Cant get my virus ti snow to show up in ableton

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know how to install vst but having a horrible time try to install the snow
It wont come up in my vst folder
Thanks in advance

Don't have a Snow... but... doesn't the software installer let you choose where it installs the TI VST?

I try putting the dll in my vst folder no joy though

No chance to set the VST location from the Virus software installer? You could try to uninstall the software, and install it again, and set the right location then.

Oh, and, make sure you choose the right installer, there's a 32-bit and a 64-bit installer. Maybe you picked the wrong architecture.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah I tryed that but thanks anyway

Alright. Sorry, can't help you any further as i don't own a Virus (unfortunately). Only thing i can think of is that your host blacklists the VST for some reason.

Thanks man :-)

Did you read the process of how to install it/have the Virus hardware connected via USB etc. If I read correctly there is a very specific way of doing it. Having the Virus connected or not at some specific point during the install. Uninstall and carefully read the manual before reinstalling, double check each step.

There are multiple options 32/64 bit and VST3 options, work your way through them based on your DAW install.

Take your time with it and good luck.

edit:

"USB • Important: You must install the TI Software and drivers before connecting the Virus to your computer via USB.
To install: Go to http://www.access-music.de and download the latest build of the Virus TI Snow installer package for your chosen computer platform.
Once downloaded, extract the archive and run the installer. Follow the onscreen instructions carefully, and connect the USB cable when told to do so.
Connect the USB port on the Virus to a dedicated port on your computer using the cable provided or one similar. DO NOT USE A HUB! Sorry to have to shout, but the importance of this cannot be overstated - the Virus needs a USB port all of its own if the large amounts of data involved are to flow freely!
Windows Users: Once the TI Software Suite and drivers have been installed, the Updater application will launch automatically. Please complete the firmware update proceedure to ensure that the internal OS of the the Virus is bang up-to-date.
Mac Users: The firmware of the Virus TI Snow will be updated automatically as part of the installation process."
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Very useful thank you

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom

This is me from adverts looking forward to this tomorrow lol

Return to “Instruments”