Native Access

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Native Access has been problematic on my windows 7 machine. I can't update Kontakt anymore as I get BSOD issues randomly. Service center never once caused these issues. I though about buying into the Komplete Kontrol ecosystem but from what I read even that has issues right now.
I have limited time to make music let alone troubleshoot software incompatibility issues for developers. I get it there is always growing pains and kinks to be worked out but this had been going on for a long time. I'm moving away from Native Instruments and on my new system will be installing Kontakt only even though I'm a Komplete owner. Hopefully they have Native Access figured out soon so I can install it without issues. I wouldn't be installing Native Instruments anything if I didn't have my investments in Kontakt libraries

EvilDragon wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:but Native Access lists them as broken, then, and there's no way to remove them from the list.
There is, if you remove the product's XML file along with plist files. Search for "Reaktor Blocks Wired.xml" (I think it's called that, if not, just do a partial search for wired.xml instead) on your system drive and remove it.

(Agreed we should be able to easily uninstall from NA, though.)
I'll try this. Thanks yet again, EvilDragon. You're far too helpful to be "evil" :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

v1o wrote:Yeah uninstalling NI plugins in Mac OS is a horror story. Installing them is so easy, but getting rid of them is so labour intensive. It’s like they purposely don’t want you to get rid of them like some malware.
To be clear: my complaint is with Native Access. I usually have no difficulties removing audio plugins or other software from Mac OS. The clutter on the system from software installations is far less than (in my experiences) Windows software. It's not as simple as it used to be (on classic Mac OS), but I don't think it's at the "needs an uninstaller" level. The only real hassle is remembering where the support content (if any) is stored, which seems to have changed a few times over the years that we've had these multiuser operating systems...

My only other annoyance is when NI updaters require the prior version to be detected where it was originally installed. That's very Windows-like, IMO. For the most part, Mac OS software can be placed anywhere in the application folder (or elsewhere) and it shouldn't matter.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Guenon wrote:
chk071 wrote:But, what if those issues are related to a single, potentially misconfigured computer? You would have informed everyone about a non-existing issue, thus making false claims.
If the issues are as plentiful as they are in, for example, this case -- it's probable it's actually the developer's fault not making the product fault tolerant enough, designing it badly for probable use cases, communicating its use badly, and most likely a combination of all of these. When that happens, it's nice to have those reports out in the open.
I couldn't agree more. Forums have saved me countless times. I tend to be the user with edge case scenarios and it drives me nuts (still can't figure out why I'm such a fantastic bug-finder). I've found most of the answers through other users, not from official support channels.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
v1o wrote:Yeah uninstalling NI plugins in Mac OS is a horror story. Installing them is so easy, but getting rid of them is so labour intensive. It’s like they purposely don’t want you to get rid of them like some malware.
To be clear: my complaint is with Native Access. I usually have no difficulties removing audio plugins or other software from Mac OS. The clutter on the system from software installations is far less than (in my experiences) Windows software. It's not as simple as it used to be (on classic Mac OS), but I don't think it's at the "needs an uninstaller" level. The only real hassle is remembering where the support content (if any) is stored, which seems to have changed a few times over the years that we've had these multiuser operating systems...

My only other annoyance is when NI updaters require the prior version to be detected where it was originally installed. That's very Windows-like, IMO. For the most part, Mac OS software can be placed anywhere in the application folder (or elsewhere) and it shouldn't matter.
It is irrelavent which platform it is on, NA just doesn't function properly. It would be nice to have access to where all the content is stored prior to installation, then it can be (If needed) removed after.

AMD have this issue, all installers and previous versions sit on the Hard Disk, and they are almost a gig each, and unless you knew about them or knew where to look, you'd soon be filling your HD with old installers and drivers that are obselete , NA seems to follow this pattern.

And as for not detecting previous versions, that is ridiculous, why does it need the older version if a new one is availible ? If it remembers the path, that's all it needs, if a license exists in your account, again, why the need for the old version. Beats me, I had to reinstall their free plugins to update them. Not even sure how they got deleted, as I didn't touch them, all I did was switch from Service Centre to NA.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

NA seems a totall balls up to me. Never worked properly on Win7. Just getting Win 10 system setup and it won't install anything. Only NI solution refers to un mounting the NI SSD which I don't have. If you are going to try to automate something or change the way of doing things at least make it better. This is more time consuming that downloading manually.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I don’t doubt people are experiencing issues but for me it has been flawless. Weird.

The only issue, if I can call it that, is the constant error message it shows regarding 32 but plugins.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I just 'repaired' and updated everything through NA yesterday.
No problems except it won't reload the older 32 bit stuff, but I don't mind that - I wasn't using them anyways.
I still have the original CD's, so I could always reload from them if it was important.

Mushy Mushy wrote:The only issue, if I can call it that, is the constant error message it shows regarding 32 but plugins.
That's normal. NI wants you to have both installed, so if you remove 32-bit from your system, it'll say you need to repair the installation.

I would assume once everything moves to 64-bit only, that will be amended, but I reckon we still have some years till that actually happens on Windows side of things.
felis wrote:No problems except it won't reload the older 32 bit stuff, but I don't mind that - I wasn't using them anyways.
In that case the 32-bit path you have defined in Preferences is wrong. No problems in installing both 64-bit and 32-bit over here, they end up where they're supposed to be.

Mac OS is beginning the ditching 32-bit in the next major version.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

..just deleted 32bit versions from 2nd hard-drive and now NativeAccess shows these as a "repair" case. (oh im not alone-..looks up)
Last edited by Klinke1 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
- WonderEcho -

See 2 posts above yours...

Jace-BeOS wrote:Mac OS is beginning the ditching 32-bit in the next major version.
You mean not running any 32-bit software AT ALL?

One more reason to NOT install it :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

EvilDragon wrote:
In that case the 32-bit path you have defined in Preferences is wrong. No problems in installing both 64-bit and 32-bit over here, they end up where they're supposed to be.

Battery 3 and Absynth 4 are two off the top of my head.
Not sure it's the preferences, they're just completely removed from my system (no 32 or 64 bit versions anywhere), and superceded by Batt4 and Ab5.

Battery 3 and Absynth 4 are not supported by Native Access... however they should still be able to coexist with newer versions, since they go in their separate folders... I think you'll have to run original installers for those two from the disks...

Return to “Instruments”