One Synth Challenge #109: Fathom Synth by Seaweed Audio (mmGhost wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

OK.. tweaked a few things on my last mix. Rolled off the highs, boosted the lows.. and fixed a few other things that were bugging me.

I don't have a pro plan, so everything got wiped out.. it's like it never happened! :P

---

MIX Edit 02:

f**k it.. went for a more aggressive master (though still not as loud as I'd really like.. :? ). Warmed up the mix overall. Boosted the lows another db & decreased the cut. Pulled down the mids around 2kHz a bit more. Brought the highs back up a tiny amount.. and decreased the cut there as well.

Mixing with absolutely no premium tools is freakishly hard... :lol:
Last edited by progtronic on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

progtronic wrote:I don't have a pro plan, so everything got wiped out.. it's like it never happened! :P
Haha...did you post a track recently or something? :clown:
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I'm feeling a little gun shy about posting my track with all the awesome tunes flying around this month. Mine's pretty much done, just want to maybe add some special fx and a percussion element or two.

A whopping 16 instances of Fathom. Sounds from init and pretty much scribbled all of my own waveforms. (that was a first)

I'll update the fx used when I'm done done.

*deleted WIP*
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl_saved wrote:
doctorbob wrote:"R'lyeh is a sunken city located deep under the Pacific Ocean and is where the Great Old One, Cthulhu (actual inventor of FM synthesis.. probably) is interred. R'lyeh's bizarre architecture is characterized by its non-Euclidean geometry."
No I didn't :o
dB

TheNeverScene wrote:
progtronic wrote:I don't have a pro plan, so everything got wiped out.. it's like it never happened! :P
Haha...did you post a track recently or something? :clown:
I have no idea what you're talking about.. :D

I'm making a new release tomorrow with some bug fixes.

I read back here a few pages to make sure I did not miss anything, however,

If anyone has a bug that was not fixed yet please let me know so I can get the fix into the release.

Hey Everett, I'm going to warn you now that this is around the time here at the OSC that we've all gone completely bonkers, so take everything from here on out with a grain of salt :)

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

HA!!.....or a grain of Jolly Roger.
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hear you. It's the mixing time warp. Days become hours. I was up till 7:00 AM myself.

I still haven't gotten used to daylight savings time, and probably won't until November when it ends. Whoever thought that was a great idea........ :box: :smack: :box: :smack:

Just a heads up. There will be new release tomorrow.

These bugs will be fixed.

Fixed Bug 0150 Notes stick on during Reaper track freeze.
Fixed Bug 0151 ADSR attack phase does not start where release phase ends.
Fixed Bug 0152 Allow four times magnification of envelope graph.
Fixed Bug 0153 Envelope graph jumps to start on second magnify drag.
Fixed Bug 0154 Crash if close gui while front panel EQ graph is fading out.
Fixed Bug 0155 Copy of additive spectrum oscillator should copy harmonics.

I don't think any of these bugs are effecting a lot of people, but just in case
this will give people one last week with an updated release to tweak your final songs.

doctorbob wrote:
Carl_saved wrote:
doctorbob wrote:"R'lyeh is a sunken city located deep under the Pacific Ocean and is where the Great Old One, Cthulhu (actual inventor of FM synthesis.. probably) is interred. R'lyeh's bizarre architecture is characterized by its non-Euclidean geometry."
No I didn't :o
dB
Oops ... I know what happened: I must have highlited the text I wanted to quote but must have hit "quote" at one of your messages dB. So they put progtronic's text in the editor with the name of the person whose quote button I pressed :lol: Will pay more attention next time

Hey all -- I just came back to working on this after a couple of weeks off due to stupidly heavy work schedule. I'm still having some trouble with the interface being supersensitive -- parameters seem to change if I look at the mouse funny! (just kidding, but small accidental touches seem to make envelopes totally re-se)t. Is this just me, or is there a way to desensitize it a little? Great, great sounding synth with tremendous possibilities! The modulation matrix also slides up and down in a very exaggerated way when I scroll through. Thanks.

I have some free time to play again with Fathom so I made another track. Forget my previous entry, this is the one for #109 :D .

Again some problems with ADSR modulator. Looks like previuos note (long) decay conflict with next note attack phase and it produce click sound. No note after = no click. Note start when previous note decay phase finished = no click. Decay phase not finished and new note started = click. Also there is no way to modulate AM amount because it make some really nasty clicks with every step.

https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/digital-world
Made for KVR OSC #109
FL Studio 12.5.1
17 instances of Fathom Synth

DAW FX's:
1x Maximus
1x Fruity parametric EQ 2
3x Soundgoodizer
1x Fruity Reeverb

Other FX's:
2x VST zOne Amplio 2
3x VST zOne Quo