Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at age 28

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm shocked. Just 28 years old.
I would have never ever expected him to die so young. From what we know from the press, his health issues were important (and that's a bad premise on a long term), but it also seems he took them seriously in the last few years (for example when he decided to stop touring). I wouldn't have been completely surprised if I heard of more health issues in the next few years (you know, once you start been ill...), but I never ever thought he would have died so young (regardless his death is related or not to his health issues).
He was just a few years younger than me... I mean: it's really hard to accept that someone of roughly your age, with a whole life to live, has to say goodbye. Sometimes it happen, but it's too much early.
I've never been a fan of his music, but I'm shocked on a human-basis, it's a really sad news.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Yes, 28 years is a short life by modern standards.
A 28-year intermezzo in billions of years of non-existence before and afterwards...

Also not a big fan of his music, but the talent was definitely there (I would have been interested in hearing less commercial stuff from him). Dying at 28... that's seriously shocking.

RIP Tim.

e@rs wrote:Also not a big fan of his music, but the talent was definitely there (I would have been interested in hearing less commercial stuff from him). Dying at 28... that's seriously shocking.

RIP Tim.
Talented for sure, and also brave imo, as he actually tried to make EDM sound different, less "commercial", fusing different musical styles. Some people would have jeopardized their careers just by trying, but Tim pulled it off.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:Anyway, guess it's true then. Apparently, he also struggled with alcohol addiction, and some pancreas illness.
Young people and their drug problems, I will never get it, frankly :?

then i guess you've never been a 13 year old girl doctor...

although its a line from a film, it suggests that we are all different.
also, say thanks, for the fact you don't get it.

28 is a terrible age to go.

i feel for his family :(

vurt wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:Anyway, guess it's true then. Apparently, he also struggled with alcohol addiction, and some pancreas illness.
Young people and their drug problems, I will never get it, frankly :?

then i guess you've never been a 13 year old girl doctor...

although its a line from a film, it suggests that we are all different.
also, say thanks, for the fact you don't get it.
Being different is fine with me, but deliberately destroying one's one and only body is just silly, sorry.

im not suggesting its a logical course of action, im saying its one of the many things that is part of the human condition.
emotions and emotional well being is a complicated subject.

Yes, some people are just off, poor them...

Extremely sad to hear that...

Avicii was one of those Electronic music artists who inspired young teens like me to get into Music Production.

RIP Tim :(

Didn't like his newer stuff, especially that wake me up song. But no doubt a great talent, also came across as a really nice guy too. RIP.

Agreed, very nice guy. His death came too soon. RIP

MrBauer wrote:Agreed, very nice guy. His death came too soon. RIP
His tragic death came a year too late for him to become a member of the 27 Club :(
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:
MrBauer wrote:Agreed, very nice guy. His death came too soon. RIP
His tragic death came a year too late for him to become a member of the 27 Club :(
Seriously?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

While he was well known within the EDM scene, I bet the vast majority of the general population had never heard of him. When Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra died, almost everyone knew who those were, modern "stars" on the other hand have a rather limited scope.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”