Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

adamtrance wrote:I have some other ideas for Oscillators as well which the virus doesnt have ;)
Not so sure about the wavetable grain, but the wavetable formant...I'm not sure how different that is from a Vowel Oscillator or Formant Filter, but I imagine they would essentially get you the same results: it's all about synthesizing and using vocals

Shiek927 wrote:
adamtrance wrote:I have some other ideas for Oscillators as well which the virus doesnt have ;)
Not so sure about the wavetable grain, but the wavetable formant...I'm not sure how different that is from a Vowel Oscillator or Formant Filter, but I imagine they would essentially get you the same results: it's all about synthesizing and using vocals
I think the formant wavetable modes in Virus TI have little to do, if anything, with a formant filter. I'm not sure how exactly they work but the sounds one can get by modulating their parameters rather resemble sync warp in Serum than a formant filter.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:
I think the formant wavetable modes in Virus TI have little to do, if anything, with a formant filter. I'm not sure how exactly they work but the sounds one can get by modulating their parameters rather resemble sync warp in Serum than a formant filter.
I think it's some sort of formant shift, similar to the shift on i.e. Reason's Malström. It does sound a little similar to sync.

eXode wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:
I think it's some sort of formant shift, similar to the shift on i.e. Reason's Malström. It does sound a little similar to sync.
I am not familiar with Reason but i think yes, this is what formant oscillators in Virus actually do. They have a knob called formant shift, the manual says it shifts the pitch of the formants by semitones. I have no idea what this technically means. Does it pick a spectrum band and shifts its pitch relative to the rest of the spectrum?

recursive one wrote:
eXode wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:
I am not familiar with Reason but i think yes, this is what formant oscillators in Virus actually do. They have a knob called formant shift, the manual says it shifts the pitch of the formants by semitones. I have no idea what this technically means. Does it pick a spectrum band and shifts its pitch relative to the rest of the spectrum?
I don't know how the Virus does it, but the Reason manual describes the Malström shift like this:

"The Shift knob changes the timbre of the sound (the formant spectrum).
What it actually does is change the pitch of a segment up or down by re-sampling. However, since the pitch you hear is independent of the actual pitch of the graintable (see above), pitch-shifting a segment instead means that more or less of the segment waveform will be played back, resulting in a change of harmonic content and timbre."

How's the 64-bit Viper coming along, Adam? :)

Will I win a t-shirt if I am asking about Mac version? :lol:

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Any further news about 64 bit release date ? Thanks.

There were some changes in FlowStone so I have to rethink a few things and it might take a bit longer to get it ready, but I am almost certain it will be released this month.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

:) Nice adam

OSX version would be welcomed. Hope FlowStone will support it soon. :)

adamtrance wrote:There were some changes in FlowStone so I have to rethink a few things and it might take a bit longer to get it ready, but I am almost certain it will be released this month.
Nice... :hyper:

Imagine hearing such news from U-he... :lol:

2ZrgE wrote:
adamtrance wrote:There were some changes in FlowStone so I have to rethink a few things and it might take a bit longer to get it ready, but I am almost certain it will be released this month.

C'mon, Urs started the Zebra 3 thread in 2012. And where is Zebra 3?

recursive one wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:

C'mon, Urs started the Zebra 3 thread in 2012. And where is Zebra 3?
Well U-he promised a lot of stuff, but they know their business well enough not to post any supposed release dates... :D

Yesterday I have tested the demo and today I purchased the full version. Thank you, Adam!
When I started my hobby productions in 1997, I just wanted to make music. The only hardware I bought was the Roland JP 8000 and JV 2080. I didn't want to program sounds, I just wanted to find cool presets and tweak them the way I could.
I'm working as a professional sound designer for many years now, and I have all the commercial software synths. Still prefer to tweak presets instead of programming them from init. The reason is: quick accessibility. Examples. Sylenth1 sounds great and is accessible, but doesn't has all the features. And Vengeance Avenger - I'm on my way to master it. It does have it all. But it is real science, dope to create something with it. But not good for quick results, when you - let's say, try to create a huge pad in the way of the sounds from the latest Tangerine Dream album.
And then I have discovered this thread about viper, weeks ago. The comparision with the Virus hardware sounded interesting. I have a musical friend who owns a Virus and says that no software will ever accomplish its depth. I can only tell: It's still all about good music. So much music made by synth nerds that know their synths - but not capable of making music with soul. Or just playing around all the time without any results in the end.
When I tested the Viper demo yesterday, I realized that I never had fun before like this when starting with "init". Accessibility is so easy with it, and the sound is insane. The arpeggiator seems to be great. The reverb IS great. And it has a ring modulator. I can tweak all these parameters to achieve a new fat and rich sound within few minutes. Wow. And the manual is so fine...
OK, guess I will fall in love with Viper, and start to program just the presets I need for a tune, with the help from NI Maschine.
And it is my pleasure to support an independent musician, who never wanted to program a plugin first. I think you did a great job!

Return to “Instruments”