Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All the Waves SSL plugins are on sale at 29$ each, less from third-party online retailers. Seems like a pretty good deal. I have a Presonus voucher for Waves, so I could pay even less.

Any comments about those plugins?

jbarish wrote:I'm waiting for Super Turbo Slam Dog Pro....

Beatskillz=Wankers
dafuq?

how come?
Meh

squibs wrote:

Beatskillz=Wankers
dafuq?

how come?
Because they put out inferior, idiotically named plugs.
Last edited by jbarish on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feelshallright wrote:All the Waves SSL plugins are on sale at 29$ each, less from third-party online retailers. Seems like a pretty good deal. I have a Presonus voucher for Waves, so I could pay even less.

Any comments about those plugins?
These are great plugins if you don't have anyone else's SSL emulation plugins. It is one thing I do use.

I think it is the E Channel that I like the best. I don't use the compressor or the equalizer. The channel has it all.

squibs wrote:Slam dawg for a buck is a no brainer, as is dirt machine for 5...
Slam Pro Upgrade for $29

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Slam-Dawg

jbarish wrote:
squibs wrote:

Beatskillz=Wankers
dafuq?

how come?
Because they put out inferior, idiotically named plugs.
Well, I happen to really like their Bounce compressor.
There's been a lot of praise for that one on gearslutz as well.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Yes. I also see Beatskillz as wankers. Because their naming is cheezy and when I tested it slam dawg sounded awful. But I got it with trackspark I think. So whatever.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ole_n.html

And this. I'd have definitely bought their bx console for $50 if I hadn't already used my discount coupon this month. Ah well... Their loss. I was waiting and will continue to wait for it to be around $50 again as I already have all other brands of SSL console plugins. So it's not required. For around $50 though I'd get it. Or all three for $99.

This one is their Neve emulation, the SSL ones are the G and the E
Rational wrote:Yes. I also see Beatskillz as wankers. Because their naming is cheezy and when I tested it slam dawg sounded awful. But I got it with trackspark I think. So whatever.

And this. I'd have definitely bought their bx console for $50 if I hadn't already used my discount coupon this month. Ah well... Their loss. I was waiting and will continue to wait for it to be around $50 again as I already have all other brands of SSL console plugins. So it's not required. For around $50 though I'd get it. Or all three for $99.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=503480

At last! AcousticSamples keyboards :tu:

Rational wrote:Yes. I also see Beatskillz as wankers. Because their naming is cheezy and when I tested it slam dawg sounded awful. But I got it with trackspark I think. So whatever.

it's the Neve strip on sale anyway.

I think slam dawg sounds fantastic. So there...
Meh

you slam, dawg....

squibs wrote:I think slam dawg sounds fantastic. So there...
It was written by Carlo of AudioThing fame so I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be half decent. Is it worth the original $79 asking price? Doubtful, but for £1 it's an absolute no brainer.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
squibs wrote:I think slam dawg sounds fantastic. So there...
It was written by Carlo of AudioThing fame so I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be half decent. Is it worth the original $79 asking price? Doubtful, but for £1 it's an absolute no brainer.
My master bus usually has Ferric tape saturation from the get-go, and I add IK Lurrsen Mastering for sweetening when the mix is almost done. I've substituted in Slam Dawg for Lurrsen, on a couple of mixes that merited a more aggressive touch and it worked really well.
Meh

it's the Neve strip on sale anyway.
Thanks. I should have just said 'console emulators' as I group them all together in my mind whether Neve or SSL. But you're correct to point it out. I'll need to up my precision even more in future posts it seems. :)

I already have a ton of both types from everyone. Waves, Presonus, Slate, now Arturia, Kush, on and on... That's why I don't see PA's as being worth a ton no matter how extensive its feature set or quality. It seems like a top choice though don't get me wrong. But it arrived so late in the game that I'm pretty set already. The ability to change each track up to 99 of them to a slightly different tonality nuance is ground breaking though. But still, for me, worth around $50 each or $99 for all three.

As for Slam Dawg. I didn't know the guy from Audiothing wrote it. I like his stuff usually. The graphics are nice. But when I tried it out it just didn't work at all for me on the track I was using it on that day. It seemed to be too extreme at both ends. May be good for some material though perhaps that would need it I guess. Still think they need to get away from the hip hop naming stylizations though. Too limiting from a marketing perspective. I'm not a hip hop guy really so I see it as targeting the cheap hip hop target market segment. Skillz and Dawg? No thanks. I stopped there as it turned me off once I tested slam dawg. I hear their saturator won some awards though, no? Might check into it eventually. There's just other stuff I'd rather buy and look at on my screen than that for now. I'm shallow. I know. But marketing matters. I'm sure it probably sells really well to that target market though.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”