Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Anosou
KVRist
 
130 posts since 22 Jul, 2011, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Anosou; Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:03 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

jclosed wrote:Well - I was always on the fence for buying Reason, but I prefer to work a while (certainly longer than that one month for the trial version) with a Intro/Limited/Starter edition of a DAW. For me the Reason Essentials version was simply too limited (especially compared to other "intro" software from Cubase, Ableton, Bitwig and so on) to do a real "in depth" and lengthy test run.

This Intro version however, gives me more than enough stuff to do a real realistic long enough trial. The missing rewire functionality is no problem for me. I never used this, and rather export audio from another DAW to mix it down in my trusty Cubase 9.5 (or do a end master in WaveLab Elements). But hey - Who knows. Maybe mixing down in Reason works for me too (as long as I can use my "to go" plug-ins from Izotope, FabFilter and so on).

If I like this Intro version I will probably upgrade to the full version. This, however, depends on the price this upgrade is going to cost me. I hope this will be a bit reason-able (yeah, lame joke - I know, I know).

So - I am going to buy Reason Intro within a few weeks. This new version really seems to be worth the money. I am looking forward to it. Nice!


Thanks for the kind words! The upgrade is the difference between buying Intro and the full version. So it's $299 :)
Kypresso
KVRist
 
134 posts since 26 Mar, 2014

Postby Kypresso; Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:29 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Anosou wrote:Thanks for the kind words! The upgrade is the difference between buying Intro and the full version. So it's $299 :)


Full version of reason 10 is $299 at the moment, that makes the buy intro and then upgrade way more expensive. You might as well buy the full reason as you get a 30 day money back guarantee.
User avatar
antic604
KVRian
 
1026 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:08 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

mellotronaut wrote:the lack of ReWire is a deal breaker. strange decision. connect Reason Intro to Ableton Live and you could have a lot of fun, but ... . :roll: :lol:


Isn't that obvious? They want you to have fun with Reason, and buy the full version eventually.

Adding ReWire means Reason would be treated like a VST instrument and at that point - if I were Propellerhead - I'd rather consider turning their native instrument & effects into VSTs and seel them individually. I mean Europa, Grain or Thor could easily go for $99 a piece.
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
festeringheap
KVRist
 
316 posts since 6 Mar, 2011

Postby festeringheap; Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:16 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Anosou wrote:
You rang? :party:

There is no demo for Reason Intro. However, the workflow features are pretty much identical. I wanted Reason Intro to be as close to Reason as possible in terms of how you work so that if you like it and upgrade, it'll be a very similar experience.

In terms of differences from the full version, the main ones are:

  • Limited to 16 audio and/or instrument tracks
  • Does not include Grain, Malström, Radical Piano, Klang, Pangea, Humana in the instruments section
  • Does not include The Echo, Synchronous, Neptune, BV512 Vocoder, Pulveriser, Alligator,
    RV-7 Reverb, D-11 Distortion, ECF-42 Filter, PH-90 Phaser, UN-16 Unison, Comp-01 compressor,
    PEQ-2 EQ in the effects section
  • Does not support ReWire

The workflow is identical, the mixer is identical. It includes pitch edit, slice edit, bounce in place, exporting REX files, VST support, RE support, Ableton Link etc. etc.

Hope that helped!


Thanks for posting. :)

So, for example, if I had a Kong, and routed all 16 channels to 16 mixer channels, and even sub-grouped sections of those, that would count as ONE Instrument track, yeah?

Also, when I look at the Compare on this page...
https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/buy

..under Instruments, I don't see the External MIDI Instrument, but under Expandability, I see "Midi Out/Midi Clock Out"

Is the EMI included in Intro?

Thanks. :)
User avatar
antic604
KVRian
 
1026 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Anosou wrote:In terms of differences from the full version, the main ones are:
  • Limited to 16 audio and/or instrument tracks


Two questions to the above:
- do parallel and bus tracks count into that limit?
- do device tracks also use the limit (like when you add a sequencer track for Alligator to use MIDI clips as gate patterns)?
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
Anosou
KVRist
 
130 posts since 22 Jul, 2011, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Anosou; Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Kypresso wrote:
Anosou wrote:Thanks for the kind words! The upgrade is the difference between buying Intro and the full version. So it's $299 :)


Full version of reason 10 is $299 at the moment, that makes the buy intro and then upgrade way more expensive. You might as well buy the full reason as you get a 30 day money back guarantee.


