SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

Aiynzahev wrote:I had a great time making that video for it, actually it inspired me to do the new series of under-exposed synths and plugins. Many thanks to Arcsyn.
I love your videos, please do more of those. :tu:

@aMUSEd: I don't think there is one yet. All the soundsets should be listed here: https://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/collections/all

Yes I looked - was just surprised as he seems to have made some

btw there's a user project on the NI forum to integrate Arcsyn into NI NKS at the moment - I have created a controller template, database entries and thumbnails for the browser here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ve48k7cvg6xo ... pi3pa?dl=0

and a forum friend who can do batch conversion scripting is now using this to generate user patches and previews with the template applied - I'll post links to those when done

aMUSEd wrote:btw there's a user project on the NI forum to integrate Arcsyn into NI NKS at the moment - I have created a controller template, database entries and thumbnails for the browser here:

and a forum friend who can do batch conversion scripting is now using this to generate user patches and previews with the template applied - I'll post links to those when done
Yay! Thanks for this! Looking forward to the patches and previews!

Yeah no sound banks for ArcSyn from me yet, I might start working on it now and hopefully the unison will be implemented soon!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Anybody else still having issues with patches not recalling correctly?

I used a few patches from Sputnik in a song I started last night and they all sound wrong today until I switch to another patch and then back to the original. It doesn't appear to be from modwheel position not recalling correctly as I've tried the full range of modwheel positions on the incorrectly recalled patch and none of them sound anywhere near how they did when they were first loaded.

EDIT: Ah I can see what's happening, all the mod matrix entries are being reassigned when reloading a patch, i.e. mod matrix slot 1 gets assigned to Osc 1 Frq (the first available parameter in the list), slot 2 gets assigned to Osc 2 Frq etc.

I'll submit a bug report.

Aiynzahev wrote:Yeah no sound banks for ArcSyn from me yet, I might start working on it now and hopefully the unison will be implemented soon!
hi aiyn, i would love to see a soundset from you for arcsyn :tu:
p.s. i also like the walkthrough for the sputnik soundset

Hez wrote:EDIT: Ah I can see what's happening, all the mod matrix entries are being reassigned when reloading a patch, i.e. mod matrix slot 1 gets assigned to Osc 1 Frq (the first available parameter in the list), slot 2 gets assigned to Osc 2 Frq etc.

Check to see if you have the latest version - I think this was a bug that was corrected - but maybe not for your DAW?

Bodhisan wrote:
Hez wrote:EDIT: Ah I can see what's happening, all the mod matrix entries are being reassigned when reloading a patch, i.e. mod matrix slot 1 gets assigned to Osc 1 Frq (the first available parameter in the list), slot 2 gets assigned to Osc 2 Frq etc.

Check to see if you have the latest version - I think this was a bug that was corrected - but maybe not for your DAW?
Is there a way to check via the GUI? I'm not actually sure how to check which version is installed, though I'm 99% sure I installed the latest version with the Bitwig parameter fix. I'm actually using Bitwig so perhaps the fix led to other issues with patch recall.

Hez wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:

Is there a way to check via the GUI? I'm not actually sure how to check which version is installed, though I'm 99% sure I installed the latest version with the Bitwig parameter fix. I'm actually using Bitwig so perhaps the fix led to other issues with patch recall.
Hold your mouse over the text display (the one that shows what you'd hovering over) and it will display there.

Nice one, thanks. Yeah this issue affects the latest version then (at least in Bitwig on Windows).

killmaster wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:btw there's a user project on the NI forum to integrate Arcsyn into NI NKS at the moment - I have created a controller template, database entries and thumbnails for the browser here:

Unfortunately we have hit a snag, not sure if this is a bug in Arcsyn or KK but quite a few patches saved in it either make no sound or don't sound right when reloaded, it's as if it is not saving all the data needed for recall. Need to try in other hosts (one that has this problem is sequences/happy). Same problem in Maschine so it's not just KK.

aMUSEd wrote:
killmaster wrote:

Unfortunately we have hit a snag, not sure if this is a bug in Arcsyn or KK but quite a few patches saved in it either make no sound or don't sound right when reloaded, it's as if it is not saving all the data needed for recall. Need to try in other hosts (one that has this problem is sequences/happy). Same problem in Maschine so it's not just KK.
I'm experiencing different sounds when reloading patches in Bitwig at the moment, in touch with Steven at the moment so hopefully bottoming it out there will sort it for you guys too.

OK reported it as a bug

aMUSEd wrote:OK reported it as a bug
The last version that works without the introduced (2.x) bugs, is 1.7.4.

I hope they will fix 2.x soon

Return to “Instruments”