Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

nope sorry, we won't get that deep into this kind of synthesis. This would require a new synth.
btw you can do a lot more than it may seem on first sight with the comb... for example route combs in combs or shapers between, the input level is also changing sound

I still can't believe Avicii die in his honor it would be nice if you guys made a progressive house expansion with some Avicii type of leads and kick bass. Legends never die sad day today he left great music

Feature Request:

Would it be possible please, to add a send slider (in the routing section) for the filters. Or a Dry/Wet control on the filter itself?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Am I wrong or was there a 20% off Avenger banks just recently? Got my eyes on a couple

audington wrote:Am I wrong or was there a 20% off Avenger banks just recently? Got my eyes on a couple
Not wrong. That was the Easter special which is no longer available.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... PS-Avenger

Plugin Boutique extended the offer apparently.

jmg8 wrote:Yes I am aware of the Comb Key filter. I have used it loads and love it. But I was looking for something a little more advanced. The comb filter is good for string sounds but that's about it. Some more physical modelling is more what I was suggesting. Different types of resonators can model drum skins/bodies, tubes, wood, metal, different shapes/materials etc etc.
You might want to try Falcon for this, it has a physically modelled pluck oscillator - but to be honest, it's not that big of a feature in the end, I mean the sounds that are made by this could really be made just by combining a pluck sample with a subtractive or fm synth. Don't get me wrong, I love Falcon as much as Avenger.

hollyWorse wrote:
jmg8 wrote:Yes I am aware of the Comb Key filter. I have used it loads and love it. But I was looking for something a little more advanced. The comb filter is good for string sounds but that's about it. Some more physical modelling is more what I was suggesting. Different types of resonators can model drum skins/bodies, tubes, wood, metal, different shapes/materials etc etc.
You might want to try Falcon for this, it has a physically modelled pluck oscillator - but to be honest, it's not that big of a feature in the end, I mean the sounds that are made by this could really be made just by combining a pluck sample with a subtractive or fm synth. Don't get me wrong, I love Falcon as much as Avenger.
Hehe you didn't read my post? :)
jmg8 wrote:MSVS would you consider a resonating OSC at some point in the future?

There is one in Falcon called "Pluck" and AAS have one called "Cromaphone"

The idea is that there is an "exciter" like a mallet, drumstick, finger, noise or even a sample.
This excites the "resonator" which can be a drum head, guitar string, wooden block, metal tube etc.

They are very flexible and can make sounds like guitars, marimbas, drums, pluck synths, tonal percussion etc.

It would be a great addition to Avenger when used in combination with the existing sound generators.

Would be great if you could consider developing it. There are not many of them around but they work really nicely (especially Pluck in Falcon) and if the same development went into it as the rest of the features in Avenger, I imagine it would blow the competition out of the water!
Anyhow, FM doesn't get anything similar in sound. It has to resonate and create a tail. The comb key filter will have to be enough. Maybe in the future they would consider adding a few more resonating filters that are key tracked.
I like Falcons sound generators, but I dislike the modulation system.
Although Avenger has a little less flexibility than Falcon, it is made up for in speed! The workflow is amazing.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

really great instrument

About VMAN

would be great if i can purchase cloud storage and store my presets right in there, add my own expansions to it

Help please!
I wanted to get some phase distortion I assign an LFO to the phase put 75 percent and 1/16 rate but I didn't get any distortion or any change only the numbers in the phase changing. Those this mean you can get this to happen in Avenger?

no thats not possible, we use real FM instead of PM, what you are trying to modulate there seems just to be the osc's starting phase :)

Edit: just realized, our Shaper "Fold" is something very similar.

I attached 2 Avenger presets as an example how you can use it, should sound close to what you are trying to achieve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msvs wrote:no, its sample based "live" loops, following your chords, tempo and pitch. Difficult to explain, video soon
Seems very close to virtual automatic arranger module. This is something that is missing from VSTi world for some obscure reason. There is simply no no equivalent of Korg PA, Yamaha Genos, Tyros or any simple Casio/Roland keyboard in no VSTi. I've seen You doing tutorial clips sitting at the Yamaha Tyros, if I'm not mistaken. Can't be more excited of what You are planning to turn Avenger into next. Hopefully a full fledged VSTi keyboard machine with the best quality sound engine one can find:)
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

I'm wondering if ther's a way to save a .grnlr file from withing AVENGER similar to how it's possible to export a .table file from within resample module?
... so far the only way i've managed to create a .grnlr file is by using the files section in the browser and then right clicking on a .wav and then using that menu to 'convert granular file'.
I find that to be a bit cumbersome.

my current workflow is using Resonic Pro to drag files into the granular module. That's super fast and works great!
the only problem is that these files then seem to be referenced by my created preset, and when I then try to publish my expansion, these referenced files don't seem to actually get collected into the published expansion.

woops! I just realized that the granular data actually gets saved as part of the .avgr file.
very cool:)

msvs wrote:no thats not possible, we use real FM instead of PM, what you are trying to modulate there seems just to be the osc's starting phase :)

Edit: just realized, our Shaper "Fold" is something very similar.

I attached 2 Avenger presets as an example how you can use it, should sound close to what you are trying to achieve.
Thank you for the examples Yes I was able to accomplish the same with the FM and an lfo to a fast rate and the shaper fold it has a lot of potential. Thank you

Return to “Instruments”