In general, Intro + upgrade will likely follow the pricing of Reason but since it was just launched and Reason 10's sale was already underway that didn't happen this time.

festeringheap wrote:Thanks for posting. :)

So, for example, if I had a Kong, and routed all 16 channels to 16 mixer channels, and even sub-grouped sections of those, that would count as ONE Instrument track, yeah?

Also, when I look at the Compare on this page...
https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/buy

..under Instruments, I don't see the External MIDI Instrument, but under Expandability, I see "Midi Out/Midi Clock Out"

Is the EMI included in Intro?

Thanks. :)


Yes, you're right. That'd still count as one "instrument track". And yes, External MIDI Instrument is in there. Mistake by us not including it in the chart! Will fix that ASAP.

antic604 wrote:
Anosou wrote:In terms of differences from the full version, the main ones are:
  • Limited to 16 audio and/or instrument tracks


Two questions to the above:
- do parallel and bus tracks count into that limit?
- do device tracks also use the limit (like when you add a sequencer track for Alligator to use MIDI clips as gate patterns)?


No, there's no such thing as parallel and bus tracks. They're parallel and bus mixer channels and thus doesn't count toward your track total. :party:

Effect device automation tracks do not count, neither do effect device note lanes. So you can have a note lane for RPG-8 for example. Alligator is not included in Reason Intro so that's not applicable. :)
User avatar
antic604
KVRian
 
1026 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:57 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Anosou wrote:No, there's no such thing as parallel and bus tracks. They're parallel and bus mixer channels and thus doesn't count toward your track total. :party:


Well *technically* there are if you want to automate a fader or knob on them :)

Anosou wrote:Alligator is not included in Reason Intro so that's not applicable. :)


Sure, that was just an example. There's a lot of REs - which Intro supports - that use the functionality.
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
User avatar
jbw
KVRist
 
239 posts since 31 Oct, 2013

Postby jbw; Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:29 pm Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Have they upgraded the interface for high resolution screens yet though?

I tried the demo some time last year and it looked awful on my 4K screen.
User avatar
antic604
KVRian
 
1026 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 pm Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

jbw wrote:Have they upgraded the interface for high resolution screens yet though?

I tried the demo some time last year and it looked awful on my 4K screen.


No.
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
Roger-S.
KVRist
 
71 posts since 9 Nov, 2005, from Germany/Mexico

Postby Roger-S.; Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:44 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

For those who use(d) Reason not as main DAW, but as add-on to their usual DAW, the missing Rewire is an absolute Deal-breaker. Ableton Link is fine for...Ableton Live, but users of Cubase, ProTools, Logic?

Propellerheads won´t make us change our DAW to Reason, they just closed the door to a greater market share. The new VST support does not change that. I would have preferred less instruments/functions, but with Rewire.

I consider this a major erroneous company decision.
User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
 
658 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 pm Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Roger-S. wrote:For those who use(d) Reason not as main DAW, but as add-on to their usual DAW, the missing Rewire is an absolute Deal-breaker. Ableton Link is fine for...Ableton Live, but users of Cubase, ProTools, Logic?

Propellerheads won´t make us change our DAW to Reason, they just closed the door to a greater market share. The new VST support does not change that. I would have preferred less instruments/functions, but with Rewire.

I consider this a major erroneous company decision.

This is the Intro version, though..?
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
M.I.T.A.
KVRer
 
15 posts since 3 Nov, 2009

Postby M.I.T.A.; Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:56 pm Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Hi Mattias, first of all many thanks for your support.
i have other doubts that i cannot solve on PS website, i hope you can help me.

- Refill support > limited support.
What this means? Maybe that Reason Intro recognize all the "not-bundled" refills and don't load them?

