GSI VB3 or AcousticSamples B5?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I currently own GSI's VB3 which I love. For me it is the most authentic Hammond VST the I've used. However, I've heard some good things about AcousticSamples B5 and am wondering how they compare and whether it's worth purchasing if I already own VB3? I can't find a demo verions of B5 to try on the AcousticSamples website so would greatly appreciate other peoples thoughts?

Thanks

soundwise B5, cpuwise VB3

I love VB3. However I'm quite impressed with Blue3 also. I just bought the new IK Leslie...which is a huge part of the sound..at this point I could use just about any organ together with the IK leslie and it will sound really good
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Blue3 really is great. I'm also a very big VB3 afficionado, and Blue3 is improvement in just about every area.

I don't like Blue3, don't know why, it just dosen't fit my taste...

VB3 is great for playing live, it's ballsy, but its distorsion can easily become agressive (may be perfect for some genres). It have a lot of bass too.
On the other side, AcousticsampleS B5 is more realistic, smooth, balanced and... eh.. "organic", but being sampled it's heavier on CPU and RAM.

So for me :
- VB3 for progressive and rock (Deep Purple...) and playing live.
- B5 for jazz, soul, reggae... and recording (if no real Hammond+Leslie is available).

But I've suceeded in having a very good Jon Lord sound with B5+Amplitube.
Last edited by xabilon on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have both and prefer B5. It's the best Hammond plugin on the market IMO.

Not until you have all three, then Blue3 is better. :D

Anybody wanna buy B5 off me? :D

Return to “Instruments”