choral are sublime.
Totally agree.

absynth and reaktor have dedicated Fx plug-ins , as well ...
lots to explore there ...

dangayle wrote:The Solid Mix plugins are good, but just kinda Meh sounding. Their other two vintage compressor/EQ lines are pretty great sounding, but there’s just something about them all that I found dreadfully uninspiring. It might be as simple as the GUIs, they are extremely clean GUIs, but very cold feeling, which is exactly how they sound to me.
The Solid Mix Series capture the SSL vibe pretty well and the Bus Comp is particularly nice....A couple of dB on the master buss is a bit of magic @ 0 ms of latency....

The plugin snobs might not agree,but they are usually too busy chasing down specs and splitting hairs to be making music...

When something works...it just works.....no need for endless debate...

The coolest thing about all of the NI plugins that were coded by Softube is that it is impossible to make them sound bad and that is the genius of them right there...

Like the hardware that they replicate,they are fairly easy to work with,so you can get results quickly and that's a very positive thing...

If you spent too much time labouring over something,it can often get very stale and uninspired :wink:
No auto tune...

Oopps...double post...
No auto tune...

Return to “Effects”