Seismic (VST/AU for Mac and Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

http://www.syntonica.net/seismic

Version 1.6 now released into the wild! Another huge update--be sure to read the manual. Please let me know of any issues, and again, thanks for your support!
Last edited by syntonica on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Validation crashed in Logic the first time I ran it, but a rescan caused it to become validated.

To be honest, I was confused by the relationship between the nodes.

Some kind of ADSR is needed.

It's there. Please read the manual--it explains all!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Giving this a bump since the edit didn't seem to do it.

Thank you for windows port -- synth potential is so big.
Unfortunately x64 plugin crashes in Reaper 5.79 when "Sampler" is selected in slot
And the window looks strange -- no Reaper patch selector and stuff till mouse is moved to the top of the window.
Скриншот 2018-04-17 08.16.27.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fairplay wrote:Thank you for windows port -- synth potential is so big.
Unfortunately x64 plugin crashes in Reaper 5.79 when "Sampler" is selected in slot
And the window looks strange -- no Reaper patch selector and stuff till mouse is moved to the top of the window.
Скриншот 2018-04-17 08.16.27.png
Seismic manages its own patches, any host will see it as having only one.

Thanks for the bug report--I'll take a look at it. The Sampler mixer is a massive kludge in the system, so can be quite fussy. Be sure to choose the Sampler first, then you can load a sample in the left wave.

maybe a link?
hard to provide feedback for something when you're given almost no information about the thing.

Faster googled than asked: http://syntonica.net/seismic
It seems this might be a nice kandidate for the next OSC...
Certainly not the usual subatractive mainstream...

yeah well, Googled already, but one must expect a lack of interest due to the fact there's no link to a product yet it's being discussed like it's a given.
I'm no marketing guy, but It's pretty much on the downlow, you can't expect people to be name dropping "Seismic" just yet.

With the program, one must get.

sqigls wrote:maybe a link?
hard to provide feedback for something when you're given almost no information about the thing.
I probably deleted it when I edited my post, so I readded it. It goes well with the other two links right above. :wink:

> Seismic manages its own patches, any host will see it as having only one.
No, the real problem is not only one patch, but total lack of Reaper VST management toolbar -- with automation, i/o, params etc

I agree, would be added to my other request I put on any synth. Either MPE, or at least Voice per channel, means pitch bend I send on channel 2 for example will only be sent to the voice which had been triggered by a noteon on channel 2, same for controllers, and aftertouch...

fairplay wrote:Thank you for windows port -- synth potential is so big.
This should be fixed. Please redownload and give it a try. Thanks!

fairplay wrote:> Seismic manages its own patches, any host will see it as having only one.
No, the real problem is not only one patch, but total lack of Reaper VST management toolbar -- with automation, i/o, params etc
That's weird. I'm not familiar with automation in Reaper, but the bar is there. Just pull the left edge out a bit and it will show.

I'll have to look into why Reaper isn't doing this on the Windows side. It's fine on the Mac side.

As an aside, most of your automation will be in Seismic itself. There are modulators for the the knobs.

Let me know how automation goes, however. I just enabled it.

Sorry if I've been an unclear -- the problem is not with automation

It is something with window placement

Right after the plugin window open
Скриншот 2018-04-17 21.55.31.png
See the white spacer below it?

And the same window after resize
Скриншот 2018-04-17 21.55.38.png
The top bar appeared.
----

BTW, sampler does not crash anymore with the last update, many thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”