Anyone know of a free 64 bit VST mixer?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just found Image Line's free Minihost Modular, which is a lot of fun; but each vst instrument has to have its volume adjusted by hand (even assuming that all vst instruments have a master volume). Can anyone recommend a mixer VST, at least 4:1 but preferably 8:2, so I can run each vst through it and have an easy way to balance the volumes? EQ and panning per channel would be nice, but I mostly just want volume control. Thanks.

TBH, i don't know if something like that exists even... in a DAW, the instruments are on different tracks, which all have their own output parameters, so, developing something like a "VST mixer" seems a bit pointless, when you can do all that in a DAW anyway. But, don't know, maybe i'm wrong, and there is something like that.

There is at least one out there, an 8:2, but only 32bit. Yes, in a daw it would seem redundant, but in a vst host it could be more than a little useful.

On a Mac there is Mainstage. Not free, but who could resist, if you get Alchemy, EXS24 and Sculpture for just 30$.
According to AlternativeTo Cantabile light would be a free alternative for Win...

You need to switch to Reason. It has 2 different mixer tools with volume, pan and aux.

Not a mixer, but GVST GFader and BlueCat Gain Suite (both free) would maybe let help you out a bit for plugins with no volume control of their own.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

There was one by audiostrom which doesn't seem to be available (officially) anymore though, but maybe you can still find it somewhere around the web.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/8x2-vs ... audiostrom

Don't remember if it also was 64 bit though (may be not as it's rather old iirc).

edit:
Probably the one madwab also means.

Windows-only, but "Reaplugs" includes a plugin for the "Jesusonic" plugin scripts used mainly in Reaper: https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/

There should be an 8->1 stereo mixer in the standard library and you could easily tweak the code to add more ins/outs/controls as needed.

Thanks all; I guess the audiostrom is probably the one I meant, but I didn't follow up the link as soon as I realized it was 8 bit. I do use Reason 10; but I don't have the VST of minihost because I use v1.6, which came with Harmor but doesn't have a VST version, and I don't want to downgrade to minihost 1.58 in case it impacts on Harmor. Therefore I can't run minihost in Reason - and I wouldn't think I could access Reason's mixing utilities within minihost anyway, even if it was running under Reason. I do have the Bluecat suite, tho' so far all the plugins I've used have had there own volume control; but I'll keep that one in mind. I'll look into the Reaplugs thing, that could be just the thing.

Thanks again :)

madwab wrote:and I wouldn't think I could access Reason's mixing utilities within minihost anyway, even if it was running under Reason.
You can't route the output(s) to 14:2 mixer instead of mix channel?

madwab wrote:I just found Image Line's free Minihost Modular, which is a lot of fun; but each vst instrument has to have its volume adjusted by hand (even assuming that all vst instruments have a master volume). Can anyone recommend a mixer VST, at least 4:1 but preferably 8:2, so I can run each vst through it and have an easy way to balance the volumes? EQ and panning per channel would be nice, but I mostly just want volume control. Thanks.
Don't use Synthedit much anymore but what you ask for should be easy to build in v1.2 which can output 64bit .dll's
I built what you ask for years ago for eXT but 32bit only, Come on SE user put something together for this guy :-)

More thanks.

>You can't route the output(s) to 14:2 mixer instead of mix channel?

If I can, I don't know how.

>what you ask for should be easy to build in [Synthedit] v1.2

Probably good advice, but I'm at the point where I'm turning away good deals because I have too much stuff and too little time to learn it. I'm basically a guitar player, but I picked up Acid Pro 7 in the recent Humble deal, and after trying it out, I suddenly find myself wanting to take on orchestral composition, which is a career in its own right; so I'm running away from things that I would normally love to try :)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”