Anyone still use Metasynth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting! Thank you… let's just wait a little bit until it's officially out.

According to Eric W, the dev, posting to the UIList google group back in Jan this year, 6 should be out soon, and for a moderate fee, though we should expect mainly internal updates to suit current OSX needs, but…:

"…few new features (some new generated base waveform); the management of files in montage is made quite simpler by dynamic sound file reference."

I'm personally looking for nothing more than High Sierra compatibility, so as to be pleased with ANYthing else new, but not disappointed if all it really does is work well again.

dpc

David wrote:According to Eric W, the dev, posting to the UIList google group back in Jan this year, 6 should be out soon, and for a moderate fee, though we should expect mainly internal updates to suit current OSX needs, but…:

"…few new features (some new generated base waveform); the management of files in montage is made quite simpler by dynamic sound file reference."

I'm personally looking for nothing more than High Sierra compatibility, so as to be pleased with ANYthing else new, but not disappointed if all it really does is work well again.

dpc
Hopefully there's new feature in term of audio processing, cause making pay his customers for mostly just an OS compatibility on a $350 software is not a good idea....

Neon Breath wrote:Hopefully there's new feature in term of audio processing, cause making pay his customers for mostly just an OS compatibility on a $350 software is not a good idea....
While I know what you mean and there are lots of cases where I would agree with you, I do tend to the view that a different standard applies for small, passionate, developers like Eric.

His output over the years has been amazing and the tools he produces are, quirky, works of art. Keeping those running on a changing platform is not a zero effort activity and I am happy to support it.

But I'd not argue against new capabilities for sure :-)

m/

sandbags wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Hopefully there's new feature in term of audio processing, cause making pay his customers for mostly just an OS compatibility on a $350 software is not a good idea....
While I know what you mean and there are lots of cases where I would agree with you, I do tend to the view that a different standard applies for small, passionate, developers like Eric.

His output over the years has been amazing and the tools he produces are, quirky, works of art. Keeping those running on a changing platform is not a zero effort activity and I am happy to support it.

But I'd not argue against new capabilities for sure :-)

m/
Ditto; well said!

MetaSynth 6 is now available. Upgrade notices and the rest of the rollout will be happening over the course of this week.

Information and a demo download available at

http://uisoftware.com/MetaSynth

Have fun!
--Edward

In that way is it 'incompatible' with Sierra? I have it working OK (at least not encountered problems yet but not used it much since upgrading to Sierra).

Still no usable undo?

aMUSEd wrote:
In that way is it 'incompatible' with Sierra? I have it working OK (at least not encountered problems yet but not used it much since upgrading to Sierra).

Still no usable undo?
I forget the details but IIRC there were crash bugs, possibly relating to file dialogs.

I fear multi-level undo is the tower of babel in this context :-)

m/

Thank you! :clap:
Very happy that Metasynth continues to be updated, with increased quality and new features! :D
Consider a 'Large-Icon' skin preference. I now use 'Display Menu' app to toggle screen resolution.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Sadly no GUI tweaks....

Great of course to see Metasynth maintained, but the update doesn’t bring anything new in term of synthesis, new sounds and sonic possibilities. Same old territoires (with same 90’s UI) :(

Neon Breath wrote:Great of course to see Metasynth maintained, but the update doesn’t bring anything new in term of synthesis, new sounds and sonic possibilities. Same old territoires (with same 90’s UI) :(
can't wait to see what the new resolutions can offer, though...

Anyone updated and tried Metasynth 6? Did it worth the wait or it's a meh update?

^^^ Here are five pages of details on the new features:

http://uisoftware.com/MetaSynth/MS6NEWFEATURES.pdf

I consider the update well worth the very reasonable $49. It improves sound quality, adds features and the updated menus make it surprisingly easier to use. These improvements are focused on sound quality, which is of course the priority-- so I am quite happy! :clap:

I would pay $100 with a better GUI, but bitmap>vector is a huge rewrite and perhaps the current user base is not enough to pay for so much work. But perhaps the next generation of musicians will rediscover this wildly imaginative and multidimensional DAW?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”