Battery 4 sucks in 2018?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Battery

EnGee wrote:Damn I forgot I have Battery :dog: Forgot to install it in this PC!

Thanks for this thread :D installing now!

Anyway, isn't Machine the Battery that many waited? But NI thought to hardware it! I always thought what is missing in Battery is the sequencer, oh well!
My DAW is my sequencer... :phones:

From time to time I'm giving a shot to other drum samplers, but I always get back to Battery.
And for me it have the most useful library out there. That really depends on what you are doing.
I got Evolution recently and I still can't find my way around it and I'm having trouble finding the right sounds. :shrug:

martinjuenke wrote:
EnGee wrote:Damn I forgot I have Battery :dog: Forgot to install it in this PC!

Thanks for this thread :D installing now!

Anyway, isn't Machine the Battery that many waited? But NI thought to hardware it! I always thought what is missing in Battery is the sequencer, oh well!
My DAW is my sequencer... :phones:
Indeed! It only takes few mins to setup the first beat ready (and it sounds great to me as well!):
Battery 4 in Reaper.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke wrote: My DAW is my sequencer... :phones:
:tu:

Yes Sir...

It's much easier to deal with all of that stuff on a decent screen...

I would like to hear a symphonic score put together on Machine :lol:

I think that Battery is a great tool and I was surprised and rather elated when they brought out v4...

The auto layering function is a real time saver and there's lot's of cool features from the Kontakt engine,but with much more flexibility for playing drum & percussion samples than the big K....

That one is waste of time trying to get drums happening in....

NI were certainly trying to push that feature hard for a while,but it didn't really work...

But they sold a heap of beautiful looking libraries to the deaf punters :party:

Battery's great for percussion type sounds,but it is no serious contender when compared to BFD3 for putting together studio quality drum tracks...

I'm sorry for the people who think that Battery sucks,because they are missing out on using a real gem :wink:
No auto tune...

Regarding Battery 4 and Logic Pro 10.4.1 (or any previous Logic versions) on Sierra- I find it crashes a lot. Does anyone have that experience? I really like the look of Battery - just seems to be really crashy on me.

The crashes are a plot by Apple to make you use their drum thingy in Logic :wink:
No auto tune...

No complaints at all here about Battery 4.

digitalboytn wrote:The crashes are a plot by Apple to make you use their drum thingy in Logic :wink:
Not as erroneous as one may think... for example, i never was able to add my Microsoft account to Mac OS, when i used an iMac. It somehow mysteriously always gave me an error message. ;) May have to do with MS changing the server and account settings, though, but then, Apple never seemed to have bothered to implement the new settings either then.

simonbostock wrote:Regarding Battery 4 and Logic Pro 10.4.1 (or any previous Logic versions) on Sierra- I find it crashes a lot. Does anyone have that experience? I really like the look of Battery - just seems to be really crashy on me.
No problems with High Sierra here...

I have Komplete and use Battery 4. I also have various 1 shot libraries which I use with it. I like the articulations and the modulation. Also, if someone doesn't mind a little manual work of recording at a higher pitch and playing back at a lower pitch, the SP 1200 mode sounds quite good. Great for anyone looking for the 90s hip-hop vibe. The sound library is good, though I think a few kits are duds, but there's enough content for most users to find something worthwhile.
For more complex and realistic drum parts I use 70s drummer for most stuff, or studio drummer. I like that it comes with the patterns which are not a bad way to learn more about drum programming.
For super modern stuff, or more layered drums I use Polyplex sometimes which is pretty cool, though uses a crazy amount of cpu.
Lastly, I recently bought Stacker and I love the sample offset feature where you can visually nudge a samples start time. Great for claps and other full sounds.
Battery is good, but isn't perfect for everything. I hope more drum samplers add the sample offset feature in Stacker which was a no brainer that nobody was implementing before.

As for why should a Maschine user use Battery? There may not be any need for it as I'm guessing most, if not all features would be in Maschine as well.

Can battery 4 load maschine libraries? I have read the libraries are very good but I don't want to use maschine at all, so wondering if maybe Battery can be used just for loading the libraries.
dedication to flying

I think Stacker was discontinued.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

rod_zero wrote:Can battery 4 load maschine libraries? I have read the libraries are very good but I don't want to use maschine at all, so wondering if maybe Battery can be used just for loading the libraries.
Maschine expansions come with all sorts of stuff unique to Maschine, including patterns and presets for synth plugins etc. However, since Maschine expansions were updated as simply "Expansions" they have be reworked to include kits for Battery. That's why NI are doing the free Battery with 2 Expansions offer.

If you check out the specs for each Expansion pack you'll see how many Battery kits are included. e.g. Silky Classic House has 45 MASCHINE Kits and 50 BATTERY Kits.

IMO, Battery should be included with Maschine software anyway.
And Select, might as well include FM8 & Absynth 5 along with Massive as legacy products since it appears they have no desire to upgrade these and only give service updates.

I use it often. It's just fine for laying out one shots and drums. Also there are plenty of third party libraries for it.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”