SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

I really like the general character of the synth. Never really bothered with it, because i disliked the GUI on first sight (the Satyatunes skin shown in the video seems much better than the default one though). Maybe time to give it a try. :)

Any chance that we will see MPE compatibility for Arcsyn?

Just to offer another viewpoint, I'm a person who loves the interface. One of my very favorites...

killmaster wrote:Just to offer another viewpoint, I'm a person who loves the interface. One of my very favorites...
and even another viewpoint: i love the silver gui by layzer. :hihi:

btw, i also skinned Klanghelm's FREE DC1-A2 Compressor in a similar
way. those old stove knobs had to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Since we're talking about new videos for ArcSyn I'll do a shameless plug: My 50-minute patch walkthrough for the ArcSyn soundset 'Sputnik' released a few days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kufMblADPk
Link to the Soundware post:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=503197
Purchase links:
https://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn
https://richarddehove.com/soundware/

while i'm not going to listen to a 50-minute (!) demo of patches, will add the soundset to my arsenal tomorrow (when i'm back at my mac); always good to see new sets for this weird, great synth...

I had a great time making that video for it, actually it inspired me to do the new series of under-exposed synths and plugins. Many thanks to Arcsyn.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Yes, the video by Aiyn Zahev shows some really cool sounds, generally it shows that the synth must be very useful in psytrance/psychill context and is capable of some unique sounds.

TBH I wrote the synth off because I couldn't look at the original GUI (very stupid of me, I know) but the one shown in the video is way better, is it the new default skin?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Yes, the video by Aiyn Zahev shows some really cool sounds, generally it shows that the synth must be very useful in psytrance/psychill context and is capable of some unique sounds.

TBH I wrote the synth off because I couldn't look at the original GUI (very stupid of me, I know) but the one shown in the video is way better, is it the new default skin?
Yes, that is the default skin. The previous ones were hilariously ugly.

SPC Plugins wrote: Lots of people have asked for stereo unison, which I'll look into, but ArcSyn's filters can be arranged in a mono signal path, which would cancel out any stereo width added by unison applied to the oscillators, so I'm not sure how to resolve that. In other words, to get a full stereo effect, you'd have to pan the filters left and right, so if the program you've selected doesn't do that, adding unison wouldn't work so well. I promise to do some serious thinking about it though!
Global unison? Like multiplying the whole signal path with controlled stereo spread and perhaps a controlled LFO phase offset between the unison voices. Or does the synth already have this? I don't have it installed ATM.
Stefken wrote: Yes, that is the default skin.
:tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: TBH I wrote the synth off because I couldn't look at the original GUI (very stupid of me, I know) but the one shown in the video is way better, is it the new default skin?
you could use my silver skin if you want a good laugh while composing :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

fisherKing wrote:while i'm not going to listen to a 50-minute (!) demo of patches, will add the soundset to my arsenal tomorrow (when i'm back at my mac); always good to see new sets for this weird, great synth...
First good sounds I've heard for arcsyn. Seems like 98% of the standard ones are cruelly rough and shrill. There are a couple other third-party libraries, but nowhere near this good. :)

Great soundset dude! Just had a click through the video and liked more than half of the patches which is pretty rare. Looking forward to playing around with it.

recursive one wrote:Yes, the video by Aiyn Zahev shows some really cool sounds, generally it shows that the synth must be very useful in psytrance/psychill context and is capable of some unique sounds.

Yeah don't sleep on ArcSyn for anything psychedelic, it quickly became one of my top synths for prawns & FX etc.

The filters & filter distortion are just SO damn creamy it's ridiculous. Loads of fun to be had sequencing atonal lead lines with the LFOs as well.

can't find his soundset though?

Return to “Instruments”