Battery 4 sucks in 2018?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Battery

Ah_Dziz wrote:I use it often. It's just fine for laying out one shots and drums. Also there are plenty of third party libraries for it.
Just out of curiosity, how are 3rd party libraries for Battery 4 installed and are there any really great rock acoustic libraries out there?

After saying earlier in the thread that I'd use drum racks or Geist 2, started working on a kit in there this afternoon and found it really easy to use and got a good sound in no time. Think it might (slightly) have the edge on drum racks in terms of workflow but certainly Geist 2 beats it for modulation possibilities and sequencing (although given that Battery doesn't have a sequencer that's no great surprise).

Battery 4 is still my favourite drums/percussion resource. I also like a lot Kong, ReDrum and drums kits in NX-XT in Reason and Groove Agent SE in Cubase (besides Transfuser and Strike), but I like Battery the most overall :)

There are enough acoustic kits in Battery 4 for me. They are few but do the job. The key is programming the beats, which is a very tough task if you are not a drummer (I'm not!).

There are solutions however to overcome this by using external help! I use 3rd party midi patterns/fills as my base or making my own beats (very robotic :hihi: ) and then use 'ReGroove Mixer' in Reason, for example, to apply the specific 'groove' feel which make a huge difference and 'near' professional results :clown:

I like it. I have it with komplete. I use it to trigger live drums/percs and other stuff. very easy to get something going fast.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Mattt12345 wrote:Hey ho,

Because of a special offer i give Battery 4 a try. I do not understand why i should spend 100 bucks for an ,,outdated´´ Programm. I don´t find good Videos about Battery 4 or wow effect on working with it.

am i wrong? Did i miss something or is Battery out to date?
Your out of date because you don't know how to use the tools properly.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

There’s too much overlap with Maschine to develop Battery further. And I wouldn’t be surprised if all the Battery developers are too busy working on Maschine. These days NI only make maintenance releases, I doubt there is a big future for Battery.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

risome wrote:
Mattt12345 wrote:Hey ho,

Because of a special offer i give Battery 4 a try. I do not understand why i should spend 100 bucks for an ,,outdated´´ Programm. I don´t find good Videos about Battery 4 or wow effect on working with it.

am i wrong? Did i miss something or is Battery out to date?
Your out of date because you don't know how to use the tools properly.
What tools are you referring to? It's just a sampler that plays one shots that has effects and basic modulation.

Dont just assume he doesn't know what he's doing cause he doesn't like it.

Battery is ideal if you dont have something like drumrack or some sampler to trigger drums. It seems pointless using it if that's all it does. Like others have said, it has decent samples for all styles of music.

Battery is good because it is boring, in a way. It's a low-stress pad sampler with decent mix effects per-sample. Quick to drop down a few samples, map to keys and tweak sounds a little. If something crazier is needed then it's easy to route to separate channels. It's about workflow rather than unique features.

Is it redundant for Ableton Live users? Maybe. In Reaper it's a lifesaver.

I thank everyone for your opinions and confirmations. I see as Maschine User no reason to go in deep with battery and use that offer from NI.

Have a nice weekend! :)

Battery 3 discontinued but better than B4
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Battery 3 and 4 user here. 4 has few nice things over 3 but also has regressed:
1. Routing is now behind menu
2. Envelope is not shown on top of sample anymore WTF!?
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

noiseboyuk wrote:In fact, that's another thing I've expected for years that has never arrived - Maschine Player. Have no interest in the hardware, but I'd find a software-only version interesting.
That's what I now have! I had Maschine, but when I got Push 2 I gave my Maschine hardware to my stepson who's original V1 Maschine was broken. I still have my license so can use the Maschine sounds without the hardware. An expensive way to arrive there though. :wink:

Battery 4 is the only one I've ever had/used, and I really like the sounds from it. The biggest problem for me is that, as far as I can tell, it's not possible to automate the controls for any of the effects. That would be my main request for Battery 5.

Did they ever add back in the "in-kit preview" in Battery 4? I use that all the time in 3 and I remember it was missing in 4. (At least in early versions.)

Having started using Battery again, I've noticed some odd behaviour with it intermittently scanning for the user library on startup and once when it had already scanned it a few minutes earlier, with a notice from Microsoft Security asking if I wanted to report some files (think they were mostly Samples from Mars, they've been in the folder for ages without issue, and my copy of Battery is legit).

Anyone else experienced this?

Return to “Instruments”