- Factory Sound Bank > Limited sound bank
The missing sounds is all about the instruments not included? So the included instruments (Redrum, Kong, Europa etc) got all the presets/sounds of the full version? (Except of course Combinator patch that uses instr. not included).

- About external audio routing there are some limitations? For example can i routing audio to external analog fxs and then get the audio back to Reason?

- I want to try the demo, can you suggest me how to complete uninstall this?

- I have a Retina 5k iMac. Really Reason looks so terrible on this display? Any screenshots please?

Thanks again!

Anosou wrote:
There is no demo for Reason Intro. However, the workflow features are pretty much identical. I wanted Reason Intro to be as close to Reason as possible in terms of how you work so that if you like it and upgrade, it'll be a very similar experience.

In terms of differences from the full version, the main ones are:

  • Limited to 16 audio and/or instrument tracks
  • Does not include Grain, Malström, Radical Piano, Klang, Pangea, Humana in the instruments section
  • Does not include The Echo, Synchronous, Neptune, BV512 Vocoder, Pulveriser, Alligator,
    RV-7 Reverb, D-11 Distortion, ECF-42 Filter, PH-90 Phaser, UN-16 Unison, Comp-01 compressor,
    PEQ-2 EQ in the effects section
  • Does not support ReWire

The workflow is identical, the mixer is identical. It includes pitch edit, slice edit, bounce in place, exporting REX files, VST support, RE support, Ableton Link etc. etc.

Hope that helped!
Roger-S.
KVRist
 
71 posts since 9 Nov, 2005, from Germany/Mexico

Postby Roger-S.; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 pm Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

zenophilix wrote:
Roger-S. wrote:For those who use(d) Reason not as main DAW, but as add-on to their usual DAW, the missing Rewire is an absolute Deal-breaker. Ableton Link is fine for...Ableton Live, but users of Cubase, ProTools, Logic?

Propellerheads won´t make us change our DAW to Reason, they just closed the door to a greater market share. The new VST support does not change that. I would have preferred less instruments/functions, but with Rewire.

I consider this a major erroneous company decision.

This is the Intro version, though..?


Yes, I am talking about the Intro version.
I just don´t see any benefit from this policy. There are plenty of users out there using other major DAWs, using Reason or Reason Essentials as Rewire slave. For me personally Reason Essentials is complete enough, as it permits to complete your instruments with Rack Extensions. But without Rewire. it renders Intro almost useless. It´s a shame, as I began to like this software...

All the best.

Roger
User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
 
658 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 pm Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

Roger-S. wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
Roger-S. wrote:For those who use(d) Reason not as main DAW, but as add-on to their usual DAW, the missing Rewire is an absolute Deal-breaker. Ableton Link is fine for...Ableton Live, but users of Cubase, ProTools, Logic?

Propellerheads won´t make us change our DAW to Reason, they just closed the door to a greater market share. The new VST support does not change that. I would have preferred less instruments/functions, but with Rewire.

I consider this a major erroneous company decision.

This is the Intro version, though..?


Yes, I am talking about the Intro version.
I just don´t see any benefit from this policy. There are plenty of users out there using other major DAWs, using Reason or Reason Essentials as Rewire slave. For me personally Reason Essentials is complete enough, as it permits to complete your instruments with Rack Extensions. But without Rewire. it renders Intro almost useless. It´s a shame, as I began to like this software...

All the best.

Roger

If they added Rewire to Intro, it would seriously degrade sales of upgrades. At the end of the day, Propellerhead is a business, and they have to consider the bottom line.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
Saukar30
KVRian
 
986 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:56 am Re: Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

If you use Reaper, you don't need Rewire (speaking specifically of the audio portion).

With Reaper installed, you can choose ReaRoute as your audio drive in Reason and you get up to 16 audio outputs that can connect to Reaper. So there is that work around considering Reason Intro.

BTW... Ive been using Reason Lite as it came free because of my MPD218. Im really diggin this. I never really got into Reason before because of it not using VSTs, but now having that free version as a demo of sorts (& watching a ton of tutorials on how Reason works) will probably make me consider Reason as an option. Since Orion got discontinued, I've missed having a mixer in my DAW.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)