Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Total Studio 2 MAX - Download it now at special intro pricing

Total Studio 2 MAX - Download it now at special intro pricing

Max Your Studio and cover ALL your music production needs

94 products, 16,800 sounds, 39 high-end mixing/mastering processors and over 350 gear models for guitar and bass so you can meet the demands of today's most challenging music productions.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13787 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 am Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

I just wanted to demo this synth - does anybody here have an idea why Icarus 1.5 AU version does not show up in Logic 10.4.1 under High Sierra? The plug-in manager doesn't even detect the component, even after clearing the AU cache. And as usual Tone2 just dumps all the Icarus content straight into Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
I thought they had fixed that...
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

4058 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:53 am Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

Do you have the VST installed? The AU uses Symbiosis and just has an alias of the VST inside. No VST, it no work.

However, normally it shows “could not be loaded” in the plugin manager if that happens.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

Gamma-UT wrote:Do you have the VST installed? The AU uses Symbiosis and just has an alias of the VST inside. No VST, it no work.

However, normally it shows “could not be loaded” in the plugin manager if that happens.

Well the demo installer doesn't give you any options what to install, it just installs. But thanks, I'll check if the vst is there, if not I'll just revert to my former Tone2-allergy.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:Do you have the VST installed? The AU uses Symbiosis and just has an alias of the VST inside. No VST, it no work.

Well the demo installer doesn't give you any options what to install, it just installs. But thanks, I'll check if the vst is there, if not I'll just revert to my former Tone2-allergy.

The vst demo in Cubase works, but not the AU in Logic - demo time out is really happening too early, I was just getting into resynthesis - whine whine complain rant wuääää
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

4058 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:25 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

I tend to drop a copy of the VST into the AU package to replace the alias. That may work in this case though changes in the filesystem for High Sierra might mean it doesn't work - I'm on Sierra. It is a bit of a faff for a demo though.

Tone2 stuff can fail inexplicably at time in Logic. It took a bit of a dance to get Rayblaster 2 up and running.
fisherKing
KVRAF

1562 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:28 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

reboot. working fine in logic here...
http://upstatebrooklyn.com/
always one plugin short of perfection...
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

fisherKing wrote:reboot. working fine in logic here...

I rebooted about 5 times, it's maybe just an issue with the demo which was created in November 2017, probably pre-High Sierra.
fisherKing
KVRAF

1562 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

let them know, but it seems it should work (am also on HS). and no problems since i first installed it (when it was released)...

btw does it validate in logic? just curious...
http://upstatebrooklyn.com/
always one plugin short of perfection...
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:58 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

fisherKing wrote:let them know, but it seems it should work (am also on HS). and no problems since i first installed it (when it was released)...

It's not even visible in the AU manager although the component is where it should be, so it can't validate.
LeVzi
KVRAF

1767 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:52 pm Re: Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

Sampleconstruct wrote:
fisherKing wrote:let them know, but it seems it should work (am also on HS). and no problems since i first installed it (when it was released)...

It's not even visible in the AU manager although the component is where it should be, so it can't validate.

So go to the Tone2 forums https://www.tone2.org/forum/ and ask for support there.
Forward ever, Backward never
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments