So, what DAW did it for you?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought an NI Maschine Mikro this week. Eventually I'd like to see if the Maschine software can do everything we need but for now I am happy to use it within Orion so we can have the best of both worlds.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:Do you understand the difference between a discussion and a poll? Or do you literally have absolutely nothing to share as to why you use Logic?
Perhaps he / she doesn't have any logical explanation ? :wink:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Yes, that was what I was thinking. After all, that's the case with the vast majority of Apple users.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I think not a single member of KVR is belonging to any vast majority of any kind, but most members believe that a vast majority of whatever is on the wrong planet.
We live in a world of bubbles limited to our own bubble. You miss out the vast majority of possible mind blowing experiences if you don't accept that there is something outside of your bubble...
Assumptions not grounded in your personal experience are worthless...

Right now I am truly madly deeply in love with Ableton Live 10. I switched from FL Studio 12 and I don't think I'm ever looking back. Workflow, interface improvements, instruments, effects, etc in Live 10 compared to previous versions of Live did it for me, along with the cohesive, streamlined, all-in-one-screen approach, its unique session view...BTW, I tried Live several times in the past andt always went running back to FL, not sure why...But not this time. Version 10 absolutely clicked with me. It's wonderful.

i've gone back to Acid Pro 7.

Yorrrrrr wrote:madly deeply in love with Ableton Live 10.
I use different DAWs for different projects, but I finally got around to checking out Ableton, and it does really seem to be a solid product.

I can't record the full output from plugins that produce chords and/or arps using my current DAW MC8, but it's no problem using Ableton.

I'll probably never look back.

BONES wrote:Yes, that was what I was thinking. After all, that's the case with the vast majority of Apple users.
Way to troll, right there, out in the open. It's like you're actively trying to be moderated now.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Reaper is the best daw and rest daw suck and they are made for noobs
:) jk
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Tj Shredder wrote:We live in a world of bubbles limited to our own bubble.
Speak for yourself, don't make assumptions about others.
Assumptions not grounded in your personal experience are worthless...
Not on the internet, my friend. Quite the opposite, in fact - nobody wants to know anything about anyone else's personal experiences, for fear it won't reaffirm their own distorted world view.
Jace-BeOS wrote:
BONES wrote:Yes, that was what I was thinking. After all, that's the case with the vast majority of Apple users.
Way to troll, right there, out in the open. It's like you're actively trying to be moderated now.
Simply stating a fact. Ask anyone you know why they have an iPhone and see if you can get one decent answer. 99 out of 100 people will tell you something like "because it's the best" or "because that's what everyone else has". Very occasionally you might get someone who says something reasonable like "because I really like/need this app that only runs on iOS" and you'll get some who have it supplied by work. What you will never hear is "I made an informed assessment of all my options and iPhone came out as the best choice for my needs". Apple users simply don't think like that. And yes, of course I'm generalising and if you don't fit that profile, that doesn't make my observation any less accurate.

BONES wrote:I just bought an NI Maschine Mikro this week. Eventually I'd like to see if the Maschine software can do everything we need but for now I am happy to use it within Orion so we can have the best of both worlds.
For how much do you get it (if I may ask)? They are selling it here for $499 NZD with Select software.
I'm thinking of getting one after some reading/watching. I like Battery 3/4 a lot, so if it is one step further, I would be glad.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I would use the hardware a lot! I have bought Arturia BeatStep about one year ago and I rarely touch it because its integration with drums software is shit!

Can Machine replaces Battery completely? Or is it completely a different software? Also, does Machine software works like a VSTi inside a DAW? Is it a DAW iteself? Does it support ReWire?

I think I need to look for answers before I have uncontrollable GAS :hihi:

BONES wrote:Do you understand the difference between a discussion and a poll? Or do you literally have absolutely nothing to share as to why you use Logic?
What you fail to understand is that the question should not be "Why do you use Logic?"; rather, we might seek to enquire why everyone else isn't

What DAW did it for me?

So far, none, i guess. Thinking about switching back to Cubase Artist ATM, from Studio One. :D I somehow miss that GUI... and the nice tools which come with it.

BONES wrote:Simply stating a fact. Ask anyone you know why they have an iPhone and see if you can get one decent answer. 99 out of 100 people will tell you something like "because it's the best" or "because that's what everyone else has". Very occasionally you might get someone who says something reasonable like "because I really like/need this app that only runs on iOS" and you'll get some who have it supplied by work. What you will never hear is "I made an informed assessment of all my options and iPhone came out as the best choice for my needs". Apple users simply don't think like that. And yes, of course I'm generalising and if you don't fit that profile, that doesn't make my observation any less accurate.
The only problem I see here is that it doesn't actually matter what phone any particular person uses. It's their money, anyway. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Clearly that's incorrect, as most people use the knowledge of what others are using to make their own purchasing decisions, instead of finding out for themselves. It's an example of a wider situation.
EnGee wrote:For how much do you get it (if I may ask)? They are selling it here for $499 NZD with Select software.
I'm thinking of getting one after some reading/watching. I like Battery 3/4 a lot, so if it is one step further, I would be glad.
It was Au$439. We looked at Battery, too, and we will still get it ( because it's free with two Expansions at the moment) but this definitely goes several steps further. The bummer for me with Battery is having to do all my sequencing in the piano roll. Playing it in from hardware pads is way more fun!
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I would use the hardware a lot! I have bought Arturia BeatStep about one year ago and I rarely touch it because its integration with drums software is shit!
Yeah, I think that's Maschine's big advantage - you can use the hardware to do everything, you don't need a mouse at all, although a lot of things are easier with a mouse, so using both makes the most sense.
Can Machine replaces Battery completely? Or is it completely a different software?
It is definitely different but so far the only thing I've noticed that isn't there is Battery's excellent Humanise control. I imagine that's because humans can play stuff in, so it has quantise instead. But the layout is also quite similar in many ways, so it will feel familiar.
Also, does Machine software works like a VSTi inside a DAW? Is it a DAW iteself?
Yes and yes, although I don't know how good a DAW it would be all on it's own. It would probably depend on your needs.
Does it support ReWire?
I don't think so but I'm not certain. The manual is 880 pages but there is no ReWire entry in the index. Is there even a 64 bit version of ReWire? Because Maschine is 64 bit only.
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:What you fail to understand is that the question should not be "Why do you use Logic?"; rather, we might seek to enquire why everyone else isn't
I'd have thought the answer to that was rather obvious - because it can only run on about 8% of the computers in the world and, sadly for those people, that 8% are overpriced rubbish.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”