Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote:I just put this together... Comparison of some Pultec plugins including VEQ-1P.
Nicely done. Thank you!
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

BlackRooster wrote:
plexuss wrote:I just put this together... Comparison of some Pultec plugins including VEQ-1P.
Nicely done. Thank you!
You're welcome. Very nice sounding Pultec you have, clear and clean!

Lesha wrote: I am on Win 8.1 too, and the legacy files install exactly where I tell them, but they are in one place, under Black Rooster Audio folder. For example, if you have a custom folder called VST and you point your installation to that folder the installer will make a Black Rooster Audio folder right there - VST\Black Rooster Audio.
Yeah I get all that, doesn't work for me, dunno why. It places them @
C:\Program Files\Black Rooster Audio\Plug-Ins\"inside their respective bundles".

Or it's not creating them at all, and I am just taking them from an intended archive. :shrug:
*The designated folders are created, but left empty.

*Honestly, I'd be interested to hear of the benefits of the shell style plugins. There
are precisely 2 companies that do that. IME, they are mostly just problematic.
Not a criticism, just curious.

plexuss wrote:I just put this together... Comparison of some Pultec plugins including VEQ-1P. It starts out dry. I put comments in where the EQ's change. I attempted to get them to sound similar with similar loudness without being obsessive about it. There is 60Hz boost with some atten, and high end boost @ 5k with mid-way bandwidth.
Thanks plexuss, it's really useful. What's your favorite one?

tappert wrote:
plexuss wrote:I just put this together... Comparison of some Pultec plugins including VEQ-1P. It starts out dry. I put comments in where the EQ's change. I attempted to get them to sound similar with similar loudness without being obsessive about it. There is 60Hz boost with some atten, and high end boost @ 5k with mid-way bandwidth.
Thanks plexuss, it's really useful. What's your favorite one?
I don't have a favourite. They all have a slightly different character both in terms of the EQ and the over-all sound (some emulate the distoritons in the original hardware). Of course the Softube is a model of a Tube-tech (not a Pultec, but the Tube-tech is a psudo-clone of the Pultec).

I think VEQ-1P fits in nicely to the collection and offers enough of a different take on the Pultec to be a good addition.

I really hope Black rooster will someday put all three units (or at least two) in one plugin, like Ignite Amps do. I would happily buy that (for a reasonable price :).

Love this pultec emu.

Sound so freash and right!

Best sounding pultec emu in my ear’s.

Thank’s

Just bought VEQ bundle on sale. I must confess, it's third Pultec emulation I own and it's a step up in terms of its sound. Still hoping we'll see it integrated in one plugin someday and having all numbers in the interface clickable would be great. All in all, great sounding EQ. Thank you, Black Rooster.

I've been testing this today and for fun I have tried to pit the VEQ-1P against Acustica Audio's White plugin (another Pultec, based on the Pultec EQP1A, I believe) and the little VEQ-1P sounded just as good in every way! Maybe the bass response in the AA White had a slightly more defined sound, a tiny bit, maybe...but VEQ-1P could be pushed into the same sort of plummy, overdriven bass sound and had a slightly more extended top end, which I really liked. Superb! So I bought it. A no brainer at the current Xmas sale price and considering how CPU intensive the AA White plugin is, the VEQ-1P will see much more use.

Great job Black Rooster Audio!

There is a Xmas deal now on, so go and get yourself this amazing EQ, everyone!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Bought this, the midrange Pultec and their LA-2A recently.. I'm hooked! BRA make seriously high quality stuff.

Yes they do.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:41 am Bought this, the midrange Pultec and their LA-2A recently.. I'm hooked! BRA make seriously high quality stuff.
They make amazing stuff for sure!!!

Looks like they dropped the eq bundle, weak...

Return to “Effects”