Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
hellishvictor
KVRist

104 posts since 29 Apr, 2008

Postby hellishvictor; Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 am Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Hi

I can't believe that with the amount of core devices that Live has, there's not a pitch-shifter among them (and with this, a don't mean a M4L device). Some sites point to do some tweaking with Grain Delay, but the result is very poor. I see myself using Artillery, since Madshifta has not 64-bit version, and its the most close thing I have found.

Cheers
Kinh
KVRian

1078 posts since 25 Aug, 2012

Postby Kinh; Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:13 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

There is. It's called frequency shifter in your audio effects
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

4248 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Kinh wrote:There is. It's called frequency shifter in your audio effects

Which is not a pitch shifter.

One option maybe, though it's a massive kludge, is to record the audio, dupe it and pitch a copy using the Elastique conversion in the loop toolbox and blend it in by mixing the two channels in a group.
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2768 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Clip manager transpose, and e.g. drum rack /sampler include pitch shifters.

BTW, a good definition for pitch vs. frequency shifting, here:

https://ask.audio/articles/abletons-fre ... o-i-use-it
Kinh
KVRian

Postby Kinh; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:37 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Whatever you petty idiots. Clearly a frequency shifter alters the pitch. The op was after a device not some dodgy work around and thats the closest thing. Answer the bloody question. If you cant then shut up. Morons. hehehe.
Guenon
KVRian

1470 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Postby Guenon; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Kinh wrote:Whatever you petty idiots. Clearly a frequency shifter alters the pitch. The op was after a device not some dodgy work around and thats the closest thing.

Huh? It definitely is a different thing. If you need a pitch shifter, you can't do what you're after with a frequency shifter. Nothing petty about that, I assure you :)! You were just casually wrong; it happens. This follow-up reaction of yours is quite surprising, considering.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26004 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:44 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Kinh wrote:Whatever you petty idiots. Clearly a frequency shifter alters the pitch. The op was after a device not some dodgy work around and thats the closest thing. Answer the bloody question. If you cant then shut up. Morons. hehehe.

Here, have some clue:

"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Guenon
KVRian

1470 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Postby Guenon; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

whyterabbyt wrote:Here, have some clue:

Yeah, Harry already linked that above, and it still got that reaction, that's what I found to be so weird :)
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26004 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Guenon wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Here, have some clue:

Yeah, Harry already linked that above

oops, so he did.

and it still got that reaction, that's what I found to be so weird :)

Its perfectly consistent with that poster's usual MO, though.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2768 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Guenon wrote:
Kinh wrote:Whatever you petty idiots. Clearly a frequency shifter alters the pitch. The op was after a device not some dodgy work around and thats the closest thing.

Huh? It definitely is a different thing. If you need a pitch shifter, you can't do what you're after with a frequency shifter. Nothing petty about that, I assure you :)! You were just casually wrong; it happens. This follow-up reaction of yours is quite surprising, considering.

Its waste of time to give any logical response for that type of person.
Its obviously not just because of a bad weekend, but It's a chronic discomfort. :hyper:
Hink
Rad Grandad

27029 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:35 am Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Kinh wrote:Whatever you petty idiots. Clearly a frequency shifter alters the pitch. The op was after a device not some dodgy work around and thats the closest thing. Answer the bloody question. If you cant then shut up. Morons. hehehe.

and now we see why posts like this serve no one :?
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
Kinh
KVRian

Postby Kinh; Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:55 pm Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

hellishvictor wrote:Hi

I can't believe that with the amount of core devices that Live has, there's not a pitch-shifter among them (and with this, a don't mean a M4L device). Some sites point to do some tweaking with Grain Delay, but the result is very poor. I see myself using Artillery, since Madshifta has not 64-bit version, and its the most close thing I have found.

Cheers

Little Alter Boy is the one I use. But for transitions especially on beat elements and vocal chops frequency shifter is 1st choice. It comes down to what pitch effect you need. You wanna squeeze the life out of it then go frequency.
Kinh
KVRian

Postby Kinh; Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

Guenon wrote:

Oh, my-oh-my! I cant honestly understand such an impertinent reaction..Oh dear! :lol:

Thanks, C-3PO.
Now look up the word 'devices' while you're on the subject of definitions.
tooneba
KVRian

1042 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Postby tooneba; Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm Re: Ableton Live - Pitch Shifter

:hihi:

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)