K Brown Synth Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For whatever reason, these plugs do not work in my DAW / on my system.
Even just loading one of them freezes my computer and I have to control+alt+delete my ass right out of dodge! :hihi:
They look great from the photos and they get rave reviews here on KVR, but I've got a plethora of excellent free & commercial stuff so I can live without 'em. 8)

I would like to add I'm playing with the Chorg 20 and I'm blown away. I agree that circuitry makes a synth have certain abilities and I'm fine with that. It's uniqueness I'm after, so if I get a classic synths cousin or distant relative it's almost better for me than getting an exact replica.

Thanks K Brown for your efforts and your gracious attempt to correct items which you learning - it pays off. Really enjoying the Chorg serious in particular.

Also fwiw I run 64bit Reaper and I have never had a single problem with any 32 bit vst, and I've spent the last 8 months on vst4free. Might be something worth considering if you were thinking of Reaper anyway.

The EZQ-1 has a nag screen each time I change the preset asking for filename.txt. Is there a way to avoid this?
I´m doing presets for EZQ FM, And i´d do some also for EZQ-1 although they're not compatible, but that filename menu is annoying for copy & paste presets.
ANd it's be great to get a modulation socket for the WAVE index for each oscillator on the EZQ1.
Also, I´ve found a LACK of low frequencies. It seems the frequencies have been cut after teh filter. If I set the Hipass resonance at max and tweak the HP frequency to a los value, I start hearing the Sine overload in hig frequencies, but as I turn the knob down, the resonance dissappears as i roll down from 100Hz... Maybe exists a Lo-Cut?

wikter wrote: Also, I´ve found a LACK of low frequencies. It seems the frequencies have been cut after teh filter. If I set the Hipass resonance at max and tweak the HP frequency to a los value, I start hearing the Sine overload in hig frequencies, but as I turn the knob down, the resonance dissappears as i roll down from 100Hz... Maybe exists a Lo-Cut?
Ok, I´ve found that the "filter" control under the oscillator is an EQ that cuts frequencies. I overlooked it.

EZQ-1 has received a few updates/refinements, including a handful of simple presets for basic starting points.

Since most who have used the synths that use wavetables have been irritated by the wave-load menus(s) that pop up when the synths are opened (and very few are using the feature of allowing the loading of one's own wavetables), I've removed that 'LOAD' feature.

Most of the changes were GUI tweaks to make the panel a little clearer/less cluttered. To lessen confusion about the function of the simple filters in each 'DCO', LP and HP labels have been added on either side of the sliders that change from black to white when the sliders are moved from the 0 center position, indicating that a filter has been applied.

When '2>3 FM' cross-mod is activated, a label appears next to DCO 2's output level knob to indicate that it now controls the FM modulation depth.

Unable to download EZQ-1, Windows defender is reporting it as "Virus Detected" and blocks the download.
:tu: All is good

I just replaced the .dll with a copy from my virus-scrubbed Mac; see if that makes a difference.

ANd it's be great to get a modulation socket for the WAVE index for each oscillator on the EZQ1.
Not sure what you mean by 'WAVE index', but if it's the waveform selector, that's not a modulate-able parameter; it's a simple switch for selecting from a list of wavetables.

kevin brown wrote:
Not sure what you mean by 'WAVE index', but if it's the waveform selector, that's not a modulate-able parameter; it's a simple switch for selecting from a list of wavetables.
That's the idea. But well, I'll automate it from the DAW

kevin brown wrote:I just replaced the .dll with a copy from my virus-scrubbed Mac; see if that makes a difference.
Many thanks Kevin. Downloaded :tu:
:tu: All is good

kevin brown wrote:My own musical taste runs along Eno/Aphex Twin - any presets I'd be likely to make would have very limited appeal and not show off the synths the way most would expect to hear.
Dude, what the softsynth world desperately needs more of are Eno/AT inspired presets. There are quite enough shitty organs and brass presets already. You might be surprised at how non-obscure those artists are too, btw. Cult icons. ;)

@Wagtunes - Idk if you're still monitoring this thread, but I saw some of your earlier posts and even though they are rather old, just wanted to point out that Reaper has built in plugin bridging AND an audio routing feature called ReaRoute that would allow you to play your 32-bit plugs in Reaper while the tracks' audio streams right into 64-bit Cubase. It's not that hard to do and can't mess up your system.

Love these ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hi!
I've been working with 'M' and i've found that there's some modulations that don't work as I'd expecto to do.
The first thing is that I can't find VELOCITY in the modulation sources.
Second, is that when i use the keyboard tracking in the filter i can hardly hear the difference althgouhg the modulation is at the maximum and i press 5 octave different notes... Can't hear the filter closing o opening while i'm moving the knob.

The fact is that it sound pretty huge and wide, but the impossibility of Velocity modulation is a big lack.

Here you go; Velocity added -

https://ln.sync.com/dl/173b4c100/fnr6w5 ... w-hqvwu472

Couldn't find anything wrong with the Filter Keyboard tracking (?).

Now also updated with Martin Vicanek's low-distortion, custom-coded oscillators.

By the way, all - there's an e-mail link at the upper right of my web page if you find anything amiss with a plugin. I'm afraid I'm a little late to the Velocity party - as these were all initially made just for my own use, I overlooked it on most of them in favor of aftertouch because I don't have much in the way of keyboard chops, but wanted aftertouch to be able play them with my ancient Casio Digital Horn which sends AT msgs instead of Breath Controller. Hopefully I'll get around to adding Velo to all them eventually.

https://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/

Return to “Instruments”