9%
2 - Sometimes
27%
3 - Never
65%

Total votes: 94

RELATED
PRODUCTS

We need Rewire Over LAN. This would be networking mecca.

Jace-BeOS wrote:I never found it convenient. Actually, I found it the opposite of convenient. Oh well.
Yeah me too - it never seems to work right half the time, too much hassle

Debutante wrote:We need Rewire Over LAN. This would be networking mecca.
Try Dante or AVB, the one is an industry standard, the other a real standard. If you want to connect more than two computers, Dante is cheaper, as it works with standard switches...

I've never used it, which is a little odd I guess when I use Renoise and Reaper. It's so common for the two to be used together since they both lack things the other includes. Maybe one of these days I'll find a good workflow using them with Rewire.

Debutante wrote:We need Rewire Over LAN. This would be networking mecca.
Audio over LAN? Wouldn't that be latency mecca as well? ;)

No... Over WLAN it would

I've been Rewiring Reason into Ableton Live lately and it lets me use what I love about Reason (especially voice/pitch tools and instruments) while bypassing its horrid sequencer.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:04 am I never found it convenient. Actually, I found it the opposite of convenient. Oh well.
Inconvenient. Yup, that pretty much sums Rewire up.

Used to rewire Reason to... Some other DAW. Though it's 17 years ago so can't really remember much about it anymore. But these days I don't need it.

In the 15 or so years I've used Reason, there was about 6 years in the middle when I heavily rewired to cakewalk made a load of songs. Worked fine, but the biggest pain in the ass ever when I had to reload and export everything moving to another DAW -- which is why I tried to keep Reason as my main DAW in more recent years.

However now that I'm on Cubase I'm annoyed I tried as hard as I did to support Propellerhead. It certainly brought out the 'props can do no wrong' defenders on any critical post regardless of merit, didn't win any popularity awards, and didn't seem to make much a difference to Propellerhead's strategy....

...but more importantly, Propellerhead have absolutely no way to 'catch up' in the DAW arena, no chance at all. They are SO far behind, I now understand why they're focusing on Mobile, web and other sideline revenue sources. Up until a week ago I figured I'd be using Rewire again from here on out - I just uninstalled Reason instead. Not only is there no need for it anymore, but its held me back, and didn't realize it because I've spent the last 15 years in "software I was comfortable with" mode, having been so burned with the rewire exporting mess I had to go through years ago.

I'll miss Parsec a bit, but only because I spent a long time with it, already found some alternatives on my Radar. So no more thinking about what is best for Props, its now what's best for me -- Propellerhead should port their Stuff to VST -- its the only thing I may want from them if I can be bothered to stop working in Cubase for a minute. But even then, good luck with the competition there - with DAWs you had a dozen or so real competitors - with VSTs there's billions that do pretty much the same thing.

Take it from me, avoid Rewire unless you plan on using it forever. I thought I would, I was wrong.
Have you tried Vital?

i rewire reason 10, as slave, within cubase 10 pro, host. no problems. works.
also reaper works.. as slave..

I still use Rewire to use Reason synths in Logic. Since Link came along, I don't rewire into Live anymore, it's more fun just to sync the two and then bounce the individual tracks for mixing.

I've been using it to rewire Reason and Reaper into Mulab. I used to use it all the time. I just recently updated Reason and plan on using it more.

Nope. I mean, I check it with other hosts but right now Reason is my one and only so nothing to rewire.

too much hassle and once I started to know what I was doing, no need for it like at all

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”