Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Rational
KVRist

462 posts since 30 Oct, 2009

Postby Rational; Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:23 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

it's the Neve strip on sale anyway.

Thanks. I should have just said 'console emulators' as I group them all together in my mind whether Neve or SSL. But you're correct to point it out. I'll need to up my precision even more in future posts it seems. :)

I already have a ton of both types from everyone. Waves, Presonus, Slate, now Arturia, Kush, on and on... That's why I don't see PA's as being worth a ton no matter how extensive its feature set or quality. It seems like a top choice though don't get me wrong. But it arrived so late in the game that I'm pretty set already. The ability to change each track up to 99 of them to a slightly different tonality nuance is ground breaking though. But still, for me, worth around $50 each or $99 for all three.

As for Slam Dawg. I didn't know the guy from Audiothing wrote it. I like his stuff usually. The graphics are nice. But when I tried it out it just didn't work at all for me on the track I was using it on that day. It seemed to be too extreme at both ends. May be good for some material though perhaps that would need it I guess. Still think they need to get away from the hip hop naming stylizations though. Too limiting from a marketing perspective. I'm not a hip hop guy really so I see it as targeting the cheap hip hop target market segment. Skillz and Dawg? No thanks. I stopped there as it turned me off once I tested slam dawg. I hear their saturator won some awards though, no? Might check into it eventually. There's just other stuff I'd rather buy and look at on my screen than that for now. I'm shallow. I know. But marketing matters. I'm sure it probably sells really well to that target market though.
protooler
KVRer

8 posts since 23 Mar, 2018

Postby protooler; Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

With all the recent changes to Plugin Alliance vouchers recently, does anyone know if you can still use multiple vouchers in a month?
SolarAxix
KVRist

88 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Postby SolarAxix; Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

protooler wrote:With all the recent changes to Plugin Alliance vouchers recently, does anyone know if you can still use multiple vouchers in a month?

While I've not tried it, their email with the voucher has the following sentence at the bottom of the email:

Plugin Alliance April Voucher e-mail wrote:*Each account will only be able to use one voucher per tier.

That would seem to mean that you should still be able to use different tiers of vouchers (e.g. $25, $35, $50, $75).
Nocturnal909
KVRist

137 posts since 17 Nov, 2007, from PA USA

Postby Nocturnal909; Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I couldn't upgrade my BeatSkillz Bollywood Maharaja Drums to 2.....
I bought mine from JRRshop. So if you buy from Pluginboutique etc, 3rd party too?
Below is the email they sent back.

Hi (my name),

we do not register third-party purchases in our database anymore.

Thanks and let us know how we can assist you further.

Regards,
-
Bharat Singh
Product, Artist Relations, and Support Manager
Beatskillz
jbarish
KVRist

234 posts since 27 Apr, 2017

Postby jbarish; Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Nocturnal909 wrote:I couldn't upgrade my BeatSkillz Bollywood Maharaja Drums to 2.....
I bought mine from JRRshop. So if you buy from Pluginboutique etc, 3rd party too?

Hi (my name),

Regards,
-
Bharat Singh
Beatskillz

That is some Slammin' customer support, DAWG!
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2635 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:51 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Nocturnal909 wrote:I couldn't upgrade my BeatSkillz Bollywood Maharaja Drums to 2.....

Hi (my name),

Regards,
-
Bharat Singh
Beatskillz

This was my first customer experience with Beatskillz too. I bought a secondhand license here in the Buy & Sell and Beatskillz didn't want anything to do with it. You had to have an account on the website to even get access to the installer download - and you could only get that through purchasing on the website. So literally they were like "get the other guy to send you the installer - bye!". But what happens when you update the plugin, how will I get the installer if you have no record/account of me owning the plugin?

Must be that world famous Indian customer service :clap:
dandezebra
KVRian

594 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:53 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I got same E-mail after PB purchase
Rational
KVRist

462 posts since 30 Oct, 2009

Postby Rational; Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:59 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Haha! Well, that clinches it for me. I won't buy anything from them until they up their game. This just proves to me they're a 5th tier player who isn't serious about their business. Which as I said is reflected in their cheezy naming choices. This confirms the cheezyness isn't limited just to their poor taste.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

11024 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:01 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Rational wrote:

Haha! Well, that clinches it for me. I won't buy anything from them until they up their game. This just proves to me they're a 5th tier player who isn't serious about their business. Which as I said is reflected in their cheezy naming choices. This confirms the cheezyness isn't limited just to their poor taste.

Spot on! I'm with you there. Bad naming reflects a lack of seriousness and it's a red flag for me also.
v1o
KVRian

1051 posts since 1 Oct, 2004

Postby v1o; Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:48 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

When did Tal Sampler last go on sale?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
Fleer
KVRAF

3680 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

dandezebra wrote:I got same E-mail after PB purchase

PluginBoutique takes care of updates if any.
Smooth sailing on everything I bought from them.
Tappistry
KVRian

826 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Fleer wrote:

Same experience here.

Though I agree with the sentiments ITT. The fact that he refuses to directly support licenses purchased from third party sites is pretty ridiculous. I’ve got both of the Maharaja drums and they’re great-sounding samples, imo. I just only buy his stuff on deep discount.
Last edited by Tappistry on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleer
KVRAF

3680 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:15 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

+1 :)
jsp1979
KVRAF

2851 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

v1o wrote:When did Tal Sampler last go on sale?

They had a 40% off sale on Black Friday (late November 2017). I think that was the last one.
KeithAdv
KVRist

140 posts since 18 Mar, 2006

Postby KeithAdv; Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Tappistry wrote:
Fleer wrote:

Same experience here.

Though I agree with the sentiments ITT. The fact that he refuses to directly support licenses purchased from third party sites is pretty ridiculous. I’ve got both of the Maharaja drums and they’re great-sounding samples, imo. I just only buy his stuff on deep discount.

I had the same experience when I bought Maharaja drums 1 (I have the second one, now, too--also third-party on deep discount). What surprises me is not that it's non-existent customer service, it's incredibly inept marketing. Who are your #1 potential customers to target for new products? Your already existing customers! They have no way to build and market to a database of existing customers because they won't register them. They're simply throwing potential earnings away. Goofballs.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)