Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
alexpen
KVRist

36 posts since 27 Mar, 2015

Postby alexpen; Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 am Re: Sluggish/sloooow GUI Bitwig 2.23 macOS Sierra 10.12.6

After finishing two "middle sized" projects as a test balloon - around 50 tracks (audio, vst, etc.) I definitely agree that bitwig team has to address the performance issue.

Bitwig has beautiful workflow, "modular mindset" and many-many things have been just done right from the beginning. I absolutely love this DAW. However currently I just can't really switch to it completely due to poor performance and will stick with Logic.

From my perspective --> no new features (I'm absolutely fine with current ones), please address performance as a very first thing.
Enrize
KVRist

218 posts since 18 Jan, 2017

Postby Enrize; Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 am Re: Sluggish/sloooow GUI Bitwig 2.23 macOS Sierra 10.12.6

alexpen wrote:After finishing two "middle sized" projects as a test balloon - around 50 tracks (audio, vst, etc.) I definitely agree that bitwig team has to address the performance issue.

Bitwig has beautiful workflow, "modular mindset" and many-many things have been just done right from the beginning. I absolutely love this DAW. However currently I just can't really switch to it completely due to poor performance and will stick with Logic.

From my perspective --> no new features (I'm absolutely fine with current ones), please address performance as a very first thing.

100% Agree. I can't extend my license unless there will be at least some optimizations in 2.4. I'm not telling about full GPU OpenGL acceleration, as i fully understand its quite a long story (which i hope to see in 2.5 though)
_TLG_
KVRist

76 posts since 28 Mar, 2014, from Poland

Postby _TLG_; Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:08 am Re: Sluggish/sloooow GUI Bitwig 2.23 macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Yes, this is sad, but I didn't renew the licence due the poor macOS performance too.
I have powered MBP i7 3.1 GHZ 16GB RAM, but the performane is a joke :(
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

684 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am Re: Sluggish/sloooow GUI Bitwig 2.23 macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Oh man, 2.3.3rc1 seems to make it even worse. The GUI performance is SO RIDICULOUS SLOW!!!!!!!

For example while the zoom is fast on the pianoroll, dragging is like slowmotion, the movements of the elements lag so much. It makes no joy to use this mess. f**k!

The overview is slow in any way, zooming is slow, dragging is slow.

I really thought these guys would soon come up with some kind of obvious speed improvements, but now another 2 months passed, AND IT IS EVEN SLOWER NOW. Seems to me that the guys are overchallenged or again starting to ignore this. Those ignorant answers from the support, oh man...

I found this:

- The performance is ok-ish up to a resoluton of ~2880x1800 Pixels. But with more pixels it starts to become suuuper slow.
- It doesn't matter what graphics card you have at all, the only counting is the CPU, and the usage of the plugins in the song

Sadly I use 4k usually. So I have to look for a tool that auto-switches to a lower resolution if Bitwig starts. Did not find any so far. Really, the guys could add this to Bitwig themselves!! Also they disabled the app properties option "low resoluton mode", which normally uses half the pixels/doubled pixels, so looks like fullhd then on 4k. I guess they disabled because the GPU does no do the scaling, so this trick does not work :3

Instead fixing this messy problem, they are adding other stuff again WTF
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
alexpen
KVRist

36 posts since 27 Mar, 2015

Postby alexpen; Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 am Re: Sluggish/sloooow GUI Bitwig 2.23 macOS Sierra 10.12.6

sorry, double post.
Previous

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Bitwig