DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

dckyoto wrote:
moss wrote:
dckyoto wrote:hmm.. can't get the drum pads to send any midi notes though.
They currently don't do anything, since they are pretty unusable. On one hand you have to hit it with a hammer to send out a signal but on the other hand they sometimes send a wrong trigger without doing anything.
Oh right is this is a common problem with this keyboard?
Yes. No idea how they could build something like that into the device.

I had reported a problem with the Zero SL MkII not selecting modes properly. At that time, you had implemented a workaround in version 3.01 to use the drum pads on the Zero to get around this issue. Since like you mentioned that the pads currently don't do anything, it is also no longer possible to use them for mode selection in the controller settings.

Maybe the script can be reprogrammed so that the pads are only used for mode selection with no other modes available for them, and this way they may not send a wrong trigger. Another point of interest, preview + any of the right side faders/buttons toggles between the track/fx/master modes, and this same functionality is repeated when the second knob row is selected and page left or right are pressed. When we had investigated this problem before, I had found through midi monitor that preview + the right side faders/buttons transmitted cc 85, 86 and 87, and page left/right transmitted 88 and 89. Preview button by itself or in combination with any of the left side knobs/buttons did not transmit any message. So if you want to avoid using the pads completely if it still sends trigger info, two other solutions might be to somehow reprogram what preview + touching/pressing the right side does, or to program the second row knobs in fx or master mode for mode selection, since they are empty in these cases.

maschinelf wrote:I had reported a problem with the Zero SL MkII not selecting modes properly. At that time, you had implemented a workaround in version 3.01 to use the drum pads on the Zero to get around this issue. Since like you mentioned that the pads currently don't do anything, it is also no longer possible to use them for mode selection in the controller settings.
Thanks for reporting! It seems I shomehow lost those settings when converting the script to Java. Will look into it.

New version is up!

Ableton Push v9.52
  • New: Push 2: You can now select the 4th and 8th send by pressing the Shift button.
  • New: Push 1: Added Send 7 and 8 (Press Pan/Send multiple times)
  • Fixed: Push 1: Regression: Send selection did not work
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MkII v1.10
  • New: Switch to flat tracks (instead of groups). Therefore, now all tracks are accessible.
  • New: Added individual logging options for in-/ and outgoing OSC messages
  • New: You can select from several options what happens when you press the Record button.
  • New: Increased monitored scenes from 64 to 128
  • Fixed: Null pointer exception in Scene parsing
  • Known Issue: You can only edit 1 Komplete Kontrol instance in a project (needs to be fixed by Bitwig and/or Native Instruments)
Novation Remote SL v5.11
  • Fixed: New features of version 3.01 were lost when switching to Java.

moss wrote: [*]New: You can select from several options what happens when you press the Record button.
Awesome thanks - how do you select? (does it involve editing the script?)

aMUSEd wrote:
moss wrote: [*]New: You can select from several options what happens when you press the Record button.
Awesome thanks - how do you select? (does it involve editing the script?)
It is in the controller settings.

Thanks just tried it - the record options are perfect - thanks

Zola40 wrote:Oh man, I'm so excited about this - Thank you! Will you please help me troubleshoot why this is partially functional for me? Currently all functions seem to work except plug in lose focus when I navigate away from them like they should, but will not return when I navigate back. I've tried removing all other devices that use your scripts or are Maschine devices to rule out conflict. I've updated KK firmware, drivers, OS (Win 10), Komplete (2.0) and Bitwig (2.3). I've tried running Bitwig as an Administrator. Removing, reinstalling your scripts and Extension. Disabled my Mackie controller that also uses your script.

Of note - when I re-assign or reset the controller in Bitwig, it does recognize the first KK Plug in and allows me to adjust the parameters. In fact when adding a new instrument it works as it should - but when I change tracks or navigate away, I cannot return to the Plug - In screen in KK. In fact, the plug in and browse buttons are disabled. Further, when I select instance there are no other instances recognized... Please help and thanks again for this!~
I have been replicating this with the new version and I wonder if it has to do with the fact that instance control (using the instance button) for KK is meant to be for hosts that don't support 'deep integration' - for integrated hosts switching instances happens when changing focus automatically. So maybe you have a conflict here between the two things? It also seems a bit more serious than just losing focus, for me it ended up with having to kill the NI hardware processes in activity monitor and restart them as it just would not close down properly after getting stuck in this loop of it not knowing what to focus on.

moss wrote:New version is up!

Novation Remote SL v5.11
  • Fixed: New features of version 3.01 were lost when switching to Java.
Great, thank you! Works fine, though I could suggest some improvements, which you can see if they're worth implementing.

Firstly, the order of the pads corresponds to the layout on the 25/49 SL MkII's i.e. Pad 1 for button row 1, Pad 2 for knob row 1 etc. The layout on the zero is different such that the two knob rows are together on top, and the button rows below. So a more intuitive and appropriate mapping would be Pads 1-2 for the knob rows and 3-4 for the buttons. Also, you may want to add an option to completely deactivate or turn off the pads completely, in case like you said it sends wrong triggers sometimes and since they are not needed for the keyboard models.

aMUSEd wrote: I have been replicating this with the new version and I wonder if it has to do with the fact that instance control (using the instance button) for KK is meant to be for hosts that don't support 'deep integration' - for integrated hosts switching instances happens when changing focus automatically. So maybe you have a conflict here between the two things? It also seems a bit more serious than just losing focus, for me it ended up with having to kill the NI hardware processes in activity monitor and restart them as it just would not close down properly after getting stuck in this loop of it not knowing what to focus on.
Known Issue: You can only edit 1 Komplete Kontrol instance in a project (needs to be fixed by Bitwig and/or Native Instruments)

I know - I'm just wondering if this may have something to do with the fact that instances are meant to be switchable using the jogwheel not the instances button in integrated hosts and that trying to switch using the hardware is throwing it into confusion (so much so I have to close the NI processes)

moss wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I came across this video below of a launchpad script with a very useful note layout that mimics a keyboard layout.
This "Piano layout" is available on Push and the next upcoming release of DrivenByMoss will also add it to the Launchpad.
Awesome. Is there also a sequencing mode where the keys are shown on the bottom half and the top is teh sequencer for the selected (or lat triggered) note? That looks really useful.

Hey I had an idea that came out of a common need I have to be able to trigger clips at the same time as access notes of a given track (for one shots). Normally I'd have to use two devices since something like Push forces you to use the pads either for clips or notes, but not both (that i know of). I think it would be really cool to have a mode where one half of the pads (like the top half) was in clip triggering mode and the other half (bottom) was in note mode. And with the option to chose between either isomorphic, drum pad or key mode. It would be really useful for when you only have the Push, because then you have simultaneous access to notes of a selected track and clips.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

moss wrote:New version is up!

Ableton Push v9.52
  • New: Push 2: You can now select the 4th and 8th send by pressing the Shift button.
Sweet! :party:

New version is up!
  • Regression: Extensions did not appear separately in Console
  • OSC: The Open Stage template is slightly updated
  • New: "The Generic Flexi" Controller
"The Generic Flexi" allows you to assign over 200 functions to any MIDI controller you have. It supports buttons, knobs and slider, which can send MIDI CC, notes or Program changes. :D

https://youtu.be/1JjNaviDS5A

Enjoy!

Oh Wow! Thankyou this is awesome.

Return to “Controller Scripting”